U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-27-2014, 05:51 PM
 
204 posts, read 136,098 times
Reputation: 69

Advertisements

You are the one that uses words without having a clue as to what they mean. Yet, I am the one failing here? Ok got it.

You are not getting my point about outlets like Tmz. Big Money does not care about Tmz because they know uncritical people like yourself won't take what they report seriously. It just like the stories from Into The Buzzsaw. There is case after case of the big names in media suppressing stories because they might offend the special interests. The stories cannot get played on the big networks. If the reporter wants to get their story out there, they have to go to less traditional outlets. The fact of the matter is that investigative reporters have to go to outlets like Tmz, if they want to reach a broad audience. That is just how it works in the media today. Hence Tmz is more likely to report on things like the missing camera than say CNN, FOX, ABC etcetera. This does not mean that Tmz is clean as snow. It just means that they are more likely publish certain things because of who they are. The big money interest namely NASCAR will not be offended by Tmz's reporting. That's why they are not buying them out.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so wait, you are claiming that TMZ and this other news outlet are corroborating their stories, and then you claim that there is a lot of corruption in the press. so what, TMZ is clean is snow, and the rest are garbage? come on dude, you are contradicting yourself at every turn, and you dont even see it. if nascars money was buying out the press, then did they somehow miss TMZ? i doubt it, more like you dont have a clue about which you speak. you just pull random garbage out from various "sources" to try and convince everyone that tony is guilty and should be put in jail on variety of charges according to mr lawyer spinoza, who really doesnt have a clue about anything.

nice try but again you are failing.

 
Old 08-27-2014, 06:08 PM
 
32,501 posts, read 26,389,888 times
Reputation: 19153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
You are the one that uses words without having a clue as to what they mean. Yet, I am the one failing here? Ok got it.

You are not getting my point about outlets like Tmz. Big Money does not care about Tmz because they know uncritical people like yourself won't take what they report seriously. It just like the stories from Into The Buzzsaw. There is case after case of the big names in media suppressing stories because they might offend the special interests. The stories cannot get played on the big networks. If the reporter wants to get their story out there, they have to go to less traditional outlets. The fact of the matter is that investigative reporters have to go to outlets like Tmz, if they want to reach a broad audience. That is just how it works in the media today. Hence Tmz is more likely to report on things like the missing camera than say CNN, FOX, ABC etcetera. This does not mean that Tmz is clean as snow. It just means that they are more likely publish certain things because of who they are. The big money interest namely NASCAR will not be offended by Tmz's reporting. That's why they are not buying them out.
TMZ is basically a gossip column, thats all they are. and anything they can find that will add to the gossip is going to go into their reports even if they are not true. if there was a camera on tonys car, you can bet that the police either have it, or they know it was there. you really cant hide a mount for such a camera. and if tony or crew tried to hide such a camera, you can bet there would be a flurry of activity at the courthouse trying to get a hold of said camera, and as far as i know there isnt any such activity. its also likely that if there is such a camera, and it has evidence that would exonerate tony, or even just cast enough doubt on the case, you can bet that footage would have been released and the case would be over.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 06:26 PM
 
204 posts, read 136,098 times
Reputation: 69
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track-gopro-accessory-grab-bag.jpg
GoPro mounts are tiny and easily removable. Even if the mount were left on the car, it could be easily overlooked.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
TMZ is basically a gossip column, thats all they are. and anything they can find that will add to the gossip is going to go into their reports even if they are not true. if there was a camera on tonys car, you can bet that the police either have it, or they know it was there. you really cant hide a mount for such a camera. and if tony or crew tried to hide such a camera, you can bet there would be a flurry of activity at the courthouse trying to get a hold of said camera, and as far as i know there isnt any such activity. its also likely that if there is such a camera, and it has evidence that would exonerate tony, or even just cast enough doubt on the case, you can bet that footage would have been released and the case would be over.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,943 posts, read 19,172,970 times
Reputation: 9175
I don't know why this is even being debated. There are a few fundamental facts here:

1) The universal rule of racing is you do not exit your vehicle during a race unless it is on fire, and in that event you run OFF the track and not ON it.

2) Kevin Ward violated rule #1 because he was a hot headed moron.

3) Regardless of whether he jumped at Stewart's car (which I now believe is what happened) or simply got too far onto the track in his rage and inadvertently got run over, it is ultimately irrelevant. There is no one to blame for Ward's death other than Kevin Ward himself. He is a lock for this year's Darwin award.

4) There will be no criminal charges against Tony Stewart. Kevin Ward's parents might try a civil suit, but that would be a lost case as well with the only hope of payment being a settlement if Stewart's attorneys deem that fighting the case would be more costly.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 10:15 PM
 
204 posts, read 136,098 times
Reputation: 69
Your universal rule does not appear in the track's rule book or the rule book of the sanctioning body. There might be a recommendation. But, there is not any rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I don't know why this is even being debated. There are a few fundamental facts here:

1) The universal rule of racing is you do not exit your vehicle during a race unless it is on fire, and in that event you run OFF the track and not ON it.

2) Kevin Ward violated rule #1 because he was a hot headed moron.

3) Regardless of whether he jumped at Stewart's car (which I now believe is what happened) or simply got too far onto the track in his rage and inadvertently got run over, it is ultimately irrelevant. There is no one to blame for Ward's death other than Kevin Ward himself. He is a lock for this year's Darwin award.

4) There will be no criminal charges against Tony Stewart. Kevin Ward's parents might try a civil suit, but that would be a lost case as well with the only hope of payment being a settlement if Stewart's attorneys deem that fighting the case would be more costly.
 
Old 08-27-2014, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,943 posts, read 19,172,970 times
Reputation: 9175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Your universal rule does not appear in the track's rule book or the rule book of the sanctioning body. There might be a recommendation. But, there is not any rule.
It is an absolutely universal rule (or common ****ing sense, if that makes you feel better) of ANY motorsport. I have about 100 passes down a drag strip and know of this rule. Whether it was actually codified in their rule book is irrelevant. Kevin Ward was profoundly stupid and ignored the rule, and it resulted in Tony Stewart splattering his ass across the track.

You might as well let it go. You clearly have no experience or understanding of motorsports and there have been no objective facts to support your assertion that Tony Stewart hit Ward intentionally.
 
Old 08-28-2014, 12:47 AM
 
204 posts, read 136,098 times
Reputation: 69
If it is not in the rule book, it's not a rule. Everyone that says this stuff is blaming the victim. It is not Kevin Ward's fault that Stewart gassed the car and murdered him. I am just curious. Would you blame your daughter for getting raped, if she wore a short dress the night of her rape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
It is an absolutely universal rule (or common ****ing sense, if that makes you feel better) of ANY motorsport. I have about 100 passes down a drag strip and know of this rule. Whether it was actually codified in their rule book is irrelevant. Kevin Ward was profoundly stupid and ignored the rule, and it resulted in Tony Stewart splattering his ass across the track.

You might as well let it go. You clearly have no experience or understanding of motorsports and there have been no objective facts to support your assertion that Tony Stewart hit Ward intentionally.
 
Old 08-28-2014, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Twin Lakes /Taconic / Salisbury
2,256 posts, read 3,542,813 times
Reputation: 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
If it is not in the rule book, it's not a rule. Everyone that says this stuff is blaming the victim. It is not Kevin Ward's fault that Stewart gassed the car and murdered him. I am just curious. Would you blame your daughter for getting raped, if she wore a short dress the night of her rape?
Another illustration of your ignorance of the sport. Theres plenty of tracks around the country that have plenty of rules not written in a book that violation of will get you fined or banned from participation. Happens every day at racetracks allover the world. All you have to do is violate one directive given during a drivers meeting to be punished. At a track it most certainly does NOT have to be in writing to be an enforceable rule. Anyone who has one race under their belt knows that is a fact of the sport.

Its Kevin Wards fault for running out into traffic while not thinking straight and all charged up emotionally. Just like when a drunk knows no better and wanders out into street traffic. When not impaired by substances or a juvenile emotional tirade both know that running out into traffic is a very unwise and unsafe thing to do, yet when not thinking clearly they lose sight of self preservation and do something incredibly foolish.
In the instance of someone running into traffic only a complete moron would be surprised that such an action would commonly end in great bodily injury or death. Just as you would not be shocked by someone being struck by a bullet when running out onto a live target range, being struck by a car in this circumstance is entirely predictable if youre smarter than the average summer squash.

You obviously have your own agenda Spinoza, as since your sign up to the forum your first 3 pages of posts were on this one subject. Im surprised you find enough time to have these concerns being so busy sexually abusing young alter boys with priests as I read about you doing from several sources earlier on. In the end though, only God can judge both you and Tony Stewart after any misdeeds so theres that.
 
Old 08-28-2014, 10:54 AM
 
204 posts, read 136,098 times
Reputation: 69
This is obviously a "Do as I say not as I do" kind of command. How is that ignore function working for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
People, do not engage this troll who signed up on the forum for the express purpose of spouting nonsense on a subject that they clearly have a preset agenda on and have very little knowledge of.

This troll already got the same thread in the Automotive forum shutdown, better to ignore the baiter. Ignore function works wonderfully.
 
Old 08-28-2014, 11:09 AM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,524 posts, read 5,134,253 times
Reputation: 4324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
This is obviously a "Do as I say not as I do" kind of command. How is that ignore function working for you?
Why should you care?

Unless it's for baiting purposes, which is what it appears to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top