U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:25 AM

53 posts, read 46,019 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure "Have at it boys," doesn't include spinning cars on pit road. Expect both of them to get penalized and put on probation.[/quote]

no i doesnt and no i dont think harvick was in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I thought it was clever...got behind Harvick and waited until he got out of his car...then *bump*
busch should be beat brutally. i race and when someone does something as stupid as that and tears my car up i get pretty pi**ed off. harvick should have got more justice. and the only reason y busch rearended him was harvick was gonna beat the he** outta him and he knew it so he took the pu**y way out and pushed harvicks car outta the way to save his a$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,496,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Here is my take on Earnhardt Sr. IMO he was the first driver in his era to run all out all day and if the car stayed together he won. Before that it was run hard for 50 laps, cruise for the middle laps and then run hard to the end. Earnhardt forced the competition to run hard to keep up with him and for that I admired Earnhardt. What I did not like was Earnhardt bumping people out of the way "Saturday night short track style" It was great for Earnhardt fans and NASCAR let him get away with it because it put fans in the seats.

I see in Kyle Bush the same type of driver, run up front all day and force the other guys to try and keep up. If somebody gets in your way bump them out of the way.
I don't see how that is any different than Earnhardt other than Earnhardt did it first and for a longer period of time.

Kyle Bush drives just like Jr. fans wished he drove.

Another thing just as many fans dislike Bush as fans disliked Earnhardt Sr.

That is why I say they are similar.
Very well put. I agree 100%.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:23 PM

239 posts, read 305,118 times
Quote:
Here is my take on Earnhardt Sr. IMO he was the first driver in his era to run all out all day and if the car stayed together he won. Before that it was run hard for 50 laps, cruise for the middle laps and then run hard to the end. Earnhardt forced the competition to run hard to keep up with him and for that I admired Earnhardt. What I did not like was Earnhardt bumping people out of the way "Saturday night short track style" It was great for Earnhardt fans and NASCAR let him get away with it because it put fans in the seats.

I see in Kyle Bush the same type of driver, run up front all day and force the other guys to try and keep up. If somebody gets in your way bump them out of the way.
I don't see how that is any different than Earnhardt other than Earnhardt did it first and for a longer period of time.

Kyle Bush drives just like Jr. fans wished he drove.

Another thing just as many fans dislike Bush as fans disliked Earnhardt Sr.

That is why I say they are similar.
Btw since we are making comparesions in the first 7 years of Earnhardt's Career he had 2 championships Busch has been racing for the same about of time in cup and has zero championships.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:27 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,883,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelStateNative View Post
Btw since we are making comparesions in the first 7 years of Earnhardt's Career he had 2 championships Busch has been racing for the same about of time in cup and has zero championships.
Give it a rest. He didn't win 4 in a row so I guess he was not as good as JJ

Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,159,182 times
Go Shrub!!!!!!!! Harvick is a mild talented jealous instigator!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:52 AM

One thing no one is mentioning is back in the day the competition was nothing like today. There were probably only 10 cars that could actually win. Today the competition is much greater with many of the drivers being capable of winning! I am not disagreeing or agreeing with anyone just making an observation....

Old 05-17-2011, 09:41 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,883,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
One thing no one is mentioning is back in the day the competition was nothing like today. There were probably only 10 cars that could actually win. Today the competition is much greater with many of the drivers being capable of winning! I am not disagreeing or agreeing with anyone just making an observation....
Very true which makes JJ's accomplishments so amazing and I'm not even a JJ fan.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:59 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,159,182 times
Quote:
Very true which makes JJ's accomplishments so amazing and I'm not even a JJ fan.
Must second that! Knaus and JJ are so very good.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:34 PM

That team is a complete package and one tuff team to beat!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 PM

239 posts, read 305,118 times
Quote:
Give it a rest. He didn't win 4 in a row so I guess he was not as good as JJ
Right on both counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing