U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-30-2014, 10:18 PM
 
32,462 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Reputation: 19100

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Yeah, that surface was really slippery that night. Kevin Ward was slipping and sliding all over the place.
did it ever occur to you that perhaps these guys are constantly walking on said prepared dirt track, and as such they have developed their "sea legs" as it were? thus they can walk on the track fairly easily without slipping and sliding all over the place?

no of course that wouldnt occur to you, because you dont think.

 
Old 08-30-2014, 11:55 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,887 times
Reputation: 69
Yes, sea-legs that must be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
did it ever occur to you that perhaps these guys are constantly walking on said prepared dirt track, and as such they have developed their "sea legs" as it were? thus they can walk on the track fairly easily without slipping and sliding all over the place?

no of course that wouldnt occur to you, because you dont think.
 
Old 08-31-2014, 12:37 AM
 
32,462 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Reputation: 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Yes, sea-legs that must be it.
i am debating whether i should educate you on the term sea legs or not.
 
Old 08-31-2014, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,930 posts, read 19,151,835 times
Reputation: 9165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
OK, Mister dirt track "expert" what ever you say. I live for the adoration and respect of the toothless hillbilly Joe six-pack who only gets off his daughter to enjoy watching a dirt track race.

You people are the ones claiming that the composition of the dirt is so important. I only bring it up to show that there are dirt roads that are made out of the same dirt. Apparently you hillbillies think when that dirt is laid out in an oval something magical happens.


Yep.
 
Old 08-31-2014, 11:54 AM
 
Location: FL
1,400 posts, read 1,256,997 times
Reputation: 1997
I saw Tony's interview yesterday and he looks just awful, very troubled and like he hasn't had a good nights sleep in a long time. It's obviously affected him very deeply. I think anyone that thinks he did that on purpose or had even a scintilla of intent to kill Ward is nuts. You know a sad part about it is he could easily get in a private jet and spend his off time at his home or any number of selfish ways but instead he chooses to go race with the locals because he loves to race and just his presence boosts attendance and helps out the short tracks, many of which are struggling to stay afloat nowadays.

I believe some folks are drawing inaccurate conclusions about what they see on that video. I grew up around short track racing with my Dad having street stocks up to sprint cars and every class in between and I must have heard it a million times whether he was loading the car in the trailer, in the pits,wherever..."stay the hell out of the way because you can't move fast enough to get out of their way". That young man should've known better and you can't put this on Tony.
 
Old 08-31-2014, 01:11 PM
 
32,462 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Reputation: 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I saw Tony's interview yesterday and he looks just awful, very troubled and like he hasn't had a good nights sleep in a long time. It's obviously affected him very deeply. I think anyone that thinks he did that on purpose or had even a scintilla of intent to kill Ward is nuts. You know a sad part about it is he could easily get in a private jet and spend his off time at his home or any number of selfish ways but instead he chooses to go race with the locals because he loves to race and just his presence boosts attendance and helps out the short tracks, many of which are struggling to stay afloat nowadays.

I believe some folks are drawing inaccurate conclusions about what they see on that video. I grew up around short track racing with my Dad having street stocks up to sprint cars and every class in between and I must have heard it a million times whether he was loading the car in the trailer, in the pits,wherever..."stay the hell out of the way because you can't move fast enough to get out of their way". That young man should've known better and you can't put this on Tony.
well said.
 
Old 08-31-2014, 04:01 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,887 times
Reputation: 69
Yes, Tony kills somebody and he is the victim?!?!? WTH?
 
Old 08-31-2014, 04:38 PM
 
32,462 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Reputation: 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Yes, Tony kills somebody and he is the victim?!?!? WTH?
this is what is known as an accident. accidents happen. you are far to deluded into thinking that you know exactly what went on, and you are trying to use grainy photos made from bad video, and you listen to gossip mongers trying to improve their ratings at the expense of others, and then turn around an insult everyone that has REAL experience actually racing on the dirt tracks because somehow you think you know everything.

and now that you have constantly been schooled, you are turning to stupid sarcasm because you have nothing else to turn to. all your posts in this thread, and the one that was closed, are a huge failure.
 
Old 08-31-2014, 06:45 PM
 
204 posts, read 135,887 times
Reputation: 69
Schooled? OK You have no moral compass that's why you support a murderer. You really need to stop blowing Smoke and come up for air.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
this is what is known as an accident. accidents happen. you are far to deluded into thinking that you know exactly what went on, and you are trying to use grainy photos made from bad video, and you listen to gossip mongers trying to improve their ratings at the expense of others, and then turn around an insult everyone that has REAL experience actually racing on the dirt tracks because somehow you think you know everything.

and now that you have constantly been schooled, you are turning to stupid sarcasm because you have nothing else to turn to. all your posts in this thread, and the one that was closed, are a huge failure.
 
Old 08-31-2014, 07:15 PM
 
32,462 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Reputation: 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Schooled? OK You have no moral compass that's why you support a murderer. You really need to stop blowing Smoke and come up for air.
for your information tony has not been convicted of any crime, inf act he has not even been indicted of any crime, and thus you calling him a murderer is in fact slander. are you willing to accept the consequences of such an action? until such time as tony is in fact convicted of a crime, he is in fact innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW. and last time i checked you are not a court of law, thus your opinion means about the same as a pile of dung on the side of the road, nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top