U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,922,186 times

Advertisements

Good article here

Kyle Busch may be an a** but he kicked yours | RacingWithRich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 06:31 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,580,827 times
It's much harder now to make a name for yourself in NASCAR. These young guys are put into some good equipment at 19-20 years old - Kyle, Brad, Joey...., and are expected to be in the top ten every race from their sponsors. So these drivers do everything they can to live up to that expectation as quickly as possible. It's just not always feasible. There is no more learning curve in NASCAR.

Kyle did the same things when he first started out...pissing off the veteran drivers, then whining about it. Just because Kyle has won quite a few races, why does he automatically deserve respect if he does not reciprocate the respect? I can see a new driver showing respect to guys like Gordon, Stewart, Johnson, Kurt Busch, Mark Martin....but the rest of the drivers don't have much to stand on until they win a championship or have dozens of years driving like Mark.

There is so much pressure now on all drivers to win or at least be challenging for a win so you make some TV time and your sponsor is happy, or you could be out of a ride next year. There are quite a few promising drivers that are no longer driving because they were just not aggressive enough.

While Kyle is an exceptional driver and the fireworks he caused in the NW race makes the race much more interesting, Brad showed more maturity in how he handled the press after the event. (Although calling Kyle an "ass" on Saturday was funny, it seems like NASCAR is starting to tailor itself after the WWF).

Don't get me wrong...I don't want the drivers to be friends on the track. They need to fight and fight hard for the win. NASCAR shouldn't have tied Brad's hands, because now the drivers can pick a fight knowing that Brad cannot retaliate. That's really not fair.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,462,004 times
I, for one, am sick of Brad Keslowski.

When he pushes some one out of the way and they complain but don't retaliate, he says it's just hard racing and they should quit complaining.

When it happens back to him, he gets mad.

Oh well, still a kid.

He'll learn it's a 2 way street and what goes around comes around.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,409,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Triplemint!!!!!!!!!!!!
Speaking of Triplemint:

Old 08-24-2010, 01:00 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,955,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I, for one, am sick of Brad Keslowski.

When he pushes some one out of the way and they complain but don't retaliate, he says it's just hard racing and they should quit complaining.

When it happens back to him, he gets mad.

Oh well, still a kid.

He'll learn it's a 2 way street and what goes around comes around.
Yep;he is the new wiener and basically can't take what he likes to dishout.I amnot a great fan of Kyles but he never was one to takeout mnay epople. In this case what goes around has come around to Keslowski.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:17 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,119 posts, read 7,570,795 times
Yep Brad has no leg to stand on with Kyle, Kyle slid him, brad either checks up or taps kyle, he taps him, Kyle gives pay back, just racing boys, nothing wrong with it....Not like they were TURNING each other RIGHT into the OUTSIDE wall...........

Old 08-24-2010, 10:06 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,173,235 times
All this is endless and we can all go back and forth calling each others drivers punks. but if you honestly watch the tapes, they dont lie. I have yet to see much of where Brad has really done more than the basic racin deal......edwards and busch on the other hand were blatant and obvious and then they brag about it. Wait until the chase when every point is valuable and see them get their payback if not from Brad, one of the veterans, edwards has very few friends left, and you know every body is sick of busch's attitude.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:52 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,491,059 times
Ah, have we all forgotten how much Dale Earnhardt was constantly in some kind of controversy? So is Brad. Now I am not going to compare Brad with Dale but with this sport comes controversy if you happen to be an agressive driver. Personally I can't stand Kyle but the kid can drive. Again, controversy but with Kyle, at least for me, I don't much care for his attitude, although he seems to be maturing a bit lately. That said, there is always going to be some kind of controversy but I can remember Dale saying...they (the fans) can "boo" me all the way to the bank!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:45 AM

180 posts, read 306,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
and you know every body is sick of busch's attitude.
Im Not!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:08 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,922,186 times
Another view

No Doubt About NASCAR's Dirtiest Driver: Brad Keselowski -- Motorsports FanHouse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing