U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-29-2014, 09:11 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,858 times
Reputation: 69

Advertisements

I am calling BS on this. You know I think you are full of it. Let's stop going in circles here and agree to disagree. OK mister dirt track "expert"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you are again very very wrong. a prepared dirt track is NOTHING like a dirt road, as i have said many many times before. a properly prepared dirt track has a surface very much like wet clay, not a hard packed dirt road. they are two very different surfaces, but again you wouldnt know that because you have never been to a dirt track race have you?

 
Old 08-29-2014, 09:24 PM
 
32,452 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Reputation: 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
I am calling BS on this. You know I think you are full of it. Let's stop going in circles here and agree to disagree. OK mister dirt track "expert"?
i can see you didnt even bother to read the articles i linked to. you know, guys that are even MORE expert than i am in that area. read the damn articles you might learn something.
 
Old 08-29-2014, 09:37 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,858 times
Reputation: 69
Your claims of wet clay just don't make sense. A dirt road cannot be too wet because you wouldn't get any traction and would be all over the place. The dirt is going to be compacted down as well after tens of vehicles run around on it for hours. It just doesn't fly that dirt tracks are substantially different from dirt roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i can see you didnt even bother to read the articles i linked to. you know, guys that are even MORE expert than i am in that area. read the damn articles you might learn something.
 
Old 08-29-2014, 09:59 PM
 
32,452 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Reputation: 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Your claims of wet clay just don't make sense. A dirt road cannot be too wet because you wouldn't get any traction and would be all over the place. The dirt is going to be compacted down as well after tens of vehicles run around on it for hours. It just doesn't fly that dirt tracks are substantially different from dirt roads.
again you did not read the articles, that is exactly how a dirt track for racing is prepared, WITH A LOT OF WATER. they literally have six inches of mud that is a very think clay like consistency as the track surface. read the articles.
 
Old 08-29-2014, 10:18 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,858 times
Reputation: 69
Six inches of mud sound like too way much water. Here is a quote from an article on how dirt tracks are prepped. There is no way there was that much mud on the track where Stewart hit Ward. When Ward comes out of the vehicle he is not slipping and sliding all over the place. Dirt tracks are no different from dirt roads. The same freaking equipment is used to prep both of them. The dirt track was not an issue. Tony Stewart aiming his car at Ward and hitting the gas is what the problem was.

Quote:
Sun and wind evaporates the moisture, rainfall adds additional moisture content to the soil. Promoters adjust by controlling the only element that they can, which is the amount of water they put on the track. “Too much water causes problems, especially with high powered sprint cars,” states Kazarian. “If you have a track with too much water deeper in the track, sprint car tires will dig at dirt until the track gets rutted up. Too little water causes a dry-slick or one line racing surface, which can become dusty and very unfriendly to fans watching the racing.”
An Inside Look At Preparing A Dirt Track For Race Night | OneDirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
again you did not read the articles, that is exactly how a dirt track for racing is prepared, WITH A LOT OF WATER. they literally have six inches of mud that is a very think clay like consistency as the track surface. read the articles.
 
Old 08-29-2014, 10:24 PM
 
32,452 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Reputation: 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Six inches of mud sound like too way much water. Here is a quote from an article on how dirt tracks are prepped. There is no way there was that much mud on the track where Stewart hit Ward. When Ward comes out of the vehicle he is not slipping and sliding all over the place. Dirt tracks are no different from dirt roads. The same freaking equipment is used to prep both of them. The dirt track was not an issue. Tony Stewart aiming his car at Ward and hitting the gas is what the problem was.
again you show your complete ignorance.
 
Old 08-29-2014, 10:40 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,858 times
Reputation: 69
OK Mr. dirt track "expert." I just posted a quote from an article that shows that too much water is bad for the kind of sprint cars we are talking about. How about you actually use some documentation to back up your claims? You are obviously too lazy. You don't even have the class to punctuate your posts.

The thing is there was not that much mud where Kevin was. He was not slipping around or getting his feet stuck in the mud. So, you point is moot. Those were not the conditions on the track that night. So, stop making it into something it is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
again you show your complete ignorance.

Last edited by Spinoza 1454; 08-30-2014 at 12:04 AM..
 
Old 08-30-2014, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Twin Lakes /Taconic / Salisbury
2,256 posts, read 3,537,580 times
Reputation: 1857
This young kid just showed what a complete moron he is. Dirt road is the same as a dirt track.. lol.. rigghttt.. thats why so much $$ is spent on bringing in just the right mixture of clay and sandy dirt instead of just digging it up from anywhere. If a dirt road had the same mixture and it wasnt prepped daily people would be in the ditch left and right from the surface eventually turning slick like ice. He has obviously never stood on a racetrack himself, prob never even seen one in real life and most certainly has never spent time racing on one or building and/or prepping one.


You know only an 11-13 year old has this kind of lack of knowledge and maturity where they cannot even acknowledge being wrong and their only recourse is to stoop to posting vid clips of movies that were made 40 years before they were born.
All throughout history, frustrated teenagers have always thought they "knew it all". Some things never change.
 
Old 08-30-2014, 11:59 AM
 
204 posts, read 135,858 times
Reputation: 69
Oh another f*cking dirt track "expert" . The inbreeding is strong with you, obviously on a see-food diet also. But, I digress. Lose some weight dude.

Now let's do some thinking. I know this maybe hard for you. But, I am patient and have worked with the intellectually disabled "special" people before. OK now let's talk dirt roads. When they go and get that dirt that you think is so special do you think they drive on paved yellow brick road to get it? OR is it a dirt road they drive their dump-trucks on to go get that "special" dirt? I know that thinking is hard for you. That's why I am here to help you. It's a dirt road. Now let's do some more thinking. What properties do you think that dirt road, where they got the dirt from, has? Now let's do some remembering now. This is the same dirt that the track is made out of. So, what does that mean? Let's think now I know it's hard for you but come on I know you can do it. I mean you are a dirt track "expert" after all. OK, OK, OK, I know this is hard for you But, I am here to help you. So, I will give you the answer. The dirt road that leads up to the place they get that dirt you think is so special has the same properties as the dirt the track they are going make with it. WOW. You know what that means? There are some dirt roads that have the same properties as dirt tracks! I know amazing. I bet you are sitting in front of your computer, tablet, or cell phone looking at the screen like a dog that has just been shown a card trick.

I know when you hear the word "special" you immediately think of the Colonel's secret recipe. But, the dirt is not that special. There are dirt roads that have the same properties as the tracks you think are so special.

The thing is though. It does not matter. The track was not a factor in this case. Because they were going 35 miles an hour. There was not six inches of mud where the accident happened either. And, the same equipment is used to maintain a dirt track is the same equipment used to maintain a dirt road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
This young kid just showed what a complete moron he is. Dirt road is the same as a dirt track.. lol.. rigghttt.. thats why so much $$ is spent on bringing in just the right mixture of clay and sandy dirt instead of just digging it up from anywhere. If a dirt road had the same mixture and it wasnt prepped daily people would be in the ditch left and right from the surface eventually turning slick like ice. He has obviously never stood on a racetrack himself, prob never even seen one in real life and most certainly has never spent time racing on one or building and/or prepping one.


You know only an 11-13 year old has this kind of lack of knowledge and maturity where they cannot even acknowledge being wrong and their only recourse is to stoop to posting vid clips of movies that were made 40 years before they were born.
All throughout history, frustrated teenagers have always thought they "knew it all". Some things never change.
 
Old 08-30-2014, 12:04 PM
 
32,452 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Reputation: 19061
spinoza, you lack of intelligence never ceases to amaze me. perhaps one day you will actually go out to a dirt track inn your area, and get out on the track itself after it has been prepared for racing, and see just how different it is from a dirt road. or you can remain forever ignorant pf how things really work, your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top