Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 02:03 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,346,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Grosjean was basically owning Kimi this weekend.

The penalty was very harsh, he didn't leave the track until he was ahead of Massa and then again he did it to avoid a collision. They would not have handed that penalty to Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton or Raikkonen, I'm sure.

He got 20 seconds for the one on Button as well, that one is more debatable, but frankly I think they are obsessed with punishing someone every time cars touch, no matter how mildly and inconsequential.
Agreed as well. Grosjean should have never been penalized or either pass IMO. Where his tires went off with Massa is a corner where everyone had been going off track and it didn't look like all four tires left the track. As for Button, he was already past Button when Button clipped him. That was entirely Button's fault.

I think Grosjean has proven he is a good driver. He's had a podium finish and was doing better than Kimi all weekend. Had he not been penalized who knows? He could have finished ahead of Kimi.

Btw... Is it just me or were Vettel and Kimi very friendly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 03:00 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,568,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettyhate View Post
This was the weekend for Grojean to shine and prove he is worthy of his seat at Lotus which imo he isn't good enough. Kimi has pretty much owned Grojean all season forget about qualifying its the race day that counts and you just wouldn't see Raikkonen doing the same mistakes hence the huge difference in points and why he is the team no.1 driver.

The one on Button was fully Grojeans fault, Button had the racing line so he had track position you can see Grojean moving left and hitting Button.

Everytime I see Grojean in action I am always waiting for him to crash I honestly thought it would be Vettel since he was behind him for so long, its a case of when will Grojean crash next and to who.

I will give Grojean some credit hes better than last year that's for sure but for me he doesn't show that hes a good quality driver.
Grosjean is a very capable driver. He certainly has shown that.
He also does not have the experience Kimi, Button, Vettel or any of the top drivers has.

He's a little rough around the edges and takes big risks, sometimes silly ones, but he'll get there. Thats likely why he got penalized so harsh. They not taking chances with him any more because of his past run-ins.

I suspect he'll be staying with Lotus next season along with Kimi.
Unless Ferrari grabs one of them ti replace Massa. If I were Ferrari, I'd definitely be looking at both drivers.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:02 PM

6,462 posts, read 8,129,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post

Picture from: http://kimiraikkonenspace.com

Vettel impersonates Raikkonen in hilarious speech - YouTube

Old 07-29-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Agreed as well. Grosjean should have never been penalized or either pass IMO. Where his tires went off with Massa is a corner where everyone had been going off track and it didn't look like all four tires left the track. As for Button, he was already past Button when Button clipped him. That was entirely Button's fault.

I think Grosjean has proven he is a good driver. He's had a podium finish and was doing better than Kimi all weekend. Had he not been penalized who knows? He could have finished ahead of Kimi.

Agreed.
I think in regards to the pass on Button, Grosjean turned in a bit late. Probably to block. Button probably didn't expect that and turned in a little sooner which caused a bit of a rub.
Nothing but a racing incident really.

Massa, complete BS.

Yeh I noticed that with Vettel and Kimi too. I think most of the drivers are friends though.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:07 PM

6,462 posts, read 8,129,870 times
Fernando Alonso rebuked by Ferrari chief Di Montezemelo
Ferrari have admitted that Fernando Alonso has been admonished by the company's president.

The team said Luca Di Montezemolo ( link) phoned the driver on Monday to wish him a happy birthday but also "tweaked his ear" for his "latest comments".

Ferrari have not revealed which remarks by Alonso, 32, upset Di Montezemolo.

But when he was asked what birthday present he would like after finishing fifth in Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix, Alonso replied: "Someone else's car."

Old 07-29-2013, 04:43 PM

68,281 posts, read 54,060,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Grosjean is a very capable driver. He certainly has shown that.
He also does not have the experience Kimi, Button, Vettel or any of the top drivers has.

He's a little rough around the edges and takes big risks, sometimes silly ones, but he'll get there. Thats likely why he got penalized so harsh. They not taking chances with him any more because of his past run-ins.

I suspect he'll be staying with Lotus next season along with Kimi.
Unless Ferrari grabs one of them ti replace Massa. If I were Ferrari, I'd definitely be looking at both drivers.
If Massa goes I'd like to see the seat go to Kobayashi who's been doing some promo work for Ferrari. Or maybe Hulkenberg.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,346,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If Massa goes I'd like to see the seat go to Kobayashi who's been doing some promo work for Ferrari. Or maybe Hulkenberg.
My vote goes with Hulkenberg. I think he'd do very well in a better car. Also possibly di Resta.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:33 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,470,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Agreed.
I think in regards to the pass on Button, Grosjean turned in a bit late. Probably to block. Button probably didn't expect that and turned in a little sooner which caused a bit of a rub.
Nothing but a racing incident really.

Massa, complete BS.

Yeh I noticed that with Vettel and Kimi too. I think most of the drivers are friends though.

In the replays I saw it looked like Button held his line and was as far left as he could possibly be. Also looked like Grojean turned slightly left into Button just before turnin to open his radius and misjudged where Button was. The 4off call around Massa was BS.

Btw.. Senna is playing on NBCSports right now.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
In the replays I saw it looked like Button held his line and was as far left as he could possibly be. Also looked like Grojean turned slightly left into Button just before turnin to open his radius and misjudged where Button was. The 4off call around Massa was BS.

Btw.. Senna is playing on NBCSports right now.
I do remember it looking like Grosjean veered left. He may well have but it could also be that he turned in late, making it look like he veered left. Dunno.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Agreed.
I definitely think Ferrari is watching Hulkenberg and my bet would be that Hulkenberg gets the seat.

Would be nice to see Kobayashi get it too though.

I think the drivers being watched by Ferrari will be Kimi, Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Vergne and Kobayashi.
I think Vergne has a good shot too.

Damn, I wouldn't rule out either driver from Force India too. Sutil is probably being watched closely too.

Not sure of the contract situation of the above drivers though. That my rule out some of the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing