U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 AM

3,000 posts, read 3,158,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Maybe bowling will be on TV for you to watch.
I actually enjoy watching bowling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 11:32 AM

12,577 posts, read 13,314,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Sort of make you wonder why one of GM's top teams would jump ship to Toyota.

Gibbs is a football guy and not a racer tied to any particular brand. He is also a winner and when he realized that Toyota was willing to spend more money to win than GM he switched brands.
Owners like, Childress, Hendricks, Roush are too tied in with brand loyalty to ever consider another brand.
Perhaps their downfall but Jack Roush said it was gonna happen and this year it just might.
You kind of answered your own question; Toyota needed a flagship team, MWR & Red Bull are not the caliber of JGR. JGR wanted to be a flagship team and as long as HMS & RCR are bowtie teams JGR was going to be 3rd in line.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:21 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You kind of answered your own question; Toyota needed a flagship team, MWR & Red Bull are not the caliber of JGR. JGR wanted to be a flagship team and as long as HMS & RCR are bowtie teams JGR was going to be 3rd in line.
So you are saying when Tony Stuart was winning championships driving a GM for Gibbs they were not getting the best stuff from GM???? They were 3rd in line for the good stuff.

I have to disagree with you on that. I think when he talked to Toyota he found out their determined willingness to win at all costs. That's why he jumped ship. But I could be wrong.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,492,849 times
I have to stay true to Smoke...he loves to race so much and really doesn't give a hoot about being a movie star! Go Smoke!
I probably won't watch much though--the chase kinda bores me....But DH enjoys it so he'll keep me filled in.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:38 PM

32,474 posts, read 26,356,312 times
i think it will come down to carl edwards and tony stewart. these two have gained the most points in the last five to ten races, while most of the others faded a bit. however i will not count out jeff gordon, kevin harvick, or jimmy johnson, as all three of those teams have been very consistent all year long, even though johnson has struggled most of the season, and harvick has struggled recently.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:07 PM

5,802 posts, read 6,582,144 times
Too bad for Clint Bowyer. He and his team were penalized 150 points due to the #33 Chevy not passing inspection after his win in Dover last Sunday.

Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page

Old 09-24-2010, 05:57 PM

7,186 posts, read 11,234,288 times
Too bad, so sad for Bowyer. I don't consider him a contender, especially if he's in a legal car.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:01 AM

5,802 posts, read 6,582,144 times
Default Bowyer denied appeal by NASCAR

Childress brought in Dr. Charles Manning, who owns Accident Reconstruction Analysis in Raleigh, N.C. Manning said he has no doubt that Bowyer's car was knocked out of tolerance the sixty-thousands of an inch that NASCAR claimed by the wrecker that pushed it after it ran out of gas following the win. Manning said he duplicated the incident with a wrecker and car of the same specifications.

Even though Dr. Manning has been used numerous times in the courts, NASCAR didn't buy it.

That's just B.S. I'm not a RCR fan by any means, but NASCAR is really overstepping it's boundaries and ruining stock car racing.

In other news, Hamlin and Harvick have kissed and made up after Hamlin basically accused RCR of being cheaters. Harvick had vowed revenge on Hamlin for his remarks. Awwww, now isn't that sweet!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:35 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,792,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Childress brought in Dr. Charles Manning, who owns Accident Reconstruction Analysis in Raleigh, N.C. Manning said he has no doubt that Bowyer's car was knocked out of tolerance the sixty-thousands of an inch that NASCAR claimed by the wrecker that pushed it after it ran out of gas following the win. Manning said he duplicated the incident with a wrecker and car of the same specifications.

Even though Dr. Manning has been used numerous times in the courts, NASCAR didn't buy it.

That's just B.S. I'm not a RCR fan by any means, but NASCAR is really overstepping it's boundaries and ruining stock car racing.
I am not even sure why NASCAR has an appeals process.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:53 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

In other news, Hamlin and Harvick have kissed and made up after Hamlin basically accused RCR of being cheaters. Harvick had vowed revenge on Hamlin for his remarks. Awwww, now isn't that sweet!
I kind of felt sorry for Childress but then I remembered the Earnhardt championship the Nascar stole from Mark Martin because of an intake manifold that Nascar admitted offered no performance advantage. Deduct 40 points from Mark Martin but no deduction when Earnhardts crew took the jacks trackside to change a flat on the Childress owned car.
Is this one of those "what comes around goes around"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing