Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 PM

340 posts, read 1,442,018 times

Advertisements

Yeah,Yeah and if Brad had spun Carl like he tried to (and don't try to say he wasn't trying) then we wouldn't be talking about "Big Bad Carl" Nobody can say what they were really thinking except to win this race. What happened after the "fender rub" wasn't intentional and wasn't known. The idea that Carl; or any race driver; trying to kill someone is crazy.The fact that no one was really hurt is the main thing and thats all thats gonna change. The accidents will always be there and always have; it's part of racing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 08:46 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,122,229 times
Wasn't it just last year when posters were complaining NASCAR's rules were too strict and they should just let the drivers race ?

Be carefull what you wish for !

Old 07-19-2010, 10:05 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,780,418 times
I am thinking Edwards is losing any respect he has left, Nascar is going to have a hard time doing anything to Brad when he does pay him back after they let Edwards off the hook when he basically admitted he took him out on purpose. Edwards has serious mental issues.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:57 AM

Brad's daddy will have a talk with him. sarc

Old 07-20-2010, 11:39 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,659,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I am thinking Edwards is losing any respect he has left, Nascar is going to have a hard time doing anything to Brad when he does pay him back after they let Edwards off the hook when he basically admitted he took him out on purpose. Edwards has serious mental issues.
i disagree, carl is just telling people that you cant try to wreck him without consequence. brad needs to learn that lesson. brad also needs to look at the bigger picture as well, especially when he has the points lead. all brad had to do is maintain that points lead by just finishing close to edwards every race, and he will win the championship. but if brad continues to try and wreck edwards, he may end up losing that championship. dont forget that because of the stunt he pulled, and which carl retaliated, brad lost 59 points by finishing 14th, as opposed to finishing second and losing no points.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Crazy Carl vs Bad Brad

The title should have read-------Buck tooth Baby Brad.

Baby ( as in cry baby )

Old 07-20-2010, 03:52 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,810,286 times
^More like horse face vs horse face.

Every time I see either one of them it makes me think, why the long face?

Although I don't care for either of them, I gotta side with Keselowski on this one. Edwards was way out of line.

I'm sure Keselowski will make sure Edwards doesn't make the Cup Chase.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:24 PM

8,875 posts, read 13,849,352 times
I don't know gang... If you take away the other cars hitting BK's car after it came down to the inside wall, it really wasn't a big deal.

And what I mean by that is he chased Edwards up the track in 1 & 2 and then gave him the chrome horn to pass. You know darned well if that Edwards (or whichever driver that happens to) can catch up to the other guy before the checkers, he'll get you back.

The payback was not over the top. It was a classic return bump. The aftermath was where the severity came in. Sometimes you're going have minimal collateral damage, and sometimes, you're going to have a big wreck after a payback.

It's a shame that the wreck turned out as severe as it did. But, in the grand scheme of things, it was a total racing deal.

(Besides, the cars that hit BK actually put him over the Finish Line!)

Old 07-20-2010, 06:41 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,258 posts, read 8,624,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
The payback was not over the top. It was a classic return bump.
Whoa there partner, A return bump would have been to the back of Brad's car, given position he could'nt tag him in the left rear (as Brad did to Carl). That loostens ya up and makes you counter stear, but is recoverable...To deliberatley put someone in the outside wall by turning them right, is dangerous and Carl was wrong to do it....The last 3 drivers killed were suddenly turner right and into the wall...Either by another car or a blown tire. Carl should be suspeneded for the rest of the season

Old 07-20-2010, 08:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,659,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Whoa there partner, A return bump would have been to the back of Brad's car, given position he could'nt tag him in the left rear (as Brad did to Carl). That loostens ya up and makes you counter stear, but is recoverable...To deliberatley put someone in the outside wall by turning them right, is dangerous and Carl was wrong to do it....The last 3 drivers killed were suddenly turner right and into the wall...Either by another car or a blown tire. Carl should be suspeneded for the rest of the season
if you think carl should be suspended for the rest of the season, then you have to suspend brad also as he was the one that started the whole thing. i am not saying what carl did was right, but brad needs to learn he cant be pushing others around all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing