Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 06:21 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,764,996 times

Advertisements

To me it looks like Ward took two or three steps forward after the car in front of Stewart passes as if he was advancing into the path of Stewart's car. Of course the camera did not focus on Ward as it happened but he appears to have moved down as Stewart approached. Did Stewarts rear end break loose do to him hitting the gas or was it due to swerving to avoid Ward?

Hopefully there is more video from different angles that will help determine what really happened. I am just speculating from watching the video as is everyone else. I am not a racing fan and have no biased opinions.

As far as a lawsuit you would think drivers would sign a release of liability before being allowed to race. Would an insurance company write a policy on a driver? I doubt it. I doubt race tracks would be able to stay in business without a drivers release.

Last edited by Wartrace; 08-10-2014 at 06:31 PM..

Old 08-10-2014, 06:22 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Regardless of criminal proceedings, Stewart is probably gonna get sued. Here's hoping that Harvick and Kurt Busch have backup plans.
Gene Haas is the financial stability behind the team. If Stewart leaves racing or is sued, the team will go on. Regan Smith did a nice job today in very short relief of Tony. If Tony stays out of the car a few more weeks, this will be a break for Smith.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:49 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,909,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yep, and he has a history of trying to teach other drivers a lesson or getting back at them. He intentionally spins other drivers out and puts them in the wall. He is a pretty dirty driver.

This article The 20 Dirtiest Drivers in NASCAR History | Bleacher Report ranks him as the 5th dirtiest Nascar driver of all time, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. being #1.
Sorry, but you are jumping to conclusions in the Stewart matter. Agenda over facts?

Also, that list you posted is a bunch of crap! Aggressiveness and mouthiness do not equal "dirty" driving. I'm no fan of several drivers on that list, but I wouldn't classify them as dirty.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Looks like Kevin walked as close to the cars as he could get to be seen. Rules need to change. you mostly see experienced racers get off the track as fast as possible.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:34 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,652,830 times
I spent 10 years crewing for a sprint car team. Stewart even drove that car at a race (he won it)
Here's my take on it. The original crash was an every Saturday night event, not particularly note worthy. He kid jumps out of his car because it was Stewart and makes a big Ta Doo about nothing... His plan is to act up for the fans, and bang on Tony's wing as he drives by, Stupid move but not unheard of on a Saturday night at the dirt track. Tony's responce is to goose the car a bit, shoot a dirt rooster tail on the kid. Kid steps toward wing and gets caught by Big right Rear wheel....unfortunate tragic accident that both sides could have avoided

Old 08-10-2014, 11:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,448,181 times
In the video, it looked to me like Stewart was driving straight then veered to the right toward Ward as he was walking on the track when he hit him.

Just my opinion.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:25 AM

684 posts, read 791,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
I spent 10 years crewing for a sprint car team. Stewart even drove that car at a race (he won it)
Here's my take on it. The original crash was an every Saturday night event, not particularly note worthy. He kid jumps out of his car because it was Stewart and makes a big Ta Doo about nothing... His plan is to act up for the fans, and bang on Tony's wing as he drives by, Stupid move but not unheard of on a Saturday night at the dirt track. Tony's responce is to goose the car a bit, shoot a dirt rooster tail on the kid. Kid steps toward wing and gets caught by Big right Rear wheel....unfortunate tragic accident that both sides could have avoided
Nice assessment. That could be why we do hear an engine revving. He if did just want to shoot some dirt on the kid.

It is a shame that this had to happened. Because Tony does do a lot for racing. For he's not doing these events for attention, nor for money, nor to make enemies, he just doing them because he loves racing. And many fans appreciate getting to go out to these small tracks to watch him. But that kid must've felt otherwise. And decided to go after him. But not to say, that this condones what Tony did.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:00 AM

329 posts, read 387,549 times
Preventable. You don't get out of a downed car on the track in black drivers suit on a dimly lit track. Kid wanted to be a bad ass. Only proved he was stupid.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:04 AM

329 posts, read 387,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Nice assessment. That could be why we do hear an engine revving. He if did just want to shoot some dirt on the kid.

It is a shame that this had to happened. Because Tony does do a lot for racing. For he's not doing these events for attention, nor for money, nor to make enemies, he just doing them because he loves racing. And many fans appreciate getting to go out to these small tracks to watch him. But that kid must've felt otherwise. And decided to go after him. But not to say, that this condones what Tony did.
Because when you "goose it" as you say, on a car like that it pushes the car left. The right rear tire is much larger than the left.
I see Stewart doing nothing wrong from the vid.
You don't get out of a car in a black suit on a dimly lit track on a corner where drivers are looking to their left.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:12 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,255 times
Video on you tube looks like he swerved after he hit him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing