Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:03 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i disagree, carl is just telling people that you cant try to wreck him without consequence. brad needs to learn that lesson. brad also needs to look at the bigger picture as well, especially when he has the points lead. all brad had to do is maintain that points lead by just finishing close to edwards every race, and he will win the championship. but if brad continues to try and wreck edwards, he may end up losing that championship. dont forget that because of the stunt he pulled, and which carl retaliated, brad lost 59 points by finishing 14th, as opposed to finishing second and losing no points.
Sounds like the drivers see it differently even Hamlin who is no friend of Keslowskis, thought it wwas dirty Gordon came out today saying it crossed the line. Brad dint try to wreck edwards he passed him cleanly edwards took him out.........look edwards has a history, he obviously has emotional issues and ithink they are going to catch up to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 12:26 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Sounds like the drivers see it differently even Hamlin who is no friend of Keslowskis, thought it wwas dirty Gordon came out today saying it crossed the line. Brad dint try to wreck edwards he passed him cleanly edwards took him out.........look edwards has a history, he obviously has emotional issues and ithink they are going to catch up to him.
no brad did not pass edwards cleanly. brad tried to spin edwards. these two have a history of bad blood between them, and brad is the instigator. brad raced carl cleanly for several laps earlier in the race, but when the last lap came, brad got into carl in turn one. carl retaliated off turn four. brad tried to block carl off turn four, and yes carl did turn down on brad, but brad brought it on himself. in the end BOTH driver were wrong, but carl was telling brad that you cant race me roughly and expect me to take it. brad has been warned about this many times in the past and has yet to learn his lesson.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:29 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Whoa there partner, A return bump would have been to the back of Brad's car, given position he could'nt tag him in the left rear (as Brad did to Carl). That loostens ya up and makes you counter stear, but is recoverable...To deliberatley put someone in the outside wall by turning them right, is dangerous and Carl was wrong to do it....The last 3 drivers killed were suddenly turner right and into the wall...Either by another car or a blown tire. Carl should be suspeneded for the rest of the season
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no brad did not pass edwards cleanly. brad tried to spin edwards. these two have a history of bad blood between them, and brad is the instigator. brad raced carl cleanly for several laps earlier in the race, but when the last lap came, brad got into carl in turn one. carl retaliated off turn four. brad tried to block carl off turn four, and yes carl did turn down on brad, but brad brought it on himself. in the end BOTH driver were wrong, but carl was telling brad that you cant race me roughly and expect me to take it. brad has been warned about this many times in the past and has yet to learn his lesson.
And that's the point. There's a big difference between getting into the rear bumper or left rear as opposed to hooking the right rear and turning a car straight into the wall. Go back and watch the replay.

Wonder if Edwards would've tried that move on Cale?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:22 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
+1

And that's the point. There's a big difference between getting into the rear bumper or left rear as opposed to hooking the right rear and turning a car straight into the wall. Go back and watch the replay.

Wonder if Edwards would've tried that move on Cale?
+1.

What Brad did to Carl was racing. What Carl did was intentional, no way around that. The he says that he wouldn't let Brad "steal" the race, even though Brad led the most laps!

We can all agree that Brad was due some payback. I like it that the drivers are being more aggressive, but there needs to be limits. Carl could have waited for another opportunity to ruin Brad's day, but in a "safer" way. Carl has twice intentionally put Brad into grave danger. Bumping someone into a wall is one thing, but using your car as a weapon is over the line.

I personally have NO problem with Carl hitting Brad for payback. The problem is Carl just doesn't know how to do that without trying to kill the guy and everybody around him (including possibly some fans). Hooking somebody on the frontstretch in front of all those people and other race cars trying to get a good finish is not smart at all.

Carl is a pompous a** and tries to play both sides of the fence. I hope that payback from Brad comes as Carl is fighting to get into the Chase in Richmond.

Last edited by USNRET04; 07-21-2010 at 08:37 AM..

Old 07-21-2010, 01:54 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,831 times
"I'd like to thank Aflac and the boys in the shop for a great race car" - Classic Carl comment after he destroys someone!

I don't like BK at all...He has very few friends on the sprint cup side as he's pissed most off.

Turn 1 BK did get into Carl pretty good, that car was sideways, Carl just did a h*ll of a job saving it. His hit on BK coming out of 4 was NO WORSE.

Like Atlanta, I applaud Aflac....

Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,831 times
Here ya go:

End of the year, both are on probation. HAHA

NASCAR.COM - Edwards, Keselowski penalized for actions - Jul 21, 2010

Old 07-21-2010, 02:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
i agree with hitting carl up for the money fine, andi can even accept the points fine, but brad got away essentially scot free, no money fine, no points fine, that is bull crap plain and simple since he was the one that started the problem.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:14 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Edwards should have been fined $50K and parked for at least 1 race.

Don't you know those 60 points from the car owner just has to hack Roush off.

You also got to remember there's another Keselowski racing too, and he ain't on probation.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:33 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:

You also got to remember there's another Keselowski racing too, and he ain't on probation.
Exactly! , I would say right now Brad has more friends on the cup side than edwards, look for edwards to get no love out on the track the rest of the year, I think most guys including his team mates know he is not quite right in the head.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:

You referring to Brad's daddy ?
He threatened to don a suit and get on the track in a car.

Wooooooooo

That must have really scared Carl Edwards .

I thought dads getting overly involved was only in little league baseball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing