Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Team Hendrick's move to switch pit crews btw the 48 and 24?
Yes 5 45.45%
No 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:27 AM

9,472 posts, read 9,766,986 times

Advertisements

I agree, obviously it worked in JJ's favor at Phoenix. If any team could have done the switch, it was these two teams. I don't think any team in NASCAR works closer together. HMS is all about teamwork. Since Jeff owns half of the 48 team, it makes it even easier.

Just like in any sport, if your QB or pitcher is not performing, do you leave him in the game?

Last edited by USNRET04; 11-15-2010 at 07:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 07:34 AM

9,472 posts, read 9,766,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I really don't care what they do as long as team 11 wins. Go Hamlin team!

And I am so tired of hearing Jeff Gordon whine. You are in a man's sport. Grow up!

I don't know what is going on with these people, but something is very wrong. You don't win it by yourself and you don't lose it by yourself. Sometimes people make mistakes and sometimes they have problems, but a team needs to support each other. Hamlin's pit crew is the best, but there have been times they did not get him out first and I have never heard him fussing about it.
First of all, the 11 team called out the 48 and the 11 team blew it at Phoenix.

Denny is one the most immature drivers in NASCAR. He opens his mouth at the wrong time and just look at him pouting on camera at the end of the race and punching his car, etc... I can understand him being angry, but in your analogy, drivers need to GROW UP, right?

Gordon was wrecked for no reason, under CAUTION and his car/day was ruined. You can't win in this sport if you let other drivers push you around. Jeff didn't whine as you say. He actually dealt with the situation as a "man".

Do you want cry babies like Hamlin in NASCAR or men who don't take crap from other drivers?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:54 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,177,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I agree, obviously it worked in JJ's favor at Phoenix. If any team could have done the switch, it was these two teams. I don't think any team in NASCAR works closer together. HMS is all about teamwork. Since Jeff owns half of the 48 team, it makes it even easier.

Just like in any sport, if your QB or pitcher is not performing, do you leave him in the game?
I forgot that Jeff owns half the 48 team. All the more reason for him to understand and go along with the swap. It benefits him twofold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing