U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:15 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,502,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
You can honestly say that the race last night was exciting? Come on...

The truck race on Thursday...much more exciting.
More crashes that's for sure!--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 AM

3,790 posts, read 7,796,583 times
Doesn't matter I guess. I probably...okay, I won't be watching another race until 2012's Indy 500. BTW, you saw the last "full house" crowd at KY Speedway. 20K missed race. And those who made it past the jam, they were treated to a snooze-fest and to top it off, they got to sit in traffic AGAIN for another 4-6 hours after the race. The best part? They paid money to see it, or miss it as the case may be. Want to know the real reason why I had a chance to go and didn't? Because I went to a Busch race there in 2005. Around 50K were on hand for that race. It took me 3-4 hours afterwards to get to the interstate. I knew it was going to be a disaster with over 100K there. KY will be lucky if they have 75K next year.

The question I want to know most is, I wonder how many people ran out of gas?

Oh and here's a good quote for you: For as pristine and fan friendly (save the traffic issues) as his eight tracks are, they don’t produce the most entertaining races. Saturday night’s was no different. http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...traffic-070911

Old 07-10-2011, 01:37 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,178,483 times
Quote:
Seeing as I live in Kentucky, I decided to actually make a point of sitting down and watching a NASCAR race from start to finish. Well, we are halfway through and I am about to fall asleep! As I type, NASCAR just waived the caution for a phantom "debris on the backstretch." They had to do something. The race is a farce so far. I am going to ask my wife and son to run around in a circle and play follow the leader. Same thing.

$100 to the person that can give me a link to the video of the actual debris they picked up on this past caution. Must have been a gum wrapper.
For all the hype by Waltrip and CO this race was a joke............ BORING!!!

Old 07-10-2011, 03:19 PM

48,516 posts, read 84,021,758 times
But lolok at the other racing series. F1 is trying to figure out a way of making it actual racing by puttng them on different tires and such so has to even have much of a chance of passing,Indycar showed today that its can;t marshall an on road rce letting the drivers do anyhting they wish to end with a crash fest.Really only moto gp is really a race thru out,Too many have become nothing car technology that limit racing and then rules to try to change that.That is wehy I really have gone more to NASCAR where they at least can race with the aero packages allowed.Still too much closing the cars by rules tho.F1 is perhaps the stupidest witht eh two tire rules to put two cars rcing with one on inferior tires to promote some passing for entertainment purposes. That is a real joke as far as competitive racing.ualifying is the only part worth watchign really but at least it better then the parades they use to call racing.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:38 PM

23,653 posts, read 33,477,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Just another 1.5 mile cure for insomnia.

There's a Jay Hart story on Yahoo about how 20K fans couldn't get to the race an hour after the green flag dropped due to the interstate being jammed up from race traffic.
Anyone who lives in or in between Louisville or Cincinnati could have seen this disaster coming a mile away. I-71 and the surrounding just can't handle that kind of traffic. It ain't even three lanes in Louisville.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:46 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,891,494 times
Come on folks, Nascar has answered those who don't like "snoozefests", they call it restrictor plate racing.
But it is actually geared more to the baseball hat backwards and "pants on the ground" type of fan.

I suggest if you don't like NASCAR racing then don't watch. No point in crying about it.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Anyone who lives in or in between Louisville or Cincinnati could have seen this disaster coming a mile away. I-71 and the surrounding just can't handle that kind of traffic. It ain't even three lanes in Louisville.
Please tell me you are kidding about L'ville not having three lanes.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I suggest if you don't like NASCAR racing then don't watch. No point in crying about it.
Guess what? You're right! Anyone have attendance #'s for this year?

Old 07-11-2011, 06:09 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,160,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Way to GO KYLE!!!!!!!! I do agree with the phantom caution around lap 140. The 18 car had opened up about a 9second lead and was lapping the field. I KNEW the imiganiary YELLOW was about to fly
GO SHRUB!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:59 AM

5,803 posts, read 6,588,431 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter I guess. I probably...okay, I won't be watching another race until 2012's Indy 500.
Soooo, does that mean we won't have to hear anymore whining about racing until then? ** crosses fingers **
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing