Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 03:15 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times

Advertisements

rule #1) Good idea having 1 engineer from each company.
" #2) That has been a rule for decades now.
" #3) Tech Inspectors should be a huge part of the rules committee
" #4) Not going to ever happen.
" #5) I think the last race should be Thanksgiving weekend. 40 should be
min. number of races.
" #6) Um, it will ALWAYS be as is today! They own it, soooo.......
" #7) That is a complete lack of understanding dyno testing to say none
none allowed!!! Dyno'ing in many cases has nothing to do with trying to find more power as it might be a durability test, which can lead to better parts for all teams!
" #8) They have gear rules at some tracks already. Te restrictor plate should be axed!
" #9) While not pretty, depends on what you would replace it with. The old Mopar Daytona and SuperBird wings would work.
"#10) won't work in nascar where the engine is used only 1 race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 06:37 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,098,673 times
well I'm an old timer and I think the racing's been much better this yr especially lately.

The Spoiler has been a nice add.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:36 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Get rid of the announcers! Personally I just would like to watch the race and not hear all the chit-chat ( yelling) in-between! Also do something about the parking around the race tracks. The reason we won't go to Charlotte Motor Speedway anymore is because it takes 4 hours just to get out of the parking lot. Insane! They need to figure out a better way to handle the traffic or to have better transportation to the race tracks.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:43 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Get rid of the announcers! Personally I just would like to watch the race and not hear all the chit-chat ( yelling) in-between! Also do something about the parking around the race tracks. The reason we won't go to Charlotte Motor Speedway anymore is because it takes 4 hours just to get out of the parking lot. Insane! They need to figure out a better way to handle the traffic or to have better transportation to the race tracks.
What would be cool is if they had remote lots in surrounding towns (Harrisburg, Concord, Huntersville, Verizon Amphitheater,etc) and then had express busses running in a dedicated lane to and from the track. Obviously you can't have a dedicated lane all the way to each of the lots, but you run it for a couple of miles from the track proper. I'd ride it!

Old 08-29-2010, 02:29 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
There you go! I really think they actually could have a dedicated lane for a good distance---they make all the lanes go one direction as it is so why not? Ah, we can dream. Ha! Now to lose all but one announcer and maybe a few more people would come back to watching car races again! I actually get a headache trying to hear the races nowdays. Those guys are just to loud and spend more time joking back and forth then watching the race. Half the time they don't seem to see what really happened. Oh well, it is what it is!

Old 08-29-2010, 05:17 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
My last trip to CMS the parking situation had improved. Rather than "every man for himself" mentality employed by CMS the parking attendants were on hand after the race to direct race fans leaving.
Cut the wait time in half.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Give the fans water guns so they can squirt it on the turns when the guy they hate is coming down the straight away.

...and free dentistry. (true story so don't hate, I thought it was funny at the time.)

Old 08-31-2010, 05:55 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
For starters they can get rid or the Car of Tommorrow.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
My question is, why and the hell doesn't NASCAR listen to what the fans want?

Old 09-02-2010, 07:11 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Because there is no way they could please --you--regardless what changes they made.

Quite evident from reading your posts on NASCAR.

Some people are " professional" war protestors.
Some are " professional" NASCAR bashers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing