Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:02 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,344 times

Advertisements

Addington quits as Busch's No. 22 crew chief - Nov 22, 2011 - NASCAR.COM

Beware! The video has foul language.

Kurt Busch Rages During Interview - YouTube

Personally, I am happy for Addington! After seeing many videos of Kurt criticizing his crew chief, I am surprised Addington didn't quite long ago. Kurt has major anger issues...probably worse than his brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 07:49 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Too bad it wasn't Jimmy Spencer doing the interview

Kurt Busch Statement:
"Unfortunately, our result in the season-ending race at Homestead on Sunday was not what we had hoped for as a team. In my frustration with the loss of my transmission early in the race, I let my emotions get the better of me. I regret having done this and apologize to the sponsors of Penske Racing , to NASCAR, its fans, to the media and in particular, Dr. Jerry Punch."

Rumor has it that Addington is going to Stewart-Haas.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
I don't care how good a driver he used to be, NASCAR does not need this NFL, NBA type of behavior from it's drivers.
Jack Roush was right to kick him out before the season ended. It would not surprise me if Penske does the same one of these days.
I can think of a couple of drivers who would fit nicely in the #22 Dodge.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:19 PM

441 posts, read 1,487,859 times
Even though Kurt is a prick, the Addington deal was done long ago. He will resurface at Stewart Hass.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:18 AM

Good article

Public (Relations) Enemy No. 1 | AthlonSports.com

Old 11-26-2011, 05:04 AM

Gotta say, he had it coming

NASCAR fines Kurt Busch $50,000 for gesture, obscenity-laced rant - ESPN

Old 11-26-2011, 07:05 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post

I'd like to see his sponsor tell Penske to put somebody else in the car.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:02 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,535 times
It's very easy for all of us to sit behind a computer and say "well Kurt has anger issues" Watch a college or NFL football game, (which is way more popular than NASCAR ever will be), and watch a coach's reaction to a player making a mistake. They scream, curse, get angry. It's called emotion. It's what is brought out in highly competitive sports. Keep in mind Kurt was in the chase too. I've watched Joe Paterno tell ESPN reporter Erin Andrews to "get out of here," I've watched former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr do the same thing to a reporter. I've seen guys like Paterno, Cowher, Parcels, Saban, Ryan, coach K @ Duke and virtually all loose their cool at times. It's part of highly competitive sports!!! And sorry, not everyone wants to be interviewed when things aren't going well. From my own stand point when I'm at the gym lifting weights I'm very intense. I put my iPod and I'm all business. I've been mean to people when they try to talk to me while I'm lifting, and I'm not the least bit sorry either. I'm intense, deal with it. Now I do think Kurt was wrong to call Dr. Punch a motherf*cker and verbally a buse his crew chief, but what are people suppossed to do in highly competitive events when things don't go right walk over and say "hey, wanna be my friend on facebook"

Old 11-26-2011, 09:52 AM

468 posts, read 827,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Now I do think Kurt was wrong to call Dr. Punch a motherf*cker and verbally a buse his crew chief, but what are people suppossed to do in highly competitive events when things don't go right walk over and say "hey, wanna be my friend on facebook"
How about acting like a civilized human being and swallow your anger and answer the questions. If you don't want to talk then, go into the hauler and ask them to come back when you cool down.

Kurt Busch has no respect for anyone especially the media. The media can make or break you and in this case, Kurt just gave them something else to prove to the race fans that he is a walking attitude problem.

Dr. Jerry Punch is a good guy and he didn't deserve that sort of treatment from Kurt.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:08 PM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
It's very easy for all of us to sit behind a computer and say "well Kurt has anger issues" Watch a college or NFL football game, (which is way more popular than NASCAR ever will be),
Since you are obviously not a NASCAR fan what is your point in posting here?

Go over to the football forum and make excuses for the jerks in the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing