U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2014, 05:42 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,628 posts, read 4,220,455 times
Reputation: 4582

Advertisements

I was pleased to hear that Stewart was cleared by the grand jury and extremely disappointed to hear that Ward was HIGH.. are you kidding me? Am I the only one extremely pissed off that this KID gets high, goes out and gets killed and Stewart is run through the ringer all because of this kids STUIPIDITY! FUQWAD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2014, 06:07 AM
 
5,221 posts, read 5,086,926 times
Reputation: 9729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
A blood test can measure active amounts of THC, versus a urinalysis which only detects marijuana metabolites.
Thanks for the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 06:59 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Since the DA sent it to the grand jury with no charges attached it was almost a given that there was nothing to charge Stewart with. It's very rare for a DA to send something to the GJ with no charges. The DA probably could have cleared him but the case was too high profile for him to take the risk, the wuss, so the easiest out for the DA was to send it off to the GJ.


I was also thinking the same thing .. pffft!
The DA was hardly a wuss. He did the smart thing. If he just said no evidence than it would look like he was giving Stuart a celebrity pass. Now he comes across as a stand up DA and lets the community decide on any wrong doing.
It's called CYA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 07:11 AM
 
764 posts, read 1,572,546 times
Reputation: 752
Where is the toxicology report for Stewart?????

Grand Jury convenes and makes decision in one day? C'mon man . . . . Prosecutor was not specific on how much marijuana was in Ward's system to determine impairment and the Grand Jury never saw a toxicology report? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,554 posts, read 10,257,939 times
Reputation: 9796
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Where is the toxicology report for Stewart?????

Grand Jury convenes and makes decision in one day? C'mon man . . . . Prosecutor was not specific on how much marijuana was in Ward's system to determine impairment and the Grand Jury never saw a toxicology report? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. . .
Give it a rest. The coroner ordered a tox screen on Ward because it's a fairly common practice when a death is involved. The official tox report may or may not be made public depending on privacy laws. Officers at the scene determined Stewart didn't need a tox screen after talking with him.

IMNSHO, smokin' a fatty right before you get in a high-performance race car is just plain stupid.

The evidence the DA and Grand Jury both saw indicated that Tony's car didn't accelerate and he held his line on the track. The car didn't change direction until after Ward was struck. The Grand Jury wasn't needed, but instead was done as a formality to clear the DA's office of any possible impropriety since the case involved a high-caliber celebrity.

Ward's family had better watch what they're saying. The statement made by Ward's mother could be considered slanderous because she accused Stewart of accelerating and driving in an intimidating fashion toward her son - both those claims have been debunked by the DA and the Grand Jury. If the Ward family is smart they'll work with the Stewart camp to reach a settlement without going to court, but if they try to file a civil suit against Stewart he'd be wise to lawyer up and file a defamation countersuit against them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,628 posts, read 11,162,634 times
Reputation: 37671
I am not a NASCAR fan, but always felt Tony did nothing wrong in this situation. It is obvious that the kid was a raving lunatic and put himself in harms way by running out into fast moving traffic. He was hellbent on getting at Tony and he walked into the car, rather than the car coming toward him.

Bet Ward's family has egg on their collective faces right now, with the information coming out that their "innocent little boy" was a stoner. But, from seeing them on TV, I bet they do not accept this as fact and will continue to vilify Stewart.

Tony is the one I feel sorry for in this whole mess. He has to live with the fact someone was killed by a car he was driving and that must be terrible to accept.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 11:57 AM
 
32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
Reputation: 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Ward's family had better watch what they're saying. The statement made by Ward's mother could be considered slanderous because she accused Stewart of accelerating and driving in an intimidating fashion toward her son - both those claims have been debunked by the DA and the Grand Jury. If the Ward family is smart they'll work with the Stewart camp to reach a settlement without going to court, but if they try to file a civil suit against Stewart he'd be wise to lawyer up and file a defamation countersuit against them.
i disagree with this. normally i would be standing beside you and suggesting that tony file the counter suit, but in this case, it would work against tony in the court of public opinion, which he has to tread carefully in since he is a public figure, and he has to deal with his sponsors as well as his fans. and if tony comes off as being a bully, then he loses even if he wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 12:12 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,890,268 times
Reputation: 18049
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The DA was hardly a wuss. He did the smart thing. If he just said no evidence than it would look like he was giving Stuart a celebrity pass. Now he comes across as a stand up DA and lets the community decide on any wrong doing.
It's called CYA.
I agree the DA was very right to send it to grand jury; instead of not bring it. The fact is investigators had no probable cause to actually charge Stewart. It looks like the were right. Stewart is cleared by a grand jury made up of citizens and not in limbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 12:15 PM
 
3,386 posts, read 4,332,103 times
Reputation: 2224
Supposedly there was atleast one video with a better view of the accident from someone who was facing the back of the car as opposed to the video from the drivers side that has been played continuously. I imagine that video probably cleared up many things.

I think the DA did Tony Stewart a favor by sending it to the grand jury. Now the DA has not recommended any charges AND a Grand Jury has found no reason to indict. I'm sure many people will not be swayed in the least but for someone to race high and literally run in traffic- at some point you can't protect someone from himself.

Then again I'm also tried of people whining about Steward dropping to a lower lever to race on the side. If he wants to take the risk fine. And if anyone doesn't realize that putting a Stewart, Gordon, Earnhardt on any race track sells tickets and helps support the local drivers they are dense.

The easiest way to determine pot is a urine test. You can get it out of your system in a week if you drink water like a drowning fish. But if you want to race I think you can give up the MaryJane for half a month at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 12:16 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,890,268 times
Reputation: 18049
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Where is the toxicology report for Stewart?????

Grand Jury convenes and makes decision in one day? C'mon man . . . . Prosecutor was not specific on how much marijuana was in Ward's system to determine impairment and the Grand Jury never saw a toxicology report? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. . .
Stewart is the defendant and there has to be probable cause to do testing. The testing during examination of body is routine and without even cause of death can't be used as evidence.its not just that but anyone watching video sees the foolish act of the deceased as major reason for accident that caused death. Even a civil trial would assign cause mostly to the deceased actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top