U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 06:20 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,159,182 times

Advertisements

It is not Junior's fault for all the hate, it is NASCAR and a good majority of his fans. Click on NASCAR.com and all you will see are Jr. ads. It is like the government shoving this healthcare bill down our throats. NASCAR does the same thing with Jr., and it aggravates us. That's how I see it anyway. Go Shrub!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 07:25 AM

5,803 posts, read 6,583,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
There is no pretty way to ask this. I've been reading several boards including Jr boards. Its brought me to ask this question.

As it ever crossed your mind that maybe Jr just is not the driver you all thought he was due to his last name? This is meant in no offensive way what so ever.

Its just that now I see the same excuses being made as when he was at DEI. Its the Crew Chief, Its the spotter. Its this and its that and its never Jr that is questioned.

Jr gets the same equipment that all hms drivers has. He has access to the info of all other drivers with the click of a mouse on their computer.

So maybe its time instead of bashing Rich Hendrick and Lance and everyone else at HMS the same way that happened at DEI. Its time to accept that maybe Jr isnt going to get a championship and its not everyone elses fault.

Kinda like Mark Martin.
I'm sure you will find in these forums that most here know that a good part of the blame falls on Jr. I am also a Jr fan and like him for his personality mainly. I was happy when he joined HMS, but also worried, because I knew his driving wasn't as good as JJ's or JG's and if he didn't step up quick, it would look very bad on him. (If Kasey Kahne comes over and starts winning, then we will know for sure it was Jr.)

There are two things besides skill that every driver needs to win a championship. Chemistry (between driver and crew chief) and good luck. Jimmy Johnson is a perfect example of that. I think Jr. has the skill. Does he always apply it? Not so sure. It looks like the chemistry is still lacking and that very well can be blamed on Jr. And "good luck" just hasn't been associated with Jr. recently.

There is nobody that want's Jr to win a championship more than NASCAR does.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
500th NASCAR start for Dale Jr.: #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. will make his 500th start in a NASCAR-sanctioned points-paying event this weekend. Earnhardt will be making his 385th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start when he lines up Sunday at Watkins Glen International. He also has tallied 115 starts in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Earnhardt Jr., who will turn 36 on Oct. 10, has four more combined Cup and Nationwide victories than his father scored by his 36th birthday. With eight more scheduled Cup starts before he turns 36, Earnhardt Jr. already has 18 Cup wins and 23 Nationwide Series victories for a total of 41. Earnhardt Sr. scored 37 total wins (26 in the Cup Series and 11 in Nationwide) by his 36th birthday, which fell April 29, 1987 [Earnhardt Sr. has two Sprint Cup championships by his 36th birthday and would win another one in 1987].
Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page

Old 08-10-2010, 03:17 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,615,219 times
sympathy affect.... IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LAST NAME!

Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,883,407 times
I never cared for Earnhardt SR. too much attitude and too much favoritism from Nascar. Jr on the other hand has a great attitude but sadly not as much skill as his dad. When Sr was killed Nascar hoped Jr would be able to step in and fill his shoes but this has not happened and probably never will.

Nothing wrong for being a Jr fan because he is very likable and a pretty good racer but if you were expecting the same on track performance as Sr.you are just not going to get it. Dad's skills do not automatically transfer from father to son. Just like most of the other sons of past hero's if you worship them you will be disappointed.

Stop whining about crew chiefs or team favoritism, that's not the problem.
Cheer for Jr because he is a nice guy and a pretty good driver.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 AM

445 posts, read 681,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I never cared for Earnhardt SR. too much attitude and too much favoritism from Nascar. Jr on the other hand has a great attitude but sadly not as much skill as his dad. When Sr was killed Nascar hoped Jr would be able to step in and fill his shoes but this has not happened and probably never will.

Nothing wrong for being a Jr fan because he is very likable and a pretty good racer but if you were expecting the same on track performance as Sr.you are just not going to get it. Dad's skills do not automatically transfer from father to son. Just like most of the other sons of past hero's if you worship them you will be disappointed.

Stop whining about crew chiefs or team favoritism, that's not the problem.
Cheer for Jr because he is a nice guy and a pretty good driver.
Pretty much sums it up.

I don't dislike Jr, at all. Just never understood all the hero worship that goes on with his fans.

I wish him success but I don't see a whole lot in the future. Just a good racer that may win a few races but will never win a championship.

He would probably have a lot more success in the Nationwide series as he has shown he has been capable of doing in the past.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
Pretty much sums it up.

I don't dislike Jr, at all. Just never understood all the hero worship that goes on with his fans.

I wish him success but I don't see a whole lot in the future. Just a good racer that may win a few races but will never win a championship.

He would probably have a lot more success in the Nationwide series as he has shown he has been capable of doing in the past.
Yeah, I think PDD pegged it. I think Jr. has a take it or leave it attitude. He is very happy in his own skin that's for sure.

I sure would like to see him win a few more races, especially for his die-hard fans. I'm just not so sure that Dale has the drive in him to win a championship. I hope he proves me wrong!

Old 10-15-2010, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,792 times
PDD you hit the nail on head with that post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing