U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:51 AM

3,046 posts, read 5,235,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Perhaps the Toyoda's have some kind of engine advantage (the Japanese are pretty good at reverse engineering to build a better mouse trap (no pun intended). But the alternative is to have Nascar adapt a spec. engine and we all know with GM's influence what that engine would be.
No way will Ford or Dodge run their cars with some other manufacturers engine, so instead of 1/2 the field being GM powered you would have 100% being GM powered. The end of NASCAR as we know it.

My complaint wirth nascar on the engines is valve angles and the valve cant's allowed for toyota is more than the other makes. This gives them an advantage in cylinder head design. Ford's new head is closer, but when they wanted the same as the toyotas, nascar said no. The irony is the fact toyota doesn't have an engine that is ohv and not ohc in production cars yet that is part of the excuses from nascar on limiting the other makes. Which makes you wonder why Mopar can not run their hemi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 07:22 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,869,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
My complaint wirth nascar on the engines is valve angles and the valve cant's allowed for toyota is more than the other makes. This gives them an advantage in cylinder head design. Ford's new head is closer, but when they wanted the same as the toyotas, nascar said no. The irony is the fact toyota doesn't have an engine that is ohv and not ohc in production cars yet that is part of the excuses from nascar on limiting the other makes. Which makes you wonder why Mopar can not run their hemi?
Perhaps somebody at Toyoda made Brian France an offer he couldn't refuse$

Old 03-03-2011, 08:26 AM

749 posts, read 2,100,242 times
I'd be more sold on Kyle's talent if he came right out of the gate winning races, but he didn't. Let's not forget his career was way less than impressive in Cup and Nationwide from 03-07 and the whole time he was driving superior HMS equipment. 108 cup starts with 4 wins in HMS cars.

Heck, even Logano held an edge on Kyle in N-Wide wins until recently and Logano was running N-wide part time moreso than Kyle.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,486,953 times
Kyle may not be my favorite "person" but that kid can drive. I'm not sure how anyone can say otherwise if you are watching the same races I am! He is a natural. Still his attitude and immaturity has turned me off to Kyle but I can still see that he can drive! As usual this is my persoanl opinion and many will not agree and the good thing about coming here and posting our opinions is that we can agree to disagree!
It really doesn't bother Kyle what any of us think anyhow---he just laughs all the way to the bank!

Old 03-03-2011, 03:29 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,869,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Kyle may not be my favorite "person" but that kid can drive. I'm not sure how anyone can say otherwise if you are watching the same races I am! He is a natural. Still his attitude and immaturity has turned me off to Kyle but I can still see that he can drive! As usual this is my persoanl opinion and many will not agree and the good thing about coming here and posting our opinions is that we can agree to disagree!
It really doesn't bother Kyle what any of us think anyhow---he just laughs all the way to the bank!

Agreed

Old 03-04-2011, 05:37 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,408,555 times
Quote:

Whats funny is my parents hated him 2-3 yrs ago, this week my Mom calls up and says I'm real proud of Kyle. He's showing a lot of maturity now and he's starting to grow on me....And man can that kid drive a car.
We fought for years about him....My parents are coming around LOL

Old 03-04-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Whats funny is my parents hated him 2-3 yrs ago, this week my Mom calls up and says I'm real proud of Kyle. He's showing a lot of maturity now and he's starting to grow on me....And man can that kid drive a car.
We fought for years about him....My parents are coming around LOL
You make me smile pokrpir--your parents sound a lot like me. Now my DH has always been a fan of Kyles driving. I'm coming around to accept the idea myself. How could I not?? He can drive. And yes, Kyle has matured and helped others like Sam Ard out of his own pocket. Can't say that for to many of the drivers! I think that was a big truning point in my opinion of him...but he still has some growing up to do--and he will. Hey, everyone has to grow up! When I can watch a driver speeding along at 200 mph plus and see his car get pushed out of control and witness him get it under control again--he is wicked good!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:26 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,408,555 times
Quote:
You make me smile pokrpir--your parents sound a lot like me. Now my DH has always been a fan of Kyles driving. I'm coming around to accept the idea myself. How could I not?? He can drive. And yes, Kyle has matured and helped others like Sam Ard out of his own pocket. Can't say that for to many of the drivers! I think that was a big truning point in my opinion of him...but he still has some growing up to do--and he will. Hey, everyone has to grow up! When I can watch a driver speeding along at 200 mph plus and see his car get pushed out of control and witness him get it under control again--he is wicked good!

There's plenty of room on board! I've only been into racing for 5 yrs now, I was forced to watch the Daytona 500 and during it my folks said to pick a driver to make it interesting. Well, since I'm a HUGE Vegas fan and thats where he's from, then seeing the M&M's car (another fav) I said I'll take him the #18. It was all over for me after that. Then the 1st live race was soon after and I WAS DONE!! Hook, line & sinker!

The pic below is my garage that I hand painted in 2007, then entered the Most Colorfun Fan on Nascar.com in 2008 and WON the Grand Prize! All expense paid trip to Miami, spent the day with KB & Coach Gibbs. He turned out to be a super guy, extremely down to earth. Then we got to drive the M&M's camry with him. Again he was the coolest and funniest person I could ever meet. Coach Gibbs is also a fantastic person. They treated us like royalty for 2 days. It was an experience I WILL NEVER forget and therefore am a KB fan for life.

https://secure-media-snc1.fbcdn.net/v2650/229/62/1249378093/n1249378093_401561_1758342.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 AM

That is sooooo cool. I read your post to DH and he and I are both smiling! My DH has been watching/working race cars all his life--he knows race cars and the drivers. I have been involved with racing for 25 years now (only through my DH). Even son works race cars..it has been a big part of our family life. It's good to hear someone won something like that and how it was such a favorable experience. Not many win so congratulations! Love your garage! A good faithful fan can't be beat!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:49 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
There's plenty of room on board! I've only been into racing for 5 yrs now, I was forced to watch the Daytona 500 and during it my folks said to pick a driver to make it interesting. Well, since I'm a HUGE Vegas fan and thats where he's from, then seeing the M&M's car (another fav) I said I'll take him the #18. It was all over for me after that. Then the 1st live race was soon after and I WAS DONE!! Hook, line & sinker!

The pic below is my garage that I hand painted in 2007, then entered the Most Colorfun Fan on Nascar.com in 2008 and WON the Grand Prize! All expense paid trip to Miami, spent the day with KB & Coach Gibbs. He turned out to be a super guy, extremely down to earth. Then we got to drive the M&M's camry with him. Again he was the coolest and funniest person I could ever meet. Coach Gibbs is also a fantastic person. They treated us like royalty for 2 days. It was an experience I WILL NEVER forget and therefore am a KB fan for life.
That's SWEET!!!!!!! GO SHRUB!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing