U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-21-2011, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,194 posts, read 11,259,426 times
Reputation: 30795

Advertisements

All the hype turned out to be nothing but talk. Last 10 laps were supposed to be the most exciting racing of the season. It turned out to be a single file snoozer. What a letdown. Darn!!!

The best action of the night happened by accident when Edwards tore up his winning car in the infield. Oops! Wonder how much of that $1M+ the Rat in the Hat will bill Edwards for damaging the car after the race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-21-2011, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,032 posts, read 3,169,157 times
Reputation: 1679
Was kinda like an IROC race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2011, 06:53 AM
 
Location: In a house
21,956 posts, read 21,526,432 times
Reputation: 14918
How about DW and his announcing skills during the race? I had to leave the room because of his screaming. And at what? They are 3 wide, his car wiggled--etc. Give it a rest DW and let us enjoy the race even if it's not exciting and you are trying to make it exciting I could do without all the noise! We can see what is going on---besides by the end of the race I was trying to sleep and you kept me awake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,926,921 times
Reputation: 11887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
All the hype turned out to be nothing but talk. Last 10 laps were supposed to be the most exciting racing of the season. It turned out to be a single file snoozer. What a letdown. Darn!!!

The best action of the night happened by accident when Edwards tore up his winning car in the infield. Oops! Wonder how much of that $1M+ the Rat in the Hat will bill Edwards for damaging the car after the race?
Yawn because your guy didn't win which is a typical loser remark.

I was a pleasure not to see that fat ass Hendrick in Victory lane.

The only reason it was not a crash fest is because nobody could catch up with Carl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2011, 07:54 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,926,921 times
Reputation: 11887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Was kinda like an IROC race.

I guess Kyle's superior driving skills took the night off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2011, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Twin Lakes /Taconic / Salisbury
2,256 posts, read 3,550,754 times
Reputation: 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I guess Kyle's superior driving skills took the night off.
Yeah.. a win the night before and a P2. He sucks, he should pack it in.. lol.... wtf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2011, 09:57 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,926,921 times
Reputation: 11887
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Yeah.. a win the night before and a P2. He sucks, he should pack it in.. lol.... wtf
Nobody including myself ever said Kyle sucks at driving.
Some days he just gets out driven.

Nothing wrong with second place but usually the guy running second to Kyle is called the first loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2011, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,032 posts, read 3,169,157 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I guess Kyle's superior driving skills took the night off.
Not at all........he got beat by a faster car. Sometimes the best car does win a race, and it happened last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2011, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,194 posts, read 11,259,426 times
Reputation: 30795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Not at all........he got beat by a faster car. Sometimes the best car does win a race, and it happened last night.
And Shrub was reeling in the 99 at the end!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2011, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,194 posts, read 11,259,426 times
Reputation: 30795
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
How about DW and his announcing skills during the race? I had to leave the room because of his screaming. And at what? They are 3 wide, his car wiggled--etc. Give it a rest DW and let us enjoy the race even if it's not exciting and you are trying to make it exciting I could do without all the noise! We can see what is going on---besides by the end of the race I was trying to sleep and you kept me awake!
Who's brilliant idea was it to have 2 Waltrip's in the booth last night? It was like a 2 hour Toyota commercial.

At the least, they should of at least let Mike Joy have a bottle in the booth with him!!! He probably needed it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top