U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-26-2014, 08:06 AM
 
204 posts, read 135,917 times
Reputation: 69

Advertisements

The fix has been in on this case since day one. Tmz Sports reported the day after the murder that no audio or video evidence was collected. This is strange because it was reported on the night of the murder that a GoPro camera was on his car at the deadspin website by eyewitnesses. Tmz Sports reported that it was common knowledge in racing circles that Tony always used a GoPro camera to record his races. So, where is the camera? Evidence tampering should also be added to the list of charges against TS. I doubt that there will be an indictment though.

Tony Stewart Investigation -- No Video or Audio Evidence Gathered from Stewart's Team | TMZ.com

Video: Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver During Confrontation, Killing Him

Last edited by Spinoza 1454; 08-26-2014 at 08:30 AM..

 
Old 08-26-2014, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Twin Lakes /Taconic / Salisbury
2,256 posts, read 3,539,511 times
Reputation: 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
The fix has been in on this case since day one. Tmz Sports reported the day after the murder that no audio or video evidence was collected. This is strange because it was reported on the night of the murder that a GoPro camera was on his car at the deadspin website by eyewitnesses. Tmz Sports reported that it was common knowledge in racing circles that Tony always used a GoPro camera to record his races. So, where is the camera? Evidence tampering should also be added to the list of charges against TS. I doubt that there will be an indictment though.

Tony Stewart Investigation -- No Video or Audio Evidence Gathered from Stewart's Team | TMZ.com

Video: Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver During Confrontation, Killing Him
Yes. Because we all know TMZ is a reliable source. Especially when it comes down to the mussings of an upstate NY dirt track, those West Hollywood leaches really have their finger on the pulse of what goes on there on a regular basis or with a racing driver of which not a single person on staff knew the name of until the next morning when they read the AP wire since there are so many NASCAR fans in the TMZ office.
Again, you must be 10 or 11 yo, putting so much stock in these "reports" from whom exactly. Maybe for further detailed research you yourself should go play in traffic for awhile as well. Then you can become a REAL expert..
 
Old 08-26-2014, 08:51 AM
 
204 posts, read 135,917 times
Reputation: 69
I thought that these links provide some interesting information.
Witnesses say Stewart sped up right before the crash. This story corroborates the video that shows Stewart's car going up into Ward. The witnesses that appeared on FOX & FRIENDS are quick to claim they think that this was not intentional. But, that really begs the question if Stewart speeds up hitting Ward. How can one claim that this was not intentional? Their story though does contradict the narrative the this was a horrible accident that was unavoidable. Stewart was lower down on the track until he speeds up. This “accident” is Stewart's fault. It would not have happened if he had not decided to sped up and turn his car into Ward.


Witness: Tony Stewart Sped Up Right Before Fatal Crash
Witness: Tony Stewart Sped Up Right Before Fatal Crash | Fox News Insider


'I Saw Him Clear as Day': Rival Driver Disputes Stewart's Story on Fatal Crash
'I Saw Him Clear as Day': Rival Driver Disputes Stewart's Story on Fatal Crash | Fox News Insider


Bob Becker the FOX news legal analyst has come out to say that he thinks this was a definite case of Second Degree Manslaughter at the very least. He then rolled back his opinion. What's going on? Does anyone else smell cover-up? It is clear that's what is going on here. I wonder just who put the pressure on Becker to roll it back? All of this is going to follow Stewart around if or when he is wrongfully exonerated of this crime.

Rob Becker on Stewart:


Rob Becker on Stewart: “second-degree manslaughter at the minimum”
In Other by Elias Albert August 11, 2014


It has been a couple days since the incident involving Tony Stewart in which he struck and killed fellow driver Kevin Ward Jr. who was on-foot at the time. As the story goes, Ward left his damaged vehicle following an accident with Stewart and in an anger-driven attempt to confront Stewart, he was hit by the back-right wheel of Stewart’s car.

The aftermath of this, besides the unfortunate death of 20-year-old Ward, was Stewart being question by police and eventually pulling himself from race contention at Watkins Glen on Sunday. Early reports from multiple sources, including the Ontario County sheriffs department were that Stewart was going to continue on without any charges being filed against him. However, a conversation that legal analyst Rob Becker had during a live broadcast on Fox Sports 1 might change the minds of some fans.

During his conversation with a Fox Sports 1 anchor, Becker made multiple points on evidence he managed to gather himself. He used the professional opinion of another sprint-car driver, who was present for the race when the incident happened, and according to Becker the driver claimed that “Stewart would’ve been able to see Ward and he nevertheless hit the throttle right at that moment, what happens when you that throttle is that car will move toward the right. This means that Stewart had to know that is he hit the throttle with a man standing on the dirt to his right, that there’d be a good chance of the car hitting him.”

“To me, that’s reckless homicide. That’s manslaughter in the second-degree which is when you know that there is a risk of someone dying and you take this risk anyway…second degree manslaughter at the minimum,” said Becker.

According to New York State Statutes, which is the state in which the incident occurred, second-degree manslaughter could land a person in prison for one to 15 years.

Povero is making excuses for what happened.

Povero said visibility was a factor: Not only was the track poorly lit, but Ward was wearing a dark fire suit and black helmet at the time. He also said Stewart fully cooperated with investigators, and was distraught over Ward’s death.
Tony Stewart Skips Another Race, Investigation Could Take 'Months'

SMOKE
Profile

Smoke Timothy Burke
8/10/14 12:34am
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Go to permalink
WAS AT SPEEDWAY AND RIGHT NEAR TONY STEWARTS RACE HAULER.AFTER HE CAME IN HE HAD THE CREW CHAGE HIS RIGHT REAR TIRE .THEY ENDED UP PUTTING A LEFT ONE ON. COPS WERE TOLD ABOUT IT SO HOPEFULLY THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. HE ALSO HAD A GO PRO CAMERA ON HIS CAR HOPEFULLY THEY CONFISCATE THAT ALSO BEFORE THAT GETS DESTROYED. HEARD THE YOUNG DRIVER DIDN'T MAKE IT AND I HOPE IT'S NOT TRUE BUT THEY WOULDN'T BRING TONY OUT UNTIL ALL OTHER HAULERS WERE GONE .ALOT OF POLICE AROUND HIS HAULER ALONG WITH HIS PERSONEL SECURITY. HOPE IF THIS IS ALL TRUE WHAT HAPPENED ON THE TRACK THAT HE DOESN'T GET AWAY WITH IT. HE FINALLY LET HIS TEMPER GET THE BEST OF HIM........

“This was not a NASCAR race and they don't have radios and spotters at these events.”

The quote above is something that is commonly said. But, if you just look at the rule book. You see there are no prohibitions on such things.

http://canandaiguamotorsportspark.co...neralrules.pdf

This last article documents that there was a rivalry between TS and Kevin Ward. It makes the claim that TS did not know he made Kevin crash seem very doubtful. He did not know he caused the crash of a man he was feuding with? Come on?

Death of Kevin Ward Jr. blamed on rivalry he had with NASCAR champ Tony Stewart
Charlie Dorn, 21, said Stewart and Ward had clashed in previous races. Another racer, Tyler Graves, said Stewart could have avoided mowing down his rival. Stewart, a NASCAR star, has a brash driving style that earned him the nickname Smoke. He also has a long history of burning up the asphalt with his temper.
Death of Kevin Ward Jr. blamed on rivalry he had with NASCAR champ Tony Stewart - NY Daily News

P.S. Guys if you want to talk about my arguments, the articles and links posted I am up for that but not anything else.

Last edited by Spinoza 1454; 08-26-2014 at 09:31 AM..
 
Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Twin Lakes /Taconic / Salisbury
2,256 posts, read 3,539,511 times
Reputation: 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
I thought that these links provide some interesting information.
Witnesses say Stewart sped up right before the crash. This story corroborates the video that shows Stewart's car going up into Ward. The witnesses that appeared on FOX & FRIENDS are quick to claim they think that this was not intentional. But, that really begs the question if Stewart speeds up hitting Ward. How can one claim that this was not intentional? Their story though does contradict the narrative the this was a horrible accident that was unavoidable. Stewart was lower down on the track until he speeds up. This “accident” is Stewart's fault. It would not have happened if he had not decided to sped up and turn his car into Ward.


Witness: Tony Stewart Sped Up Right Before Fatal Crash
Witness: Tony Stewart Sped Up Right Before Fatal Crash | Fox News Insider


'I Saw Him Clear as Day': Rival Driver Disputes Stewart's Story on Fatal Crash
'I Saw Him Clear as Day': Rival Driver Disputes Stewart's Story on Fatal Crash | Fox News Insider


Bob Becker the FOX news legal analyst has come out to say that he thinks this was a definite case of Second Degree Manslaughter at the very least. He then rolled back his opinion. What's going on? Does anyone else smell cover-up? It is clear that's what is going on here. I wonder just who put the pressure on Becker to roll it back? All of this is going to follow Stewart around if or when he is wrongfully exonerated of this crime.

Rob Becker on Stewart:


Rob Becker on Stewart: “second-degree manslaughter at the minimum”
In Other by Elias Albert August 11, 2014


It has been a couple days since the incident involving Tony Stewart in which he struck and killed fellow driver Kevin Ward Jr. who was on-foot at the time. As the story goes, Ward left his damaged vehicle following an accident with Stewart and in an anger-driven attempt to confront Stewart, he was hit by the back-right wheel of Stewart’s car.

The aftermath of this, besides the unfortunate death of 20-year-old Ward, was Stewart being question by police and eventually pulling himself from race contention at Watkins Glen on Sunday. Early reports from multiple sources, including the Ontario County sheriffs department were that Stewart was going to continue on without any charges being filed against him. However, a conversation that legal analyst Rob Becker had during a live broadcast on Fox Sports 1 might change the minds of some fans.

During his conversation with a Fox Sports 1 anchor, Becker made multiple points on evidence he managed to gather himself. He used the professional opinion of another sprint-car driver, who was present for the race when the incident happened, and according to Becker the driver claimed that “Stewart would’ve been able to see Ward and he nevertheless hit the throttle right at that moment, what happens when you that throttle is that car will move toward the right. This means that Stewart had to know that is he hit the throttle with a man standing on the dirt to his right, that there’d be a good chance of the car hitting him.”

“To me, that’s reckless homicide. That’s manslaughter in the second-degree which is when you know that there is a risk of someone dying and you take this risk anyway…second degree manslaughter at the minimum,” said Becker.

According to New York State Statutes, which is the state in which the incident occurred, second-degree manslaughter could land a person in prison for one to 15 years.

Povero is making excuses for what happened.

Povero said visibility was a factor: Not only was the track poorly lit, but Ward was wearing a dark fire suit and black helmet at the time. He also said Stewart fully cooperated with investigators, and was distraught over Ward’s death.
Tony Stewart Skips Another Race, Investigation Could Take 'Months'

SMOKE
Profile

Smoke Timothy Burke
8/10/14 12:34am
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Go to permalink
WAS AT SPEEDWAY AND RIGHT NEAR TONY STEWARTS RACE HAULER.AFTER HE CAME IN HE HAD THE CREW CHAGE HIS RIGHT REAR TIRE .THEY ENDED UP PUTTING A LEFT ONE ON. COPS WERE TOLD ABOUT IT SO HOPEFULLY THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. HE ALSO HAD A GO PRO CAMERA ON HIS CAR HOPEFULLY THEY CONFISCATE THAT ALSO BEFORE THAT GETS DESTROYED. HEARD THE YOUNG DRIVER DIDN'T MAKE IT AND I HOPE IT'S NOT TRUE BUT THEY WOULDN'T BRING TONY OUT UNTIL ALL OTHER HAULERS WERE GONE .ALOT OF POLICE AROUND HIS HAULER ALONG WITH HIS PERSONEL SECURITY. HOPE IF THIS IS ALL TRUE WHAT HAPPENED ON THE TRACK THAT HE DOESN'T GET AWAY WITH IT. HE FINALLY LET HIS TEMPER GET THE BEST OF HIM........

“This was not a NASCAR race and they don't have radios and spotters at these events.”

The quote above is something that is commonly said. But, if you just look at the rule book. You see there are no prohibitions on such things.

http://canandaiguamotorsportspark.co...neralrules.pdf

This last article documents that there was a rivalry between TS and Kevin Ward. It makes the claim that TS did not know he made Kevin crash seem very doubtful. He did not know he caused the crash of a man he was feuding with? Come on?

Death of Kevin Ward Jr. blamed on rivalry he had with NASCAR champ Tony Stewart
Charlie Dorn, 21, said Stewart and Ward had clashed in previous races. Another racer, Tyler Graves, said Stewart could have avoided mowing down his rival. Stewart, a NASCAR star, has a brash driving style that earned him the nickname Smoke. He also has a long history of burning up the asphalt with his temper.
Death of Kevin Ward Jr. blamed on rivalry he had with NASCAR champ Tony Stewart - NY Daily News

P.S. Guys if you want to talk about my arguments, the articles and links posted I am up for that but not anything else.
A whole lot of falsehoods/lies in what you have posted. The track for one isnt the one who makes the rules about no radios, its the sanctioning body. You should try to educate yourself before you start claiming to "know". Because you cleary do NOT know very much, and almost nothing about racing in general. Try asking sometime instead of pretending you know. Pretending just makes you look like a foolish "hater".
 
Old 08-26-2014, 12:28 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,917 times
Reputation: 69
This is track rule #36.

36. For the 2014 Season, One way Radios will be mandatory in all divisions. The
Frequency used will be 454.0000.

It looks like they are making rules about radios to me.

There does not appear to be any rule banning the use of a two way radio by the sanctioning body either. If anyone else can find it, I would appreciate it. Please point it out to me.
http://www.empiresupersprints.com/20...14%20Rules.pdf

Last edited by Spinoza 1454; 08-26-2014 at 12:40 PM..
 
Old 08-26-2014, 03:46 PM
 
32,468 posts, read 26,339,737 times
Reputation: 19100
spinoza, you keep posting a lot of rubbish, most of which is hearsay evidence. do you understand that hearsay evidence is NOT admissible in court for good reason? and again you are only going on the speculation of others, who also DO NOT have any evidence of wrong doing on tonys part. so again, you are making assumptions based on virtually nothing except your interpretation of the so called video evidence, and the posting them as facts. and each time you do this, you further embarrass yourself and lose even more credibility.

that said, there is always a possibility of criminal charges that MIGHT be pressed against stewart, but until the investigation has run its course, there are NO charges pending, and tony is until convicted, innocent, since in this country we at least try to believe that a man is innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law, not the court of public opinion.
 
Old 08-26-2014, 05:12 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,523 posts, read 5,128,386 times
Reputation: 4324
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
spinoza, you keep posting a lot of rubbish, most of which is hearsay evidence. do you understand that hearsay evidence is NOT admissible in court for good reason? and again you are only going on the speculation of others, who also DO NOT have any evidence of wrong doing on tonys part. so again, you are making assumptions based on virtually nothing except your interpretation of the so called video evidence, and the posting them as facts. and each time you do this, you further embarrass yourself and lose even more credibility.

that said, there is always a possibility of criminal charges that MIGHT be pressed against stewart, but until the investigation has run its course, there are NO charges pending, and tony is until convicted, innocent, since in this country we at least try to believe that a man is innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law, not the court of public opinion.


Estimated time when they will conclude their investigation is either tomorrow or the next day. Other than reporting whether they believe it to be an accident or intentional, there is no set estimated time for releasing any information relating to the incident or the investigation.

We may learn if they consider it to be accidental or intentional, but, we 'may' not be told why/how the investigation team came to their conclusion for awhile .. though I'm sure the media will make up their own stories about the how the team came to their conclusion.
 
Old 08-26-2014, 05:12 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,311,001 times
Reputation: 8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
The fix has been in on this case since day one. Tmz Sports reported the day after the murder that no audio or video evidence was collected. This is strange because it was reported on the night of the murder that a GoPro camera was on his car at the deadspin website by eyewitnesses. Tmz Sports reported that it was common knowledge in racing circles that Tony always used a GoPro camera to record his races. So, where is the camera? Evidence tampering should also be added to the list of charges against TS. I doubt that there will be an indictment though.

Tony Stewart Investigation -- No Video or Audio Evidence Gathered from Stewart's Team | TMZ.com

Video: Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver During Confrontation, Killing Him
Funny, first you cite this ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
WAS AT SPEEDWAY AND RIGHT NEAR TONY STEWARTS RACE HAULER.AFTER HE CAME IN HE HAD THE CREW CHAGE HIS RIGHT REAR TIRE .THEY ENDED UP PUTTING A LEFT ONE ON. COPS WERE TOLD ABOUT IT SO HOPEFULLY THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. HE ALSO HAD A GO PRO CAMERA ON HIS CAR HOPEFULLY THEY CONFISCATE THAT ALSO BEFORE THAT GETS DESTROYED. HEARD THE YOUNG DRIVER DIDN'T MAKE IT AND I HOPE IT'S NOT TRUE BUT THEY WOULDN'T BRING TONY OUT UNTIL ALL OTHER HAULERS WERE GONE .ALOT OF POLICE AROUND HIS HAULER ALONG WITH HIS PERSONEL SECURITY. HOPE IF THIS IS ALL TRUE WHAT HAPPENED ON THE TRACK THAT HE DOESN'T GET AWAY WITH IT. HE FINALLY LET HIS TEMPER GET THE BEST OF HIM.........
Then contradict with this ^
What were the cops doing? Having some beers with Tony?
 
Old 08-26-2014, 05:17 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,917 times
Reputation: 69
Where is the contradiction? These reports point to there being a cover-up taking place. It looks like Big Money is corrupting things in small town America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Funny, first you cite this ^


Then contradict with this ^
What were the cops doing? Having some beers with Tony?
 
Old 08-26-2014, 05:23 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,311,001 times
Reputation: 8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Where is the contradiction? These reports point to there being a cover-up taking place. It looks like Big Money is corrupting things in small town America.
Oh, I get it. The police hanging around his hauler were there to help cover up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top