U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 11:30 PM

3,046 posts, read 5,237,978 times

Advertisements

That was the most boring bud shootout i've seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 AM

5,803 posts, read 6,583,457 times
I have mixed feelings about what I saw at the Bud Shootout Saturday night. The "2-step-tango" or whatever they were calling it. I'm not sure if I will like seeing it for 250 laps on Sunday.

Liked that move by Kyle when he drove up on the outside and passed every car left in the field. I was ROFL.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 AM

7,186 posts, read 11,235,776 times
Putting my feelings of Busch aside, if that were a normal race would he not be Black flag'd for a move like that?

If you're in the grid, you're warned about laying back off the guy in front of you at the restart to prevent getting a jump. He laid back during the caution so he could have a head of steam by the time he hit the S/F line. That doesn't add up.

Plus if someone in the pack moved up the track, that would have been disasterous to say the least.

Your thoughts?

Old 02-14-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Putting my feelings of Busch aside, if that were a normal race would he not be Black flag'd for a move like that?

If you're in the grid, you're warned about laying back off the guy in front of you at the restart to prevent getting a jump. He laid back during the caution so he could have a head of steam by the time he hit the S/F line. That doesn't add up.

Plus if someone in the pack moved up the track, that would have been disasterous to say the least.

Your thoughts?
I thought that he was trying to catch up to the lead pack at the restart after having some repairs done in pit road. But by the time the green flag dropped it just worked out that he stomped on the gas and got the momentum.

I bet Kyle had fun doing it, even though he dropped like a rock as soon as the other drivers paired up. He was out of the race a few laps later.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:34 PM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,774 posts, read 14,880,641 times
What's gonna happen if one of NASCAR'S favorites has to make an unscheduled pit stop and has to try and catch up all by himself? A driver could easily go two laps down. I can see quite a few debris cautions coming if that happens. Maybe one of the lesser names would have to catch up all by themselves but not JJ, JG,DEjr.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
What's gonna happen if one of NASCAR'S favorites has to make an unscheduled pit stop and has to try and catch up all by himself? A driver could easily go two laps down. I can see quite a few debris cautions coming if that happens. Maybe one of the lesser names would have to catch up all by themselves but not JJ, JG,DEjr.
You make a good point. Didn't something like this happen last year, either Daytona or Dega where they were trying to get Michael Waltrip to fall back and pick up Kyle Bush?

If you are a driver from a smaller team and you fall back to help one of these big name guys, I hope there is some bonus cash from the owner of the big team for you.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:06 PM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,774 posts, read 14,880,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

If you are a driver from a smaller team and you fall back to help one of these big name guys, I hope there is some bonus cash from the owner of the big team for you.
You got something there, maybe now instead of Start and Park drivers they're will be catch up cars or maybe they will call them the Taxis or Tow truck drivers.

Just like in Pro Football we will now have the Taxi squad and you call on them when you need a push or tow.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:48 PM

7,186 posts, read 11,235,776 times
May be a moot point. Nascar seems intent to break up the tandems before Sunday. Can't wait to see how it plays out!

Old 02-15-2011, 03:14 AM

3,046 posts, read 5,237,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I have mixed feelings about what I saw at the Bud Shootout Saturday night. The "2-step-tango" or whatever they were calling it. I'm not sure if I will like seeing it for 250 laps on Sunday.

Liked that move by Kyle when he drove up on the outside and passed every car left in the field. I was ROFL.

I was surprised he wasn't flagged for it, but not as surprised as i was no one moved up on him. Screw that toyota, I would have have moved up on him!

Old 02-18-2011, 12:47 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,494,826 times
I hope I don't offend anyone here but I had to laugh when I first saw this tandem racing--I can remember once seeing a swarm of termites swarming for mating purposes and they look almost exactly like those cars looked like at the Bud Shootout--I just can't get that silly vision out of my head..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing