Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:44 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But if you already hate F1 you're welcome to post, eh?
If you start the thread you get to make the rules.

Do you have any comments about yesterday's races or do you only watch your favorite and can't be bothered to watch another series like I did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 09:56 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I thought my comments on F1 were pretty fair. You saw the race did you think it was great or was it so so?
It was decent, there were lots of very racy moments and for Monaco (a very limited and narrow track) there was definitely some impressive overtaking. Not the best race of the season thus far, but also not boring.

Your comments left out what, IMO, was the biggest moment. Marussia, a team that has NEVER scored points or placed higher than 12th scored points. Bianchi did an absolutely amazing job and finished ahead of some decent teams.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:58 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:

Do you have any comments about yesterday's races or do you only watch your favorite and can't be bothered to watch another series like I did?
I'm pretty sure city-data admins make the rules, not you.

I didn't watch any of the other races. I barely have time to squeeze in the F1 race. I would have liked to watch the Indy race but unfortunately I have a lot of stuff on my plate and these races aren't exactly quick. Maybe if they re-air it and I can record it I might have a chance. But not likely.

I don't watch NASCAR, I just can't get into it.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

I not only watched the 3 you mentioned but NHRA as well, how about you?

BTW, you'd be a lot more believable if you learned to spell M-O-N-A-C-O.

The good thing about Charlotte is they actually have real engines in the cars but I much preferred NASCAR when they raced real cars and didn't need to put a decal on them to tell the unknowing fans what they allegedly are.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:27 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I not only watched the 3 you mentioned but NHRA as well, how about you?

BTW, you'd be a lot more believable if you learned to spell M-O-N-A-C-O.

The good thing about Charlotte is they actually have real engines in the cars but I much preferred NASCAR when they raced real cars and didn't need to put a decal on them to tell the unknowing fans what they allegedly are.
Thanks for you spelling comments mr spelling policeman.That's the first time in my life I ever had to spell Monaco so next time I'll look before I spell.

Do you not know that this year the factory supplies most of the sheet metal for this years car. The teams no longer have to manufacture their own complete bodies.

If you can't tell which brand is which without decals maybe your not much of a car person.

So you watched one more event than me, that means you wasted a few more hrs than I did.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:14 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
What I thought was interesting to see was all the empty seats at Indy and Charlotte. Either people are losing interest in auto racing or the cost to attend is getting out of reach for a lot of people.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:08 PM

983 posts, read 1,634,685 times
Another thing that was cool about the weekend was Kurt Busch's 1100 miles attempt (Indy 500 plus Coca Cola 600).

Great Indy race, finishing 6th... but his engine blew in Charlotte. Shame. But kudos for trying it!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I didn't watch Monaco but did Indy and 600. Both good races. The second closest finish in Indy history and it was not interesingt strikes me as strange indeed.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:38 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
I liked the decision on the red flag in the indy 500...
Knowing nascar they would have kept going around under caution until they reached that "green white checkered" BS.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:16 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Thanks for you spelling comments mr spelling policeman.That's the first time in my life I ever had to spell Monaco so next time I'll look before I spell.
Hard to believe you actually watched the race as claimed when you can't spell a word that was probably shown about 227 times during the race.

Quote:
Do you not know that this year the factory supplies most of the sheet metal for this years car. The teams no longer have to manufacture their own complete bodies.
How long has that been the case? Last I paid attention every car fit the same templates.

Quote:
If you can't tell which brand is which without decals maybe your not much of a car person.
And if you think there's rear wheel drive two door Camrys, Fusions, et al out there you're really not much of a car guy.

Quote:
So you watched one more event than me, that means you wasted a few more hrs than I did.
I didn't waste my time, what you did with yours isn't my problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing