Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 09:32 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,313,176 times

Advertisements

He warned everybody but nobody believed him or didn't care.
If you let the Japanese manufacturers in they will spend as much money as possible to dominate the sport.

I think they have dominated the truck series .
I think they have dominated the Nationwise series.
I think they are on the verge of dominating the Cup Series.

They did it at Indy and now they are doing it in Nascar.

Toyota has more money to spend than Ford, GM and Chrysler combined and they are spending it to beat up on the only true American sport that we used to have.

I am not taking anything away from Kyle Bush as what he just did was amazing but he just might have a slight advantage over the other brands.

I have nothing against Japanese autos because I actually own one along with my two other American brands. But Nascar is about the big three fighting it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 02:47 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,983,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I am not taking anything away from Kyle Bush as what he just did was amazing but he just might have a slight advantage over the other brands.

Have you seen a nationwide race when Kyle, Joey or Denny are NOT driving the cars? They are pathetic cars!

Old 08-22-2010, 05:10 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,516,544 times
Quote:
He warned everybody but nobody believed him or didn't care.
If you let the Japanese manufacturers in they will spend as much money as possible to dominate the sport.

I think they have dominated the truck series .
I think they have dominated the Nationwise series.
I think they are on the verge of dominating the Cup Series.

They did it at Indy and now they are doing it in Nascar.

Toyota has more money to spend than Ford, GM and Chrysler combined and they are spending it to beat up on the only true American sport that we used to have.

I have nothing against Japanese autos because I actually own one along with my two other American brands. But Nascar is about the big three fighting it out.
It's an elitist attitude that NASCAR has tried maintain by continuing the use of antiquated technology. Just as they are getting their a***s handed to them in the retail market it would be safe to say if NASCAR were using fuel injected overhead cam V8s like the rest of the automotive world the Big 3 would be battling for 41st, 42nd, & 43rd each week. So much for the American spirit.
BTW, anyone notice how much better Roush racing is performing without him in the shop?

Old 08-22-2010, 07:14 PM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,313,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
It's an elitist attitude that NASCAR has tried maintain by continuing the use of antiquated technology. Just as they are getting their a***s handed to them in the retail market it would be safe to say if NASCAR were using fuel injected overhead cam V8s like the rest of the automotive world the Big 3 would be battling for 41st, 42nd, & 43rd each week. So much for the American spirit.
BTW, anyone notice how much better Roush racing is performing without him in the shop?
Sounds like you should be watching sports car racing rather than Nascar. They use those engines of which you speak.

Some of them in Fords too.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you should be watching sports car racing rather than Nascar. They use those engines of which you speak.

Some of them in Fords too.
In spite of my post I'm a NASCAR follower, but I root for the driver, no matter what he drives. And yes, I love the sound of those thundering V8s, but being realistic if NASCAR were to open up more, allowing more foreign makes into the series the big 3 would be also rans.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:46 AM

9,407 posts, read 9,692,831 times
There are only 2 Toyota's in the Sprint Cup top 12. Both from JGR which is the powerhouse for Toyota. So I wouldn't count out the big three yet.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
There are only 2 Toyota's in the Sprint Cup top 12. Both from JGR which is the powerhouse for Toyota. So I wouldn't count out the big three yet.
A valid point; I remember in the days of the T-bird at one point Ford had 22 teams in Cup alone, Toyota is nowhere near to that point.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,667,389 times
personally i think that more manufacturers need to be involved in nascar racing as it would add to the sport. back in the old days when every manufacturer except cadillac and lincoln were running teams, it was a much better show. if nissan, mercedes, buick, lincoln, cadillac, bmw, jaguar, and any other manufacturer were to involve themselves, it would again be a much better show.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:27 PM

8,875 posts, read 13,850,323 times
Quote:
In spite of my post I'm a NASCAR follower, but I root for the driver, no matter what he drives.
I'm pretty much the opposite. I drive Fords, but don't care for Ford racing. I root for the Chevy's on the track (in spite of 24 & 48), but I won't buy a Chevy.

As for Toyota, once a driver goes to Toy in Cup, I'm done with them. Bye Michael...Bye Martin... Oh, and I don't plan to ever buy a Toy. Felt that way even before they soiled Nascar with their presence. Never cared for the brand; never will.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:44 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,264,904 times
Quote:
In spite of my post I'm a NASCAR follower, but I root for the driver, no matter what he drives. And yes, I love the sound of those thundering V8s, but being realistic if NASCAR were to open up more, allowing more foreign makes into the series the big 3 would be also rans.

You couldn't be more wrong on the also rans. Do you know what is allowed in the big 3 engines as far as valve positions and angle placement vs. the toyotas? I'll give you a hint; when toyota was limited to what the big 3 were, they were back of the pack traffic jams! Currently toyota is spending more money in racing than ALL other companies combined! But a funny little thing is the only time they gain in performance is when rule get modified to a gimmie for them or they hire AMERICAN engine guys. Brag on the import junk companies all you want, but they are not better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing