U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2011, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,194 posts, read 11,259,426 times
Reputation: 30795

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yawn because your guy didn't win which is a typical loser remark.

I was a pleasure not to see that fat ass Hendrick in Victory lane.
Are you kidding me? I don't care who wound up winning that debacle. THE NIGHT STUNK!

There was no racing... no action... nothing at all to live up to the hype of the All-Star spectacle.

Oh yeah, I loved Carl's victory lap and burn-out!!! No wait, he didn't do one? He did what??? He hit a what??? DOH!!! I guess that explains the long face!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2011, 12:05 PM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,926,921 times
Reputation: 11887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Are you kidding me? I don't care who wound up winning that debacle. THE NIGHT STUNK!

There was no racing... no action... nothing at all to live up to the hype of the All-Star spectacle.

Oh yeah, I loved Carl's victory lap and burn-out!!! No wait, he didn't do one? He did what??? He hit a what??? DOH!!! I guess that explains the long face!
Carl doesn't do burn outs that stuff is for the kiddie fans.

Just where did your guy finish? Was he the first or second loser?

No crash fest?......... what a shame. You want crashes go to the demo derby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2011, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,194 posts, read 11,259,426 times
Reputation: 30795
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Carl doesn't do burn outs that stuff is for the kiddie fans.

Just where did your guy finish? Was he the first or second loser?

No crash fest?......... what a shame. You want crashes go to the demo derby.
You need to get over yourself, dude! But don't worry, maybe they'll build a shrine to "Cousin Carl" when (or if ) he ever wins a Cup.

And thanks for asking... My guys had a Top 5, a Top 10, and a Top 15. Not great, but that's the way it goes.

BTW, since when does ACTION on a race track have to be wrecks?

Let me run it by you again since you missed the point. The hype of the evening is to see close quarters racing with guys going on the edge, even nudging and rubbing, to snag that dangling carrot.

The media may have been selling the idea of paybacks and other crap, but I don't watch racing for wrecks. I like to see these guys jockey for position and results.

Last night was an absolute snooze. There was no racing action for the fans. It was a runaway of a few extremely quick cars.

Legal? Absolutely! Edge of your seat excitement? H*ll no!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 08:27 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,926,921 times
Reputation: 11887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
You need to get over yourself, dude! But don't worry, maybe they'll build a shrine to "Cousin Carl" when (or if ) he ever wins a Cup.

And thanks for asking... My guys had a Top 5, a Top 10, and a Top 15. Not great, but that's the way it goes.

BTW, since when does ACTION on a race track have to be wrecks?

Let me run it by you again since you missed the point. The hype of the evening is to see close quarters racing with guys going on the edge, even nudging and rubbing, to snag that dangling carrot.

The media may have been selling the idea of paybacks and other crap, but I don't watch racing for wrecks. I like to see these guys jockey for position and results.

Last night was an absolute snooze. There was no racing action for the fans. It was a runaway of a few extremely quick cars.

Legal? Absolutely! Edge of your seat excitement? H*ll no!!!
By the tone of your idiotic post I can tell you are a fan of restrictor plates.(MW won two Daytona 500's, that should tell you something)

Why should I want a shrine to Carl I like most of the drivers including Kyle, JJ, Gordon, Jr. Biffell just to name a few.

I know whoever your guy is just finished behind Carl so you should get over that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,194 posts, read 11,259,426 times
Reputation: 30795
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yawn because your guy didn't win which is a typical loser remark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
By the tone of your idiotic post
Last post for me as I cannot waste my time with someone who can't even offer an intelligent rebuttal without sinking to childish attacks.

I'm glad that I'm not alone in how I feel about the race:
Weekend Review: All-Star Race didn't match hype - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=nascar_com-weekend-review-all-star-20110523 - broken link)

So with that being said... Peace. Thread over for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Upstate
5,806 posts, read 6,604,689 times
Reputation: 4187
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yawn because your guy didn't win which is a typical loser remark.

I was a pleasure not to see that fat ass Hendrick in Victory lane.

The only reason it was not a crash fest is because nobody could catch up with Carl.
Can't figure out why you stare at old men's butts, but if it does something for you, then go for it.

Jack hasn't been in Victory Lane as much as Hendrick, probably never will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 04:11 PM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,926,921 times
Reputation: 11887
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Jack hasn't been in Victory Lane as much as Hendrick, probably never will be.
Jack has not been banned by NASCAR either so Hendrick is one up on him there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 AM
 
6,368 posts, read 13,962,820 times
Reputation: 5885
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Can't figure out why you stare at old men's butts, but if it does something for you, then go for it.

Jack hasn't been in Victory Lane as much as Hendrick, probably never will be.
^^Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the Post of the Month Award.^^

HA HA HA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top