U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:01 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,316,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Vickers does it again. picks on Mr Milquetoast Kenseth. Of course Kenseth won't go after him. Better not try that with Carl.
Waiting two weeks to wreck someone is beyond childish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 08:04 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,360,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Agreed:
" Certainly the KB incident with Ron Hornaday is a great example of going way too far."...but so were a lot of other incidents involving other drivers who didn't receive near the punishment KB got.

NASCAR's the only sports governing body that makes up rules as they go along since there's no clear definition of what's right and what's wrong in a lot of situations.
I don't disagree that the punishments for other infractions may not have been appropriately severe. But with regards to KB wrecking RH, consider KB's history, the extremely dangerous high speed manner in which RH was shoved into the wall, how blatant it was, and the fact that RH was taken out of competition for the championship. That move potentially cost RH and his team millions of $$$$. What is that worth?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:31 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,927,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Waiting two weeks to wreck someone is beyond childish.
Two weeks are nothing. Feuds have lasted for years.

BV on the Phoenix incident;
"He wrecked me at Martinsville, he got wrecked here, but it actually wasn't (payback). I'm not saying I wasn't going to pay him back, but I'm just saying that wasn't it." (ESPN)

Sounds like it ain't over yet.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:59 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,774 posts, read 14,880,641 times
Let me see if I'm understanding NASCAR correctly.
If you intentionally wreck a Chevy running for a championship you sit for a weekend.
If you intentionally wreck a Ford running for the Championship there is no penalty and you get a do over two weeks later just to make sure the Ford loses a few more spots in the running.

What could be more fair than that?

Old 11-14-2011, 11:43 AM

7,186 posts, read 11,235,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Let me see if I'm understanding NASCAR correctly.
If you intentionally wreck a Chevy running for a championship you sit for a weekend.
If you intentionally wreck a Ford running for the Championship there is no penalty and you get a do over two weeks later just to make sure the Ford loses a few more spots in the running.

What could be more fair than that?
Pssst... Your bias is showing!

There's nothing similar in the Hornaday deal and the Kenseth stuff. In fact, the way I saw it yesterday, Kenseth actually slowed (maybe due to his brakes issue) right before Vickers got into him. I'd call that a racing deal. However, after that initial contact, Vickers plowing the 17 to wreck was not a racing deal at all.

Even still, it was green flag racing and the 17 bumped the wall. That's a far cry from Busch plowing Hornaday head on into the wall under caution.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:02 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,316,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Two weeks are nothing. Feuds have lasted for years.

BV on the Phoenix incident;
"He wrecked me at Martinsville, he got wrecked here, but it actually wasn't (payback). I'm not saying I wasn't going to pay him back, but I'm just saying that wasn't it." (ESPN)

Sounds like it ain't over yet.
I guess also-rans can have feuds too. Goes the old addage "no such thing as bad publicity." To bad he's too stupid not to tear up his car in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing