U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 09:28 AM

58,187 posts, read 40,994,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
With the engine freeze, the other are on a tough spot. Except Honda, of course, who can try their own version of the twin turbo before reentering F1 with McLaren next season.
Is there no engine development allowed over the course of the season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 04:10 PM

983 posts, read 1,366,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As far as I know it's software only, with exceptions for safety reasons

Old 05-19-2014, 05:27 PM

3,691 posts, read 5,850,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
February 28 is engine design lock down day.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:43 AM

58,187 posts, read 40,994,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
As far as I know it's software only, with exceptions for safety reasons
I guess they're no longer using a common ECU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
February 28 is engine design lock down day.
WOW! I haven't kept up with the regs, sounds like Mercedes scored quite the coup if no one will be able to copy their split turbo design.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I guess they're no longer using a common ECU?
They are, but what you program with the given APIs is up to you.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:43 PM

5,217 posts, read 5,872,309 times
Maldonado just arrived in Monaco

Old 05-22-2014, 04:54 PM

2,609 posts, read 3,845,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
LMAO

I'm going to have to show my husband this. I LOVE it!

Old 05-26-2014, 10:00 AM

2,609 posts, read 3,845,693 times
Personally I thought Jules Bianchi put in the best drive yesterday, especially considering his car. It was a pretty decent race though with some really good moments. I loved when Hamilton said he didn't care about Ricciardo, he wanted to know where Rosberg was then a couple laps later he's got Ricciardo breathing down his neck.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Personally I thought Jules Bianchi put in the best drive yesterday, especially considering his car. It was a pretty decent race though with some really good moments. I loved when Hamilton said he didn't care about Ricciardo, he wanted to know where Rosberg was then a couple laps later he's got Ricciardo breathing down his neck.
I think the Bianchi/Marussia bandwagon is overblown. Without so many retirements he would have been where the Marussias always are, in the back. The only faster car he really beat was Grosjean. He wouldn't have been anywhere near Magnussen and Raikkonen without a) the safety cars and b) Raikkonen's idiotic move that made him and Kevin lose an eternity of time.

Kudos to him and Marussia for making the most of it (and for that pass on Kobayashi!!!)... but to sudenly call this a masterpiece... I'm not sure.

===

Hamilton's attitude was awful and childish. Completely hated him after qualy and after the race.

===

Marussia's points are a tragedy for... Sauber... Now down to 10th place in the constructors championship, the Swiss team needs another lottery race to climb back. The car was semi-decent in Monaco, with Esteban Gutiérrez being able to keep a decent gap between his car and Raikkonen's before he made a very dumb mistake clipping the barrier at Rascasse.... but where else do teams run the Monaco spec? Nowhere, that is. Only Hungary is aero-heavy, but nowhere near as much as Monaco. They are at a crisis.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:42 PM

5,217 posts, read 5,872,309 times
What a fantastic race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing