U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:38 PM

7,187 posts, read 11,238,374 times

Advertisements

Can't wait to hear the rest of the details, but this one has a really good storyline!

Childress vs. Busch had an altercation at Chicago after the truck race.

Report: Richard Childress and Kyle Busch in altercation - From the Marbles - NASCAR*Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 08:49 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,794,921 times
God I hope it's true. Busch looks like the type of pu--y that would get beat up by a senior citizen. Hell, most of NASCAR is like that now.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:00 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,931,334 times
According to this, from NASCAR's point of view KB did nothing that hasn't been done for years.

Childress was the one who was out of line.

Fight In NASCAR Truck Series - ESPN Video - ESPN

Joey Coulter had no problem with the incident;

“I learned a ton (riding) behind (Busch) and I know why those guys keep saying what they do. That was really awesome racing him,” Coulter said after the race.

“I hate we got together on the last lap. I had never gotten tight next to somebody, so I was underneath him expecting to get loose, and I get tight and we kind of got together.”

http://www.thatsracin.com/2011/06/04...#ixzz1OPIEmvhK

Last edited by Gimme3steps; 06-05-2011 at 07:16 AM..

Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,628,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
God I hope it's true. Busch looks like the type of pu--y that would get beat up by a senior citizen. Hell, most of NASCAR is like that now.
I can't stand Kyle and he had it coming but this is one time he showed some good judgement.....(don't know about Kansas law, but in some states it's a serious felony to strike a senior citizen).

Old 06-05-2011, 11:09 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,498,000 times
Not going here on this one--DH and I have agreed to disagree here so I'm leaving it at that! I am not a violent person--DH is laughing..so that is my story and I'm sticking to it!

Old 06-05-2011, 11:31 AM

7,187 posts, read 11,238,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Not going here on this one--DH and I have agreed to disagree here so I'm leaving it at that! I am not a violent person--DH is laughing..so that is my story and I'm sticking to it!
DW and I are in lockstep on this one, so it's been a fun story here. It's good that you and DH can agree to disagree. That's key to a good relationship!

As to the deal itself, altercations have been happening for years in Nascar from the local tracks right up to the big boys; long before the 'modern' fans have come into the sport and started calling for suspensions, bans and police involvement.

Also remember, this wasn't about another owner messing with a driver. These two guys were BOTH owners in the race that preceded the altercation. I'm not happy that it came to a physical altercation, but sometimes this is the course of action emplyed to correct an issue.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:36 AM

861 posts, read 1,455,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I can't stand Kyle and he had it coming but this is one time he showed some good judgement.....(don't know about Kansas law, but in some states it's a serious felony to strike a senior citizen).
Those laws only apply when the senior citizen is the victim.

That being said...GOOD FOR CHILDRESS! Somebody needs to get weed under control!

Old 06-05-2011, 12:38 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,498,000 times
Okay...so I wasn't gonna say anymore here but DH did make me laugh---he just said Chilrdess should be called "the weed wacker"! A new name??

Old 06-06-2011, 06:07 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,931,334 times
A couple of different viewpoints;

Childress should be ashamed of himself | Motorsports | Sports | Toronto Sun

"If Busch fights back he is seen as picking on a senior citizen and if he doesn’t — as he did not at Kansas — he is seen as a somewhat wimpish.
Well it says here that he is neither. Busch did the right thing by not fighting back against an elderly man more than twice his age."

"A $1-million fine in this case might not even be enough. Maybe take 43 points — the equivalent of a race win — from each of his NASCAR teams would be a suitable punishment."

another
Arrest Childress for assault on Busch - Heavy Pedal - ReviewJournal.com

Old 06-06-2011, 06:10 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,159,726 times
Even when Shrub doesn't want to be in the spotlight, he still finds his way into it. This time it was RC who initiated the stealing of the weekend NASCAR spotlight. What Kyle did on the track was no "deal" at all, but RC and his teams have a chubby for the Shrubber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or