U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-18-2011, 02:58 PM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,867,158 times
Reputation: 11886

Advertisements

I sure hope this is his year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2011, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Cane-Bay Plantation
2,223 posts, read 4,408,227 times
Reputation: 468
And Kyle gets another Broom!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
Reputation: 1644
Thanks for playing the Shrub "Sweep"stakes in Bristol!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,867,158 times
Reputation: 11886
As good as Kyle is I don't think he will be as consistent as Carl over the long haul. More wins maybe, more points, I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 AM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,922,814 times
Reputation: 18050
This year the wins mean much morer as far as the championship goes;so everyone wants to win reaces not just place .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2011, 09:56 AM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,867,158 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
This year the wins mean much morer as far as the championship goes;so everyone wants to win reaces not just place .
So we will find out in November. I thinks it's a little early to send the trophy out for engraving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
 
Location: In a house
21,956 posts, read 21,485,518 times
Reputation: 14918
Okay so I'm going to say this and probably won't be liked much for it but is my "personal" opinion as I am constantly reminding everyone here. Come on Carl--"I should have hit him harder??" Did any of you hear this statement at the end of the race? This early in the season and you are talking about that kind of stunt?? I use to really like Carl but not so mauch anymore. I am not fond of him taking out other drivers without any concern for anyones well being. How sad and I'm tired of him whining.
Carl can drive--no argument there--I just think he has a problem he needs to work on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 AM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,867,158 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
How sad and I'm tired of him whining.

I just think he has a problem he needs to work on.
Are you sure you don't mean your tired of him winning?


You must be watching a different race than I watch. Carl knew that taking out Bush with so many laps left would have opened the door for JJ to take the win.
Everybody knows that last lap bumps are part of the game these days especially on the short tracks.
Carl ran Kyle clean at Bristol as he was slightly ahead of him and could have taken both of them to the wall had he decided to take that chance.
Of course he would have rather won but at that point of the race Kyle had the better car.

I would like to remind people that Kozoloski was the first person to start this crap by putting Carl into the fence airborne, It was after that incident that Carl decided to not let him take another win away.

It's going to be fun watching Kyle and Carl battle it out the rest of the year.

I don't think there is the animosity between Carl and Kyle like there is between Carl and Kozoloski.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 06:06 AM
 
6,368 posts, read 13,915,306 times
Reputation: 5884
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Okay so I'm going to say this and probably won't be liked much for it but is my "personal" opinion as I am constantly reminding everyone here. Come on Carl--"I should have hit him harder??" Did any of you hear this statement at the end of the race? This early in the season and you are talking about that kind of stunt?? I use to really like Carl but not so mauch anymore. I am not fond of him taking out other drivers without any concern for anyones well being. How sad and I'm tired of him whining.
Carl can drive--no argument there--I just think he has a problem he needs to work on.
Another example of his "problem". Check out all the cars he destroys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS0c9...layer_embedded

As for the whining, when you drive for the biggest whiner in NASCAR, you learn from the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 07:07 AM
 
Location: In a house
21,956 posts, read 21,485,518 times
Reputation: 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Are you sure you don't mean your tired of him winning?


You must be watching a different race than I watch. Carl knew that taking out Bush with so many laps left would have opened the door for JJ to take the win.
Everybody knows that last lap bumps are part of the game these days especially on the short tracks.
Carl ran Kyle clean at Bristol as he was slightly ahead of him and could have taken both of them to the wall had he decided to take that chance.
Of course he would have rather won but at that point of the race Kyle had the better car.

I would like to remind people that Kozoloski was the first person to start this crap by putting Carl into the fence airborne, It was after that incident that Carl decided to not let him take another win away.
Jack is a whiner too!

It's going to be fun watching Kyle and Carl battle it out the rest of the year.

I don't think there is the animosity between Carl and Kyle like there is between Carl and Kozoloski.
Nope, I ment "whining"! Yes he is winning too. I really liked Carl but lately he's got an attitude and it isn't good to bring to the track. My opinion, and I understand what you are saying but I don't like hearing anyone say I should have hit him harder!! This is just to early in the season for that kind of talk. It's trash talk. Hey even Kyle, who use to be the attitude on the block is not saying anything like that. He has matured quite nicely lately. I'm actually proud of him. But Carl, well it's like he's stepping backward in the maturity part!

I just now watched that video, I did watch this race but seeing this again me it made me sick! I'm not sure how Carl could get out and be proud of that! Yeah Koszoloski got into Carl but come on--Carl's payback was excessive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top