U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,966,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
unreal, if anyone other then Jr was leading the race on the 1st green white checker, nascar would have thrown a caution. They were wrecking like crazy behind the leaders, the announcers kept saying no caution yet, it's still green, and there's the white flag so no matter what happens, there will be no more restarts.

carma says Jr will run out of fuel here.
Hate to say it but your right the yellow would have come out quickly has it had other times. NASCAR wanted a favorite to win;IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 09:17 PM

239 posts, read 305,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
If the race was only 599.75 miles
Yeah but some drivers can't make it that far.

Busch in double trouble - May 30, 2011 - NASCAR.COM Video

Old 05-31-2011, 06:42 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,492,849 times
It looked like something broke on Kyles car-----I'm not making excuses because I'd say the same thing for anyone that had those kind of problems--especially a driver who can usually avoid those kinds of problems if it isn't the car.
Hey, personally I don't care who is leading the race but it was the first thought that came to my mind too. They should have called a yellow--any other time it would have been called-- but we all know all the JR fans wanted to see the guy win and he was doing great and I was excited for him too--it's my opinion and no one has to agree. I just know what "I" watched.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 AM

5,802 posts, read 6,582,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
unreal, if anyone other then Jr was leading the race on the 1st green white checker, nascar would have thrown a caution. They were wrecking like crazy behind the leaders, the announcers kept saying no caution yet, it's still green, and there's the white flag so no matter what happens, there will be no more restarts.

carma says Jr will run out of fuel here.
What's unreal are some "fans" believing there is yet another Dale Jr conspiracy. If NASCAR wanted Dale to win, they should have thrown the caution after Dale passed the white flag. Then he would for sure have won the race. NASCAR knew that Jr was low on fuel, plus there was junk on the track, so it would have been a legitimate caution....but they didn't and Dale ran out of gas. Plus the cars had cleared the track as far as what the TV camera's had showed, at least that's what I saw.

Of course those same "fans" would have been whining about NASCAR throwing that flag too and "letting" Jr win.

Needless to say, NASCAR is losing it's fans. Yes there are many reasons for it and a lot of it due to NASCAR's own making. But had Jr won the race, it would have been a good shot in the arm for NASCAR, and it would have trickled down to all of the teams.

I realize there are a lot of fans that don't like Jr and don't understand why Jr has so many fans that root for him. But Jr is good for NASCAR, just like Kyle Busch is good for NASCAR.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,492,849 times
USNRET--good post--pointed out some good things!

Old 06-01-2011, 02:31 PM

7,529 posts, read 6,150,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
What's unreal are some "fans" believing there is yet another Dale Jr conspiracy. If NASCAR wanted Dale to win, they should have thrown the caution after Dale passed the white flag. Then he would for sure have won the race. NASCAR knew that Jr was low on fuel, plus there was junk on the track, so it would have been a legitimate caution....but they didn't and Dale ran out of gas. Plus the cars had cleared the track as far as what the TV camera's had showed, at least that's what I saw.

Of course those same "fans" would have been whining about NASCAR throwing that flag too and "letting" Jr win.

Needless to say, NASCAR is losing it's fans. Yes there are many reasons for it and a lot of it due to NASCAR's own making. But had Jr won the race, it would have been a good shot in the arm for NASCAR, and it would have trickled down to all of the teams.

I realize there are a lot of fans that don't like Jr and don't understand why Jr has so many fans that root for him. But Jr is good for NASCAR, just like Kyle Busch is good for NASCAR.
good post, I might have come off like a hater in my previous post. But I'm really not, I like jr, I'd like him more if he was in a ford.

I understand Nascar's got problems. and I get a jr win would be good for the sport, but the leaders were running about 25 seconds per lap, from the time the wreck occurred the leaders were about 10-15 seconds from going through that spot of track. pretty risky.

on top of that they always throw a caution in situations like this. so they set themselves up to be second guessed, and the critics whould have been much louder if jr won.

Jr's been running better of late. and a win might be close anyway

Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

You made some good points especially about throwing the yellow after Jr. took the white flag.

I may be a fan or other drivers but I certainly don't dislike Jr. that's for the 16 year old fans to hate other drivers.

I do think it is interesting that Harvick has three wins but only led a total of 9 laps. Now that's being lucky.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:22 PM

7,186 posts, read 11,234,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I do think it is interesting that Harvick has three wins but only led a total of 9 laps. Now that's being lucky.
This was absolutely amazing to me when I heard it the other night on TV. Talk about a horseshoe in the right place! KH is due to have a great season. I hope he can keep it going.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:27 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,614,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Dangit! I thought for sure Jr was gonna win tonight. What a race!
Yeah NASCAR tried to get their "guy" a win.. If anybody else was leading it would have been a caution probably.

Just my opinion.

He will get a win before the year is out...and I bet there will be some controversy with it.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:56 AM

5,802 posts, read 6,582,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Yeah NASCAR tried to get their "guy" a win.. If anybody else was leading it would have been a caution probably.

Just my opinion.

He will get a win before the year is out...and I bet there will be some controversy with it.
The track self-cleared after the wreck, by all reports there was no oil or debris on the track, no car in danger, so why throw a yellow? NASCAR made the best decision, but I would have liked to see Jr win.

As for Harvick, I do believe that luck plays a big role in winning in NASCAR. Looks like that Golden Horseshoe that JJ had up his rear for the past four years may have found a new home with Harvick. Just hope he cleaned it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing