Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Danica said she was running half throttle all day maybe next time she will keep it to the floor for an easy win.

Too bad she didn't push Biffell the last few laps she would of had an easy second place finish. I can't figure out why she didn't push him.
Maybe she's still used to real race cars, where the plates are in the hospitality tent and not on the intake manifold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 AM

890 posts, read 1,849,139 times
Quote:
Danica said she was running half throttle all day maybe next time she will keep it to the floor for an easy win.

Too bad she didn't push Biffell the last few laps she would of had an easy second place finish. I can't figure out why she didn't push him.
I don't know if she would have gone with Biffle. He's a Ford driver - Roush Ford on top of that. She's driving a Chevy with a Hendrick motor.

She might have been able to drop down in front of the 88, but I think she was trying to be ultra conservative and bring it home in one piece.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Maybe she's still used to real race cars, where the plates are in the hospitality tent and not on the intake manifold.
Cut the real race car bull ****. Nobody likes plates but nobody provides better racing than NASCAR, (except for the plate races)

Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
I don't know if she would have gone with Biffle. He's a Ford driver - Roush Ford on top of that. She's driving a Chevy with a Hendrick motor.

She might have been able to drop down in front of the 88, but I think she was trying to be ultra conservative and bring it home in one piece.
What would be the problem with a car with a Hendrick engine pushing a Roush powered car past another Hendrick powered car for a win?

I would think Rick Hendrick would thank Danica for coming in second to a Roush car.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:14 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,957 times
She played it safe and went for a placing I think. If she drops down to the bottom I betcha no one goes with her and she finishes back of the line. Dunno but that's my guess and probably hers as well. Though once she saw Jr she should've dropped in front of him for the push. Not that anyone could pass the leader at all. She might've gotten second or third.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
8th isn't bad.
yep, a good start to the season for her. and if she hadnt gotten freight trained on the last corner, she would ahve come home in third place.

Quote:

dont forget that in total danica doesnt have a lot of experience drafting, and virtually none in the gen 6 race cars. i think she was playing it conservative to bring the car home in one piece and have a good finish, which she did rather nicely.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
She looks like a better restricter plate track driver than overall NASCAR driver. There are just some drivers that really "get" that style of racing, Jamie McMurry, Michael Waltrip, Dale Jr, etc, who are otherwise pretty mediocre. If she races at all 4 rp races the next few years don't be surprised if she wins one. She stayed up front all race and was in contention to win. I don't think you can do that in a fluke

I like Danica because she is a good race car driver who happens to be a woman rather than just a creation of media sensationalism. She's no Erin Crocker.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:

Maybe she hasn't yet got the hang of drafting and restrictor plate racing.

Maybe she never will...

It will be interesting to see her race at Bristol.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the first woman to win the pole for the daytona 500. way to go girl!!
Shes good with the poles

Old 02-26-2013, 05:38 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Shes good with the poles
It is interesting that the words "pole" and "dance" were both used during Sunday's broadcast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing