U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-27-2014, 03:23 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,880 times
Reputation: 69

Advertisements

You are not proving your contention.

This is the definition of corroborate: to support with evidence or authority : make more certain.
Corroborate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Deadspin reported this

Quote:
SMOKE
Profile

Smoke Timothy Burke
8/10/14 12:34am
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Go to permalink
WAS AT SPEEDWAY AND RIGHT NEAR TONY STEWARTS RACE HAULER.AFTER HE CAME IN HE HAD THE CREW CHAGE HIS RIGHT REAR TIRE .THEY ENDED UP PUTTING A LEFT ONE ON. COPS WERE TOLD ABOUT IT SO HOPEFULLY THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. HE ALSO HAD A GO PRO CAMERA ON HIS CAR HOPEFULLY THEY CONFISCATE THAT ALSO BEFORE THAT GETS DESTROYED. HEARD THE YOUNG DRIVER DIDN'T MAKE IT AND I HOPE IT'S NOT TRUE BUT THEY WOULDN'T BRING TONY OUT UNTIL ALL OTHER HAULERS WERE GONE .ALOT OF POLICE AROUND HIS HAULER ALONG WITH HIS PERSONEL SECURITY. HOPE IF THIS IS ALL TRUE WHAT HAPPENED ON THE TRACK THAT HE DOESN'T GET AWAY WITH IT. HE FINALLY LET HIS TEMPER GET THE BEST OF HIM........
Tmz reported this.
Quote:
Investigators collected ZERO video from Tony Stewart and Kevin Ward Jr.'s race teams after Saturday night's tragedy because the Sheriff says it does not exist -- which TMZ Sports has learned is a little strange.

Ontario County Sheriff Philip Povero tells TMZ Sports they checked Stewart's #14 sprint car -- and Ward's #13 -- to see if there was mini-cam footage of the moment the NASCAR superstar barreled into Ward ... but came up with zilch.

It's odd because we're told -- by multiple sources in the racing world -- Stewart commonly has a mini-camera of some sort mounted on his cars when he races on smaller dirt tracks like Canandaigua. We've made multiple calls to Stewart's racing teams, but have not heard back.

The sheriff also told us there were no recordings of communication between Stewart and his pit crew -- though our sources say that's standard ops for a small race not airing on TV.

That lack of evidence perhaps explains why the sheriff has made several pleas to the public for any footage of the incident. It's simply not clear from the YouTube footage already out there if Stewart was reckless.

Read more: Tony Stewart Investigation -- No Video or Audio Evidence Gathered from Stewart's Team | TMZ.com
This is corroboration because Tmz's report saying that, "we're told -- by multiple sources in the racing world -- Stewart commonly has a mini-camera of some sort mounted on his cars when he races on smaller dirt tracks like Canandaigua." corroborates the eyewitness report at deadspin saying, "HE ALSO HAD A GO PRO CAMERA ON HIS CAR".

If it is known that Stewart commonly has a mini-camera on his car that strengthens or corroborates the eyewitness account that he saw a GoPro on his car.

So, rbohm how about just admit that this is a case of corroboration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well we have found another thing you know nothing about. the associated press, and the united press both send out news over an international wire service that news agencies around the world subscribe to. why? because it is far less expensive than having people around the world working just looking for news stories for each individual news agency. the same thing goes for TMZ and other news rags. and once a story gets out on the wires, if once agency picks it up and runs with it, the others of the like follow along so as not to miss out on viewership.

 
Old 08-27-2014, 03:57 PM
 
32,460 posts, read 26,325,155 times
Reputation: 19088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
You are not proving your contention.

This is the definition of corroborate: to support with evidence or authority : make more certain.
Corroborate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Deadspin reported this



Tmz reported this.


This is corroboration because Tmz's report saying that, "we're told -- by multiple sources in the racing world -- Stewart commonly has a mini-camera of some sort mounted on his cars when he races on smaller dirt tracks like Canandaigua." corroborates the eyewitness report at deadspin saying, "HE ALSO HAD A GO PRO CAMERA ON HIS CAR".

If it is known that Stewart commonly has a mini-camera on his car that strengthens or corroborates the eyewitness account that he saw a GoPro on his car.

So, rbohm how about just admit that this is a case of corroboration?
so because TMZ reports something it obviously has to be true, especially if they say they have multiple sources. it couldnt be because TMZ might be lying to sensationalize the story? please. get a grip.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 04:06 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,880 times
Reputation: 69
The story is corroborated. That's what was at issue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so because TMZ reports something it obviously has to be true, especially if they say they have multiple sources. it couldnt be because TMZ might be lying to sensationalize the story? please. get a grip.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 04:16 PM
 
32,460 posts, read 26,325,155 times
Reputation: 19088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
The story is corroborated. That's what was at issue here.
riiiiight, its one rag corroborating a story from another rag. TMZ and the other "corroborating" news outlet are not exactly the top of the heap when it comes to news. in fact when you find the bottom of the heap, dig down further and you might find them. so please stop with this corroborating story crap from these "news" agencies. they are rubbish gossip companies at best.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 04:48 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,307,608 times
Reputation: 8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
You are not responding to what I am saying. Instead you resort to insults.

I said this, " I believe that the reports from Tmz Sports and deadspin are true. Do you believe they are conspiring against Stewart with their reports?" You have not shown that these reports are false. Why would they lie about it?

Explain the disappearance of the GoPro camera? People saw it where is it?

More Ad Hominem arguments from you. I am not hurling insults at you. Why can't you keep things civil?

Now answer the question about the GoPro.

It is usually the case that the man that resorts to abusive remarks in lieu of an actual argument is the man losing the debate.
Where's the photo of the Go Pro? Where is any solid first hand evidence you can provide that supports your theory?
If the police were surrounding the hauler then the tire, camera, & everything else would be confiscated as evidence. You claim there is a cover up due to his celebrity status, yet the investigation is taking too long in your opinion further fueling your suspicion of a cover up. You insinuate because of Tony's celeb status the investigation should be concluded by now. Never mind the other investigations that were ongoing before this accident; those should be kicked to the side.
If there is a cover up the investigation would have been completed by now. There is a rule when it comes to conspiracies; the fewer that know the better chance of success. If there were a cover up then a faster conclusion would benefit Tony, not the other way around.

Put in this way, if the District Attorney finds evidence to charge TS, then so be it. If he is convicted of said charges, so be it. Same thing if it goes the other way and unlike you I won't be sitting here crying conspiracy or cover up if no charges are pressed. Why? Because nothing Tony Stewart does has any affect on my life. I watched him win 3 championships and I still had to go work a crappy job the next morning. I also watched him crash out of races and I still had to go to work the next morning.
If you want to believe the reports that satisfy your inner convictions, that's your prerogative and your opinion, which you should not be confused as fact.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 05:02 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,880 times
Reputation: 69
You don't got to like the source. The fact is the story has corroboration. Believing there is evidence tampering in this case is not an unreasonable position to hold. I assert that outlets like deadspin and Tmz are more accurate in such cases. There is a lot of corruption in the press. It has been this way forever. If you think that big money does not have any influence over what is reported in media, then you have a really naive point of view. NASCAR and Tony's big pockets are definitely working behind the scenes.

I suggest you read Into The Buzzsaw and take a look at Project Censored.

Into The Buzzsaw: LEADING JOURNALISTS EXPOSE THE MYTH OF A FREE PRESS: Kristina Borjesson: 9781591022305: Amazon.com: Books
Project Censored — The News that Didn't Make the News and Why

The Monday following the "accident" ESPN was running stories putting the track and the sprint car on trial. They all have been basically giving Tony's point of view. Every news outlets run the stories about Tony's supposed grieving every time he cancels a race completely unquestioningly. I bet they are basically publishing Tony's PR representative Mike Arning's press releases verbatim. NO one in the media is questioning the grieving narrative. Tony is a man that went from "bidness as usual" to immense grief in the space of a few hours. The press is corrupt. There is no one speaking for Kevin Ward in the media. In fact everyone is out to paint him as the one in the wrong. They want to make it out that Kevin is responsible for his own murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
riiiiight, its one rag corroborating a story from another rag. TMZ and the other "corroborating" news outlet are not exactly the top of the heap when it comes to news. in fact when you find the bottom of the heap, dig down further and you might find them. so please stop with this corroborating story crap from these "news" agencies. they are rubbish gossip companies at best.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 05:15 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,307,608 times
Reputation: 8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
You don't got to like the source. The fact is the story has corroboration. Believing there is evidence tampering in this case is not an unreasonable position to hold. I assert that outlets like deadspin and Tmz are more accurate in such cases. There is a lot of corruption in the press. It has been this way forever. If you think that big money does not have any influence over what is reported in media, then you have a really naive point of view. NASCAR and Tony's big pockets are definitely working behind the scenes.

I suggest you read Into The Buzzsaw and take a look at Project Censored.

Into The Buzzsaw: LEADING JOURNALISTS EXPOSE THE MYTH OF A FREE PRESS: Kristina Borjesson: 9781591022305: Amazon.com: Books
Project Censored The News that Didn't Make the News and Why

The Monday following the "accident" ESPN was running stories putting the track and the sprint car on trial. They all have been basically giving Tony's point of view. Every news outlets run the stories about Tony's supposed grieving every time he cancels a race completely unquestioningly. I bet they are basically publishing Tony's PR representative Mike Arning's press releases verbatim. NO one in the media is questioning the grieving narrative. Tony is a man that went from "bidness as usual" to immense grief in the space of a few hours. The press is corrupt. There is no one speaking for Kevin Ward in the media. In fact everyone is out to paint him as the one in the wrong. They want to make it out that Kevin is responsible for his own murder.
Meanwhile the major new outlets were lambasting Tony. The video of him throwing his helmet at Kennseth and saying he was going to run his ass over and scrapping with Logano were on a seemingly continuous loop. The most despicable was CBS who couldn't be bothered to bring in a person with knowledge of racing for an analysis.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 05:26 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,880 times
Reputation: 69
Tony's hot head status precedes him. The majority of the press has been very favorable. They have basically have painted the whole thing to be an accident. There is nothing in the way of investigative reporting going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Meanwhile the major new outlets were lambasting Tony. The video of him throwing his helmet at Kennseth and saying he was going to run his ass over and scrapping with Logano were on a seemingly continuous loop. The most despicable was CBS who couldn't be bothered to bring in a person with knowledge of racing for an analysis.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 05:27 PM
 
32,460 posts, read 26,325,155 times
Reputation: 19088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
You don't got to like the source. The fact is the story has corroboration. Believing there is evidence tampering in this case is not an unreasonable position to hold. I assert that outlets like deadspin and Tmz are more accurate in such cases. There is a lot of corruption in the press. It has been this way forever. If you think that big money does not have any influence over what is reported in media, then you have a really naive point of view. NASCAR and Tony's big pockets are definitely working behind the scenes.

I suggest you read Into The Buzzsaw and take a look at Project Censored.

Into The Buzzsaw: LEADING JOURNALISTS EXPOSE THE MYTH OF A FREE PRESS: Kristina Borjesson: 9781591022305: Amazon.com: Books
Project Censored The News that Didn't Make the News and Why

The Monday following the "accident" ESPN was running stories putting the track and the sprint car on trial. They all have been basically giving Tony's point of view. Every news outlets run the stories about Tony's supposed grieving every time he cancels a race completely unquestioningly. I bet they are basically publishing Tony's PR representative Mike Arning's press releases verbatim. NO one in the media is questioning the grieving narrative. Tony is a man that went from "bidness as usual" to immense grief in the space of a few hours. The press is corrupt. There is no one speaking for Kevin Ward in the media. In fact everyone is out to paint him as the one in the wrong. They want to make it out that Kevin is responsible for his own murder.
so wait, you are claiming that TMZ and this other news outlet are corroborating their stories, and then you claim that there is a lot of corruption in the press. so what, TMZ is clean is snow, and the rest are garbage? come on dude, you are contradicting yourself at every turn, and you dont even see it. if nascars money was buying out the press, then did they somehow miss TMZ? i doubt it, more like you dont have a clue about which you speak. you just pull random garbage out from various "sources" to try and convince everyone that tony is guilty and should be put in jail on variety of charges according to mr lawyer spinoza, who really doesnt have a clue about anything.

nice try but again you are failing.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 05:47 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,523 posts, read 5,126,436 times
Reputation: 4324
Quote:
In this photo you can see that Ward is trying to run up out of the way of Stewarts car.


In this photo you can that Ward in stride running to his left. You see his legs apart.


Here is where I believe that Ward is first struck. His body is already falling down and he has his hands up. His hands are up in the same way that person put their hands to break their fall or block something. This is a reflexive position. There is no way he is grabbing on the wing. He is going on down.
Nope, nope, nope and yep he is grabbing the wing.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=MmusFB_Q8nk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top