Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Good point WFW&P. Furthermore,if showing emotion is so bad, then why is it TV ratings triple or even quadrouple for a golf tournament when Tiger Woods plays in it compared to the tournaments he doesn't play in? Tiger spits, curses, and has thrown a club or two. If getting pissed is so bad why are people tuning in not turning off when it comes to Tiger?
I'll take you further than that; why is it the only fight in NASCAR anyone can recall in the '79 Daytona 500?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 03:43 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post

The interview never aired; as I recall Dr. Punch finally walked away and if it had not been for a cell phone camera the public eye would have never known the incident ever occured.
The world got to see this. Not too brilliant when you've got an in-car camera.

KURT BUSCH FLIPPING BIRD NSCS HOMESTEAD 2011 - YouTube

Old 11-28-2011, 03:48 PM

393 posts, read 652,429 times
The best thing that could happen to good old Kurt would be a run in with Happy Harvick. I am sure Kevin would be more than glad to take him to the woodshed where he could be properly punished.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
The world got to see this. Not too brilliant when you've got an in-car camera.

KURT BUSCH FLIPPING BIRD NSCS HOMESTEAD 2011 - YouTube
Really? No other driver has been caught flipping the bird on camera? If you're going to play that card at least find a clip of him mooning or shaking his tallywacker at another driver. Even fans have been caught.

Nascar Fan that Loves his Middle Finger - YouTube

Kyle Busch flipping off NASCAR official - YouTube

About 3:50

Shane Hmiel flips off Dale Jarrett - YouTube

Old 11-29-2011, 09:30 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
^^ Thought the topic was Busch and Addington, not other drivers and a drunk JR fan.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:11 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Dr. Punch has been around for a long time indeed, but you can't verify with any degree of certainty that other drivers haven't popped off on him over the years in the heat of the moment.

The interview never aired; as I recall Dr. Punch finally walked away and if it had not been for a cell phone camera the public eye would have never known the incident ever occured.
In regards to both of your answers to my posts--so does this make it all right what Kurt did? You are allowed your opinion and I have mine!
Maybe you should read this for another point of view--a good point of view about the Busch brothers by another respected driver!!
www.competitionplus.com

Old 11-29-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
In regards to both of your answers to my posts--so does this make it all right what Kurt did? You are allowed your opinion and I have mine!
Maybe you should read this for another point of view--a good point of view about the Busch brothers by another respected driver!!
www.competitionplus.com
My point is many drivers have acted like a******s over the years. I don't necessarily condone the behavior, but when you stick a mic in someone's face during the heat of the moment, which is what sports media is after, don't cry foul when the reaction is more than you expected.
I've listened to my favorite driver, Stewart, beat down a reporter during casual interview.
Nothing of any value in that article.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
^^ Thought the topic was Busch and Addington, not other drivers and a drunk JR fan.
Keep up with me- just pointing out other drivers have been caught on camera using the "you're number one" gesture. Just happened to stumble across the video of the fan.
My mistake for thinking objectivity was permitted here.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
If I were the parents of Kurt and Kyle I would be questioning what I did so terribly wrong raising my boys! Both of these guys have some big time problems.
And what would make you think their parents aren't the same way?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
And what would make you think their parents aren't the same way?
The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree so you may be right.
As far as the article with competitionplus--again, each to their own opinion! I thought is was really to the point! My opinion!
Tony is my favorite driver. Yep, he's had his problems with the interviews but I also said in an earlier post that I can understand certain situations and deal with it in some cases but Kurt is out there and acts like a spoiled brat. Big difference in Tony and Kurt--big difference! My opinion!! Oh, and Tony did learn and mature--something I doubt Kurt will ever do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing