U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:03 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,891,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The track self-cleared after the wreck, by all reports there was no oil or debris on the track, no car in danger, so why throw a yelow
Because NASCAR always throws a yellow when cars are spinning and sideways on the track. They have no idea if the track is going to clear itself.

If JR or anybody else can't win a race by their own strategy they don't deserve a win.
Jr will get his win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 07:01 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,616,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The track self-cleared after the wreck, by all reports there was no oil or debris on the track, no car in danger, so why throw a yellow? NASCAR made the best decision, but I would have liked to see Jr win.

As for Harvick, I do believe that luck plays a big role in winning in NASCAR. Looks like that Golden Horseshoe that JJ had up his rear for the past four years may have found a new home with Harvick. Just hope he cleaned it first.
Nascar throws the caution for some pretty minor crap.
There were cars spinning and I'm pretty sure, just based on the contact there had to be debris on the track somewhere.

I said it before and I'll say it again, it's all about the last name not talent...
I don't know if its "Pity, The Memories" or what. I just do not see the hype.

It would make sense for NASCAR to want a Earnhardt in victory lane again.
Imagine SportsCenter, the Lead will be "A Earnhardt Returns to Victory Lane."
Then there will be a week long special of his life story.
Maybe it will be the shot in the arm NASCAR needs at this point.

All in my Opinion...

Old 06-06-2011, 01:44 PM

5,803 posts, read 6,588,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Because NASCAR always throws a yellow when cars are spinning and sideways on the track. They have no idea if the track is going to clear itself.

If JR or anybody else can't win a race by their own strategy they don't deserve a win.
Jr will get his win.
NASCAR made the right decision, since it was the last laps of the race, a large track, which had plenty of time to clear itself, which it did.

Non-issue. Story over.

Junior almost had a victory at Kansas. Brad K in the 2 car did all the right things to secure his victory though.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:10 AM

15,595 posts, read 35,302,065 times
Default Michigan Maybe?

Here's hoping Jr can finally pull one off! Come on Jr!

SOB! YOu can't win bouncing off the walls!

Last edited by Rance; 06-19-2011 at 01:47 PM..

Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 PM

556 posts, read 1,393,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Here's hoping Jr can finally pull one off! Come on Jr!

SOB! YOu can't win bouncing off the walls!
To be fair, that wasn't his fault. Mark Martin's spotter definitely was sleeping on the job, which caused his later blown tire. I don't know why his car was so far off in the 2nd half. He was running top 6 in the first half of the race.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:56 AM

807 posts, read 2,235,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wGoshen View Post
To be fair, that wasn't his fault. Mark Martin's spotter definitely was sleeping on the job, which caused his later blown tire. I don't know why his car was so far off in the 2nd half. He was running top 6 in the first half of the race.
I can almost assure you that Mark Martin didn't do that on purpose. It looked like he really let out of it at the last second to try and keep from hitting Dale. Stuff Happens.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:32 PM

7,187 posts, read 11,241,344 times
I agree. MM wouldn't run folks into the wall; let alone a teammate.

Just a crappy turn of events.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:21 PM

Fingers crossed. C'mon Junior! Or Mark Martin with Jr in second!

Old 07-03-2011, 04:58 AM

Well that sucked.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:35 AM

7,187 posts, read 11,241,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Well that sucked.
Can't argue with that!

I want to temper my comments so as not to sound like a sore loser, but as a fan, I am really getting weary of these GWC wreck fests. There is way too much equipment getting torn up and the points being lost are based on bad luck versus skill. But, as some folks say, that's plate racing!

In fact it turned out that caution for Gordon wasn't really even necessary IMHO as he gathered it back up and continued on his way with no impact on the other cars. But, I can't blame them for throwing the yellow, as it sure looked like it was going to be an ugly one when he was getting sideways!

Congrat's to David Ragan and team. They really did a good job and they sure could use a win for driver and sponsorship reasons.

Good job too for all of the guys that had early incidents and came back to finish well.

OK, it's off to Kentucky next. Let's see what happens there. Every team has a blank notebook for this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing