U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-30-2014, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,120 posts, read 7,598,153 times
Reputation: 6218

Advertisements

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it's an asphalt road that brings the clay.. But it is a dirt road from the pits to the track..

 
Old 08-30-2014, 07:31 PM
 
204 posts, read 136,824 times
Reputation: 69
Yeah, so, tell me dirt track "expert" is it a dirt road or the yellow brick road that leads up to the place that you get this dirt?

Hmm, I wonder why since you are so intelligent, you can't answer my question?

There are dirt roads made out of the exact same dirt used at dirt tracks. The article your brain trust posted clearly stated they haul in dirt and use it to make the track.

The cars were going 35 MPH not 100+. That's why your whole you need to understand the track argument is a RED HERRING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
If I thought you were even remotely capable of understanding it, I would try to explain slopes and the physics that brings into play when race cars are hurtling around it at 100+ mph.

You mad though, and not very smart either.



Whoa! Listen to this internet tough guy!

Too bad you've been getting clowned on EVERYWHERE I've seen you post.
 
Old 08-30-2014, 07:44 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,530 posts, read 5,160,340 times
Reputation: 4327
^ Anyone else hear a strange blah , blah , blah noise?

=======================================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Hey! if one stares at this post long enough while squinting, you can see a ghostly schooner manned by mermaids sailing torwards the full moon followed by a herd of white, winged horses
This post by Ghengis still has me laughing ..... "I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there" -- Larry the Cable Guy
 
Old 08-30-2014, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,930 posts, read 19,251,089 times
Reputation: 9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Yeah, so, tell me dirt track "expert" is it a dirt road or the yellow brick road that leads up to the place that you get this dirt?
That's like the 4th time I've seen you use that line. You are not even remotely witty, which would at least earn you some faint respect.

Quote:
Hmm, I wonder why since you are so intelligent, you can't answer my question?

There are dirt roads made out of the exact same dirt used at dirt tracks. The article your brain trust posted clearly stated they haul in dirt and use it to make the track.
The fact that you are so concerned with the composition of the dirt really shows how dumb you are.

Quote:
The cars were going 35 MPH not 100+. That's why your whole you need to understand the track argument is a RED HERRING.
At the time the accident happened? Yes. The speeds are over 100mph during the race, which is what I was talking about. Still, if you think those forces aren't in play to a lesser degree at those speeds...well, we've already established you're dumb.
 
Old 08-30-2014, 08:54 PM
 
32,622 posts, read 26,596,605 times
Reputation: 19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Yeah, so, tell me dirt track "expert" is it a dirt road or the yellow brick road that leads up to the place that you get this dirt?
boring!!!!!

Quote:
Hmm, I wonder why since you are so intelligent, you can't answer my question?
because some tracks have nice dirt with just the right amount of clay in the soil, and others have to truck the dirt in and lay it down on the track area.

Quote:
There are dirt roads made out of the exact same dirt used at dirt tracks. The article your brain trust posted clearly stated they haul in dirt and use it to make the track.
true, SOME tracks haul the dirt in, usually from a quarry somewhere. other tracks have dirt that already fits the needs of the intended track surface, thus they just have to prepare the surface.

Quote:
The cars were going 35 MPH not 100+. That's why your whole you need to understand the track argument is a RED HERRING.
not true at all, at 35 or 135, it doesnt matter, the track surface is designed to be slippery, and the cars are designed to be evil handling.
 
Old 08-30-2014, 09:05 PM
 
204 posts, read 136,824 times
Reputation: 69
OK, Mister dirt track "expert" what ever you say. I live for the adoration and respect of the toothless hillbilly Joe six-pack who only gets off his daughter to enjoy watching a dirt track race.

You people are the ones claiming that the composition of the dirt is so important. I only bring it up to show that there are dirt roads that are made out of the same dirt. Apparently you hillbillies think when that dirt is laid out in an oval something magical happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's like the 4th time I've seen you use that line. You are not even remotely witty, which would at least earn you some faint respect.

The fact that you are so concerned with the composition of the dirt really shows how dumb you are.



At the time the accident happened? Yes. The speeds are over 100mph during the race, which is what I was talking about. Still, if you think those forces aren't in play to a lesser degree at those speeds...well, we've already established you're dumb.

Last edited by Spinoza 1454; 08-30-2014 at 09:13 PM..
 
Old 08-30-2014, 09:10 PM
 
204 posts, read 136,824 times
Reputation: 69
Yeah, that surface was really slippery that night. Kevin Ward was slipping and sliding all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
boring!!!!!



because some tracks have nice dirt with just the right amount of clay in the soil, and others have to truck the dirt in and lay it down on the track area.



true, SOME tracks haul the dirt in, usually from a quarry somewhere. other tracks have dirt that already fits the needs of the intended track surface, thus they just have to prepare the surface.



not true at all, at 35 or 135, it doesnt matter, the track surface is designed to be slippery, and the cars are designed to be evil handling.
 
Old 08-30-2014, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,120 posts, read 7,598,153 times
Reputation: 6218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Apparently you hillbillies think when that dirt is laid out in an oval something magical happens.
Oh, you have that right... Go to your local track and watch sprint cars run around it.. It is magical.....
 
Old 08-30-2014, 09:46 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,530 posts, read 5,160,340 times
Reputation: 4327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You are not even remotely witty
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
boring!!!!!
Completely agree (and was thinking the exact same) with both comments. If someone wants to be a troll they should at least be entertaining, instead of being witless and boring .. there oughta be a law about that.
 
Old 08-30-2014, 09:53 PM
 
204 posts, read 136,824 times
Reputation: 69
Yeah, that must be why you keep responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Completely agree (and was thinking the exact same) with both comments. If someone wants to be a troll they should at least be entertaining, instead of being witless and boring .. there oughta be a law about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top