U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 AM
 
Location: In a house
21,956 posts, read 21,499,981 times
Reputation: 14918

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
But seriously, do we want to watch 43 Jeff Burton's, Matt Kenseth's and Mark Martin's on the track every week? They are all good drivers, but booorrrinnngg.
I enjoy a good exciting race as much as the next person and the drivers enjoy good racing--but no one wants to see anyone get seriously injured nor do any of the dirvers care to be hurt because of something stupid! There is a big difference in good old fashioned "hard" racing and just plain immature stupid!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 11-08-2011 at 05:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,003 posts, read 3,160,222 times
Reputation: 1651
I don't recall people in an outrage over Edwards sending Brad into the fence airborne at Atlanta, and turning him in front of the field at Iowa. But Edwards is a nice guy and does flips and runs into the crowd after a win. Then there was the 31 taking Gordon out under caution at Texas last year, with Burton saying that the sun was in his eyes. I understand there is a history with the Shrub, and what he did was a bit overboard, but let's not get too carried away with the dropping of sponsership, or sitting him down the rest of this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,803 posts, read 6,587,092 times
Reputation: 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I enjoy a good exciting race as much as the next person and the drivers enjoy good racing--but no one wants to see anyone get seriously injured nor do any of the dirvers care to be hurt because of something stupid! There is a big difference in good old fashioned "hard" racing and just plain immature stupid!
I'm not condoning Kyle's actions, I've called him out many times for being too aggressive. If he leaves JGR, he will have another ride that same afternoon.

What happened to 'Boys Have at It?'....What happened to Carl when he launched Brad K into the air and almost killed him at Dega? (Plus fans were injured). Then Carl wrecked Brad again at Kentucky in a Nationwide Race. NASCAR never parked Carl.

A sports writer said it best: "If you give a child a box of matches and tell him to go play, itís your own fault when he burns the house down."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 AM
 
6,368 posts, read 13,933,519 times
Reputation: 5885
^^The well written article that quote came from:

http://insiderracingnews.com/Writers/DD/110811.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,003 posts, read 3,160,222 times
Reputation: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
^^The well written article that quote came from:

http://insiderracingnews.com/Writers/DD/110811.html
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 AM
 
6,368 posts, read 13,933,519 times
Reputation: 5885
Another good piece:

Losing Kyle Busch would be bad for NASCAR | RacingWithRich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 08:45 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,888,814 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm not condoning Kyle's actions, I've called him out many times for being too aggressive. If he leaves JGR, he will have another ride that same afternoon.

What happened to 'Boys Have at It?'....What happened to Carl when he launched Brad K into the air and almost killed him at Dega? (Plus fans were injured). Then Carl wrecked Brad again at Kentucky in a Nationwide Race. NASCAR never parked Carl.
Which front line owner would hire Kyle Bush?

The reason NASCAR didn't punish Carl is because he is a better ambassador for NASCAR than Bush is. No crying or whining when he doesn't win, no flipping the bird at NASCAR officials. No stomping away and refusing interviews after a loss. Lets face it Kyle Bush has a ton of talent and you might argue he is the best driver in NASCAR but one thing you can't deny it that he is a real A-Hole.

I think NASCAR was just waiting for a good reason to sit Bush and he provided that for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 03:24 PM
 
Location: In a house
21,956 posts, read 21,499,981 times
Reputation: 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I don't recall people in an outrage over Edwards sending Brad into the fence airborne at Atlanta, and turning him in front of the field at Iowa. But Edwards is a nice guy and does flips and runs into the crowd after a win. Then there was the 31 taking Gordon out under caution at Texas last year, with Burton saying that the sun was in his eyes. I understand there is a history with the Shrub, and what he did was a bit overboard, but let's not get too carried away with the dropping of sponsership, or sitting him down the rest of this year.
Maybe not as many people were outraged with Carl as Kyle but I was. Infact I am still unhappy with Carl. I am just not a fan of putting anyones life in danger on purpose to make a point. It's just dump and I do not condone "dumb"!! I lost a lot of respect for Carl and he was one of my favorite drivers at the time and now I have also lost more respect for Kyle. It happens. Hey--look at Mark Martin--he was a major jerk (I'm sure PDD remembers the time)--so was DW--they finally grew up. Well, Mark did--ha! DW is ok too but what I am saying Kyle isn't the first and won't be the last but right now I'm not at all happy with his attitude. Dumb just doesn't belong on the race track!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 03:57 PM
 
6,368 posts, read 13,933,519 times
Reputation: 5885
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Which front line owner would hire Kyle Bush?

The reason NASCAR didn't punish Carl is because he is a better ambassador for NASCAR than Bush is. No crying or whining when he doesn't win, no flipping the bird at NASCAR officials. No stomping away and refusing interviews after a loss. Lets face it Kyle Bush has a ton of talent and you might argue he is the best driver in NASCAR but one thing you can't deny it that he is a real A-Hole.

I think NASCAR was just waiting for a good reason to sit Bush and he provided that for them.
Yeah, he's such a squeaky clean guy


Carl Edwards VS Matt Kenseth Full Version - YouTube

(did NASCAR test for steroids back then?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,888,814 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Yeah, he's such a squeaky clean guy


Carl Edwards VS Matt Kenseth Full Version - YouTube

(did NASCAR test for steroids back then?)
Good point but Carl has cleaned up his act along with Brad.
It has yet to be determined if Kyle can clean up his act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top