U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 05:20 PM

5,217 posts, read 5,873,735 times

Advertisements

I'm looking forward to the Belgium GP this weekend. The forecast says rain on Saturday .

I just watched 1: Life on the Limit. A decent documentary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 09:18 AM

983 posts, read 1,366,469 times
Good news for Americans in this forum: Alex Rossi will make his F1 racing debut for Marussia this weekend, replacing Max Chilton "while contractual issues are cleared" (PR speak for "Max's latest check didn't clear").

Old 08-21-2014, 02:17 PM

Who's next out? Ericsson?

Old 08-22-2014, 07:12 AM

58,188 posts, read 41,002,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Good news for Americans in this forum: Alex Rossi will make his F1 racing debut for Marussia this weekend, replacing Max Chilton "while contractual issues are cleared" (PR speak for "Max's latest check didn't clear").
Well, that didn't last long.

I hope Rossi gets 1 of the Haas seats, I look forward to an American entry in F1.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:24 AM

983 posts, read 1,366,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, that didn't last long.

I hope Rossi gets 1 of the Haas seats, I look forward to an American entry in F1.
Yeah, what a ridiculous situation. Well, at least now Chilton's pay driver status is completely without question.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:53 PM

3,692 posts, read 5,851,708 times
Alexander Rossi, who doesn't have the talent to be a competitive F1 driver, isn't going to race
for Marussia this weekend.

I couldn't care less.

Last edited by karlsch; 08-23-2014 at 12:21 AM..

Old 08-23-2014, 05:11 PM

277 posts, read 233,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Alexander Rossi, who doesn't have the talent to be a competitive F1 driver, isn't going to race
for Marussia this weekend.

I couldn't care less.
I suspect Rossi is a pay driver as well. Say what you want about Chilton but, remember, he has twice as many GP2 wins as Rossi....

Old 08-24-2014, 11:25 AM

What a farce at Mercedes. Hamilton claims that Rosberg confessed to deliberately crashing into him. I hope that is not true. Still, Rosberg acted quite arrogant in the post-race interviews.

Another great win by Ricciardo. What a guy! He is a future champion. The same goes for Bottas.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:51 PM

7,304 posts, read 15,356,670 times
From what I have read in the post-race pages, what Nico said is that he had to make a point by keeping his line and his position, and that it was up to Lewis to give room. Lewis interpreted this as Nico saying that the collision was deliberate, and I don't think that was true.

I do think, though, that Nico attempted a pass, the pass failed and that makes him the one that needed to give room. Lewis didn't give him a lot of room, true, but he didn't run Nico off, either. It wasn't a case of: if Nico hadn't hit Lewis, he'd have gone off track. The in-car shows Nico has his hands full and is in opposite lock when the collision occurs, so there is a bit of "that's racing" involved.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:53 PM

58,188 posts, read 41,002,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
From what I have read in the post-race pages, what Nico said is that he had to make a point by keeping his line and his position, and that it was up to Lewis to give room. Lewis interpreted this as Nico saying that the collision was deliberate, and I don't think that was true.

I do think, though, that Nico attempted a pass, the pass failed and that makes him the one that needed to give room. Lewis didn't give him a lot of room, true, but he didn't run Nico off, either. It wasn't a case of: if Nico hadn't hit Lewis, he'd have gone off track. The in-car shows Nico has his hands full and is in opposite lock when the collision occurs, so there is a bit of "that's racing" involved.
I could see it being termed 'that's racing' in the final stages of a race. But between teammates on the 2nd lap? From what I saw Lewis was clearly ahead, had the line, and it's up to the over taking driver to deal with it. I think Nico screwed the pooch this time, I just hope this increasingly bitter rivalry doesn't wind up causing damage that can't be repaired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing