U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2011, 10:06 AM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Reputation: 11886

Advertisements

Not only did he hit almost every car in the field last week at Martinsville. He purposely took out one of the top contenders for the championship.

I have never witnessed such amateurish driving in all the years I have been watching NASCAR.

Yes other drivers were involved in crashes but Vickers seemed like he was keeping score and was not satisfied until he took out a contender.

Good luck with him finding a quality ride next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,185 posts, read 11,224,804 times
Reputation: 30752
I am far from a Vickers fan, but I was glad to see him payback the 17.
[HQ] 2011 Tums Fast Relief 500 - Matt Kenseth vs. Brian Vickers - YouTube


What were your thoughts on Vickers taking out Stewart at Sonama earlier this year in another case of payback? Stewart could have won that race.

SONOMA 2011 Toyota/Save Mart 350 Vickers delivers payback - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:42 AM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I am far from a Vickers fan, but I was glad to see him payback the 17.
[HQ] 2011 Tums Fast Relief 500 - Matt Kenseth vs. Brian Vickers - YouTube


What were your thoughts on Vickers taking out Stewart at Sonama earlier this year in another case of payback? Stewart could have won that race.

SONOMA 2011 Toyota/Save Mart 350 Vickers delivers payback - YouTube
Tough talking Stewart should have kicked Vickers butt, we know Kenseth does not fight with anybody.

You have to watch more than the highlight clips, Vickers bumped Kenseth for many laps befor Kenseth put him in the wall.

At least Kenseth has a top shelf ride for next year. Vickers back to Nationwide of maybe trucks.

I know NASCAR and all the Chevy fans are dreading the thought of a Ford winning the championship but you need to reign in the idiots.(Vickers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 12:41 PM
 
6,368 posts, read 13,908,560 times
Reputation: 5884
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I have never witnessed such amateurish driving in all the years I have been watching NASCAR.
You obviously missed David Ragan in 2008

"Ragan was so out of control at times that his nickname could have been "Trouble in Turn 2."

Two-time Cup champion Tony Stewart once called him a "dart without feathers."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I know NASCAR and all the Chevy fans are dreading the thought of a Ford winning the championship but you need to reign in the idiots.(Vickers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 01:10 PM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
You obviously missed David Ragan in 2008

"Ragan was so out of control at times that his nickname could have been "Trouble in Turn 2."

Two-time Cup champion Tony Stewart once called him a "dart without feathers."



I guess you don't remember Jeff Gordons first year driving for Hendrick. Just how many cars did he wreck? Turned out to be a pretty fair driver.

And when did this post have anything to do with Regan?

If you want to bash other drivers start your own thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,185 posts, read 11,224,804 times
Reputation: 30752
I'm not bashing Kenseth or Ford. IMHO, the 17 messed with the bull and got the horns. Even if the 83 was the aggressor throughout the day, the 17 should have stayed away on the track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,302,282 times
Reputation: 8896
What makes Vickers look really dumb is he takes himself out each time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2011, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,185 posts, read 11,224,804 times
Reputation: 30752
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
What makes Vickers look really dumb is he takes himself out each time.
I think he's done that to his career this time!!! I don't see him in a ride next year (a quality ride, that is).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 PM
 
Location: On the East Coast
51,697 posts, read 13,071,713 times
Reputation: 80824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I think he's done that to his career this time!!! I don't see him in a ride next year (a quality ride, that is).
I won't miss him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,800 posts, read 6,572,696 times
Reputation: 4160
You guys kill me...let's park Vickers...Let's park Kyle...heck...let's park all of them and hire some boy scouts to drive these cars every day... Plus we should bubble wrap all of the cars so they just softly bounce off each other...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top