U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 04:46 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,942,461 times

Advertisements

At least one made the top 10

1 Kyle Busch 18 Toyota

2 Jimmie Johnson 48 Chevrolet

3 Brad Keselowski 2 Dodge

4 Mark Martin 5 Chevrolet

5 Ryan Newman 39 Chevrolet

6 Jeff Gordon 24 Chevrolet

7 Kasey Kahne 4 Toyota

8 Clint Bowyer 33 Chevrolet

9 Tony Stewart 14 Chevrolet

10 Matt Kenseth 17 Ford
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 07:27 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,900,576 times
Seems like the Fords can run up front when they start there but don't have the power to pass if they are running behind other cars.
Carl made the excuse that the cars have so much down force that you can't pass. Obviously nobody told Bush, Johnson, Gordon, Martin and all the other drivers that passed the Fords that passing was not possible.
Maybe Carl and the Roush teams were the only ones who got the memo?

If the Restrictor plate tracks are the only place the Fords can win then it is time for the FR10 engine.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 AM

3,017 posts, read 3,161,992 times
Great run by the 18 team @ MIS!!!!

Old 08-22-2011, 07:51 AM

6,573 posts, read 10,306,611 times
No...you misunderstood...Michigan is a boring track. Boring sounds a little like Ford, so I understand the confusion.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
No...you misunderstood...Michigan is a boring track. Boring sounds a little like Ford, so I understand the confusion.
I am sure those guys driving the other brands got bored looking at Marcos Ambros tail lights the last two road courses.

Every fan complains about the races being boring when their guy doesn't win.

NASCAR racing has nothing to do about which brand is better it has everything to do about which teams are better.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:15 AM

6,573 posts, read 10,306,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I am sure those guys driving the other brands got bored looking at Marcos Ambros tail lights the last two road courses.

NASCAR racing has nothing to do about which brand is better it has everything to do about which teams are better.
I'm not new to NASCAR. I'm by no means a grizzled 40 year vet, but I've been watching for almost 25 years and MIS is a terrible track for stock cars.

For every 1991 Champion Spark Plug 400 there are 5 races that are either runaways or are decided by fuel mileage. The track is touted for 3, 4, and 5-wide racing but that usually occurs for about the first 5 laps after a restart. Then the cars get strung out single file and it's parade racing.

MIS, like Fontana, Milwaukee and Loudon, is a much better open-wheel track than a stock car track.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,942,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

I like road courses.

In my opinion, the Watkins Glen cup race was one of the better shows this season but the Nationwide race in Canada, not so good. Don't care for that track.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:48 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
I like road courses.

In my opinion, the Watkins Glen cup race was one of the better shows this season but the Nationwide race in Canada, not so good. Don't care for that track.
Yes I agree WGI was much better. But I am biased because I have driven thousands of laps at WGI and it is my favorite Road course.

In Montreal the way Ambrose came back twice from the back of the pack was certainly entertaining. I think a lot of people would agree that at this time he is NASCAR'S beat road racer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing