U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,573 posts, read 10,309,548 times
Reputation: 9844

Advertisements

Spoiler

Kyle Busch led today's Nationwide race at Phoenix wire-to-wire and was largely unchallenged save for a couple laps when Carl Edwards got alongside him late in the race.


The Nationwide Series point standings are a cluster, too, thanks to NASCAR's stupid rule allowing the Cup drivers to compete without collecting points. (They shouldn't be competing at all.)

Danica Patrick's unimpressive 14th at Daytona and today's 17th (3 laps down) are good enough for FOURTH PLACE in the standings. AYFKM?

I've been watching NASCAR for well over 20 years and I'm just about done. It's a damn joke anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2011, 07:24 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,903,489 times
Reputation: 11886
Maybe Bush is just so much better than his competitors especially in Nationwide and the truck series.

Danica will never be a front runner unless she drops out of Indy car and concentrates solely on Stock cars. You could see this at Daytona where she was too timid to push draft with the others. This is why none of the open wheelers do well in stock cars until the give up driving open wheelers.

You have only been watching for 20 years so you haven't learned much either.

Maybe you would like F1 better, now that's real racing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,017 posts, read 3,164,167 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Spoiler

Kyle Busch led today's Nationwide race at Phoenix wire-to-wire and was largely unchallenged save for a couple laps when Carl Edwards got alongside him late in the race.


The Nationwide Series point standings are a cluster, too, thanks to NASCAR's stupid rule allowing the Cup drivers to compete without collecting points. (They shouldn't be competing at all.)

Danica Patrick's unimpressive 14th at Daytona and today's 17th (3 laps down) are good enough for FOURTH PLACE in the standings. AYFKM?

I've been watching NASCAR for well over 20 years and I'm just about done. It's a damn joke anymore.
I liked it, but I suppose being a Shrub fan is the reason why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2011, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,573 posts, read 10,309,548 times
Reputation: 9844
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Maybe Bush is just so much better than his competitors especially in Nationwide and the truck series.
Or it could be that he's running against teams with 1/2 to 1/3 the budget and resources he has available and drivers with less talent and/or experience.

Beating the crap out of an underfunded minor-league field isn't exactly honorable. It'd be like Cliff Lee celebrating the AAA Championship or LeBron James crowing about kicking ass in the NBA D-League.

It's funny how Kylie can be so successful in the minors and so meh in Sprint Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Maybe you would like F1 better, now that's real racing.
You mean watch a series where 3 or 4 drivers win all the races and a majority of the teams are barely competitive? Don't they call that the Nationwide Series?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Hernando, FL
749 posts, read 2,103,935 times
Reputation: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Or it could be that he's running against teams with 1/2 to 1/3 the budget and resources he has available and drivers with less talent and/or experience.

Beating the crap out of an underfunded minor-league field isn't exactly honorable. It'd be like Cliff Lee celebrating the AAA Championship or LeBron James crowing about kicking ass in the NBA D-League.

It's funny how Kylie can be so successful in the minors and so meh in Sprint Cup.



You mean watch a series where 3 or 4 drivers win all the races and a majority of the teams are barely competitive? Don't they call that the Nationwide Series?
It's so blatanly obvious on restarts, you see it over and over again....by the time he comes out of turn 2 he has a 5 car length advantage on 2nd place. That has nothing to do with driver, it's all car. NASCAR ought to take his cheating a$$ 18 and strip it down to the last bolt and get to the bottom of why he's driving a rocket while everyone else has a Yugo.

It reminds me of the local short track and most of the Late Models come in on open trailers and there's one guy who shows up in a NASCAR style hauler with 2 brand new cars and arrives in a helicopter in the pits and wins every week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2011, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Cane-Bay Plantation
2,223 posts, read 4,412,637 times
Reputation: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
It's funny how Kylie can be so successful in the minors and so meh in Sprint Cup.
So Meh in the SC? hmmmmm. 19 wins in 4yrs, I guess if thats just MEH, what does that say about the other drivers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2011, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,017 posts, read 3,164,167 times
Reputation: 1667
[quote=1coolcustomer;18060601] NASCAR ought to take his cheating a$$ 18 and strip it down to the last bolt and get to the bottom of why he's driving a rocket while everyone else has a Yugo.

That's because he is a rocket!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,573 posts, read 10,309,548 times
Reputation: 9844
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
So Meh in the SC? hmmmmm. 19 wins in 4yrs, I guess if thats just MEH, what does that say about the other drivers?
19 wins in 6 full seasons. Compared to his minor league stats, yes, his cup stats are fairly underwhelming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2011, 11:01 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,903,489 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
19 wins in 6 full seasons. Compared to his minor league stats, yes, his cup stats are fairly underwhelming.
Say anything you want about Kyle but don't dismiss his talent. The competition in Cup is far superior to Bush and truck.
Underwhelming! Compared to who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2011, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,046 posts, read 5,243,792 times
Reputation: 1386
Kyle took out Carl, who did have a faster car on the top speed and thru the corners. No doubt it would have been a 3rd or worst place for kyle if he had not crashed Carl. What gets me is what nascar lets toyota get away with on the engines. They must have seperate rule book for toyotas to help them out. It will be interesting if Honda or VW get in it tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top