U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:04 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,900,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Im kinda clueless on this move. Why would Kimi want to race Trucks????
Because Truck racing is more popular than F1 in the US

I am pretty sure he doesn't think he can dominate those truck drivers like F1 fans think he can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 01:14 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,263,044 times
One of the things that i have always liked about NASCAR and NHRA is that when the drivers are interviewed by American Television reporters they speak the language. Even if sometimes their grammar isn't as goodly as it should be.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:02 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
One of the things that i have always liked about NASCAR and NHRA is that when the drivers are interviewed by American Television reporters they speak the language. Even if sometimes their grammar isn't as goodly as it should be.
The difference between American and European drivers.

American driver= car was awesome

European driver= car was fantastic

Old 05-21-2011, 01:25 PM

983 posts, read 1,368,381 times
Good debut IMO, from P31 to P15. Had a lot of visits to the wall, but seemed to pick it up reasonably well.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:48 PM

3,017 posts, read 3,161,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Good debut IMO, from P31 to P15. Had a lot of visits to the wall, but seemed to pick it up reasonably well.
Agree

Old 05-21-2011, 10:24 PM

48,516 posts, read 84,056,192 times
Yep.he did very well. Complelely different racing without all the down force he is use to.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:57 PM

5,219 posts, read 5,886,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Because Truck racing is more popular than F1 in the US

I am pretty sure he doesn't think he can dominate those truck drivers like F1 fans think he can.
F1 fans could not care less about NASCAR truck racing. What is next for Kimi? Tractor pulling?

Old 06-04-2011, 09:56 AM

48,516 posts, read 84,056,192 times
I find it strange that some race fans are more interested in drama and celebreity of racing it seems. How they seem to love or hate. a driver based on personality .Racing unlike say baseball;soccer and football seems to have many that love to see a champion fall from grace.They seem not to really honor drivers often that are past champions like other sports. I think Kimi is just one of a long line of great drivers and champions that move on for the love of racing.I thnik few fans really understand the totality of racing and having a long career in it.Many are like Rock groupies in that way; more into the celebrity than the music itself.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:01 AM
PDD

Raikkonen headed back to F1? Red Bull is planning to pair Sebastian Vettel with his friend Kimi Raikkonen in 2012. That is the sensational claim of the high-circulation German newspaper Bild-Zeitung, less than two days after Mark Webber ignored team orders at the end of the British Grand Prix. Finn Raikkonen, 31, left Formula One at the end of 2009, and Red Bull team boss Christian Horner was quoted on Monday as saying, "I believe he has put F1 behind him." Bild said the plan to replace Australian Webber with 2007 World Champion Raikkonen is "top secret" but divulged the information of a source "at the highest level." German Vettel remains friends with Raikkonen, the pair often meeting in Switzerland to play badminton. Asked recently who his ideal teammate is, the reigning World Champion replied: "Kimi." The former Ferrari and McLaren race winner had talks with Red Bull last year and has now "apparently changed his mind" about wanting to stay in rallying and NASCAR.(SPEED)(7-13-2011)

Old 07-13-2011, 03:50 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,443,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
I give Montoya credit. I hope to see a NASCAR driver try an F1 in the future *provided he can be fitted into the car*

On the difficultty I agree, F1 is definitely tougher on the body, g forces are higher, temperatures are around 90 as well, and there isn't a safety car slowdown every 5 laps or so. The neck especially suffers a lot.

As for skill, it's completely different. The slipstreaming and side to side racing in NASCAR must be tough to adapt. Tire management in banked ovals surely takes a lot of skill. Montoya's career show it's hard enough for any top class driver to adapt.

Not better, different. It will be interesting to see how Kimi does. The guy is as fast as it gets.
Wasn't there a special on a few years ago with Jeff Gordon and an F1 driver?

They got to take a few laps in each others cars....

Jeff G in the F1 car had faster lap times than the F1 driver on the course they were on...

The F1 driver had slower lap times in Jeff's car.....

Montoya will never be a great driver in NASCAR.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing