Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,866,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Carl Edwards, the guy who works for the NASCAR owner that was not suspended by NASCAR for illegal business practices.
You referring to the guy who whines all the time that everyone's out to get him?

Quote:
That Carl who because of an illness to his crew chief has not performed like he did last year or the nine win season a couple of years back.
Convenient excuse.

Quote:
You don't like Carl, I don't like dishonest owners.
I don't like the Mr Good Guy image he tries to portray on TV, while attempting to kill someone on the track.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
You referring to the guy who whines all the time that everyone's out to get him?

Convenient excuse.

I don't like the Mr Good Guy image he tries to portray on TV, while attempting to kill someone on the track.

I seem to remember Carl tying for first in points last year ahead of every driver except Tony Stuart.
So he has a bad year this year and he's over rated.
Did you just become a Nascar fan the day Carl sent Brad flying? I seem to remember Brad sent Carl flying into the fence first. How soon people forget.
Amazing those two can get over it but some haters like yourself just can't.

I can't help but think you must be a 15 YO with the way you have to hate some driver you don't like. I've been a fan for over 50 years and have never hated one driver. Might not have like some but never hate.

Time for some people to grow up even if your not a 15 YO you sure act like one here.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:30 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Love him or hate him, Keselowski can wheel a car. I personally don't mind his attitude. It's nowhere near as annoying as Kurt constantly berating everyone and acting like a 3-year-old or Kyle's occasional fits of condescending smarminess.

Brad's on the verge of giving Roger Penske the final feather in his cap - a NASCAR championship. Bobby Allison, Rusty Wallace, Jeremy Mayfield, Ryan Newman, and Kurt Busch couldn't do that.

What makes their accomplishments this season more impressive is the fact that they've had to deal with the distraction of shutting down their Dodge program and ramping up their Ford program as well as the AJ Allmendinger saga.
^^^THIS!

I watched Rusty win his championship in 1989 and so longed for him to get one for Penske.

I've been cheering for the #2 car for so long now that I can't stop - especially since the sponsor is still Miller Lite!

I did not like Kurt at all and was so happy he left the team.

I love Brad's personality and his attitude on and off the track. I think him winning the championship would be great for NASCAR. As someone mentioned above, things get boring when the same person keeps winning the championship every year. (Jimmy Johnson or Dale Earnhardt.)

Brad just needs to tame his language. NASCAR Champions represent the sport. We would not want the children to think that race drivers use fowl language.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I seem to remember Carl tying for first in points last year ahead of every driver except Tony Stuart.
So he has a bad year this year and he's over rated.
Did you just become a Nascar fan the day Carl sent Brad flying? I seem to remember Brad sent Carl flying into the fence first. How soon people forget.
Amazing those two can get over it but some haters like yourself just can't.

I can't help but think you must be a 15 YO with the way you have to hate some driver you don't like. I've been a fan for over 50 years and have never hated one driver. Might not have like some but never hate.

Time for some people to grow up even if your not a 15 YO you sure act like one here.
Definitely not a 15 year old, though sometimes I think I'd like to go back there.

I am old enough and secure enough that I don't feel the need to brag in every other post how long I've been a fan.

Never been call a hater. Isn't that the way 15 year old's talk?

But hey, thanks for the unexpected Sunday morning laugh.

Last edited by Gimme3steps; 11-18-2012 at 07:41 AM..

Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM

977 posts, read 1,955,504 times
I tell you what was good for NASCAR was Keselowski giving that SportsCenter interview while buzzed and drinking that gigantic beer. Hilarious.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I tell you what was good for NASCAR was Keselowski giving that SportsCenter interview while buzzed and drinking that gigantic beer. Hilarious.
It was so refreshing to see someone genuinely having a blast and sharing the moment like BK did tonight. Good for him!!!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 AM

468 posts, read 826,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post

Brad just needs to tame his language. NASCAR Champions represent the sport. We would not want the children to think that race drivers use fowl language.

Fowl language?

Ya mean Brad talks like a chicken???

Old 11-20-2012, 05:34 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
Fowl language?

Ya mean Brad talks like a chicken???
The bird whisperer.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 AM

Closer to a Horse Whisperer

Old 11-23-2012, 06:34 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
JJ is too vanilla, plain white paper, why not many have given him much credit for what he has accomplished.
Should Brad win the championship he will go down as the one who denied JJ his 6th title and that could be good for arm chair racing.
As long as Brad doesn't have a Denny moment he should wrap it up.
Brad didn't deny Jimmy. Mechanical problems and a pit road error ended Jimmy's season between Phoenix and Homestead.
Quote:
Carl Edwards, the guy who works for the NASCAR owner that was not suspended by NASCAR for illegal business practices.

That Carl who because of an illness to his crew chief has not performed like he did last year or the nine win season a couple of years back.

You don't like Carl, I don't like dishonest owners.
What owner are you talking about? I missed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I expected BK to be more excited when he got out of the car in victory lane. He was surprisingly subdued. But the contrast between his interview then and the later one with him holding the half empty huge beer was hilarious. He held it together better than I thought he would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing