U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 09:47 AM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
We pretty much already have.
this season is not the last two. we dont know what danica will do this season. you may be right and she fades mid season, i may be right and she keeps improving. we just dont know what will happen, and that is why the races are actually run, and not just talked about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 09:22 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,890,268 times
Danica certainly has had top drives in both Indy and NASCAR which could be part of the problem She attracts more sponsorship by be female; plain and simple. She would never has made it to CUP level if not on record alone. I don't balame her for taking advantage but do she her has a female Jeff Gordon in skills either.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:31 PM

it seems to me that everyone is picking on danica, yet there are other drivers out there that are definitely worse than she is, and yet everyone ignores them.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:24 AM

I don't hear people building them up; just saying she has had what others have not and done little with it; called reality. She is where she is because she is a female and draws sponsors because of it plain and simple. Other wise she certain;y wouldn't be in Cup series on results. Media wouln'td be constantly giving her a by but saying she hasn't the experience or results to be there.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:54 AM

12,577 posts, read 13,302,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But Martinsville is a track where if you stay out of trouble you finish higher but never win. I think Harvick and K. Bush shows just now far she and Stewart at 40 are behind the top drivers with more young talent coming at them. She needed more experience before coming into the series. Her nationwide results never justified the move.
Neither did Tony's.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:41 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,411,425 times
Danica has finally showed us she has a competitive side to her...

It has yet to be seen whether she can keep this up for more than one race.

As far as NASCAR goes little by little, year by year it has become boring, only the US government has more regulations, rules and laws than NASCAR.

The "old days" when you didn't have to squint to see what the manufacturer of the race car was..

I can foresee in a few years as soon as the car enters pit lane the car will be taken over by a computer and control not relinquished back to the driver until the car clears pit lane...

No wonder I'm watching more and more dirt track racing, thanks for nothing NASCAR...

Old 04-10-2015, 12:25 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it seems to me that everyone is picking on danica, yet there are other drivers out there that are definitely worse than she is, and yet everyone ignores them.
There is no driver in NASCAR on a team as good as SH who is not a better driver than Danica.
Danica is a good student driver but she has no natural racing skills. She asks all the right questions and does just what she is instructed but that rarely puts you in victory circle.
As long a sponsors are willing to pay for her ride I don't see a problem with that.
Some people put Paul Menard in the same catagory but he does perform better than Danica.

The best example right now is David Ragan, now that he is in a top tier team he is running up in the top ten something he can't do in his regular low funded ride.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
There is no driver in NASCAR on a team as good as SH who is not a better driver than Danica.
Danica is a good student driver but she has no natural racing skills. She asks all the right questions and does just what she is instructed but that rarely puts you in victory circle.
As long a sponsors are willing to pay for her ride I don't see a problem with that.
Some people put Paul Menard in the same catagory but he does perform better than Danica.

The best example right now is David Ragan, now that he is in a top tier team he is running up in the top ten something he can't do in his regular low funded ride.
but you have to understand that danica has teh disadvantage of having to unlearn what she learned driving open wheel indy cars. the others have had the advantage of coming up through the nascar full bodied race car ranks. the disciplines are quite different. my point though, again is that she is putting her learning to good use and is doing better this year than the past two years. will this continue? i dont know, it depends on how competitive she wants to be.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:38 PM

But she is not the first ;take Sam Hornish; better record in Indy car went to NASCAR and now only getting some rides as alternate in Infinity series. She would not be there except for being female;which is just that way it is. There are many other examples if you care to search. No way her record is justifies being in Sprint cup series and even on level of team is is part of: plain and simple.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:47 AM

2,974 posts, read 3,955,455 times
Bottom line for Danica......her marketability.

I am not slighting Little E in any way.......but can anyone honestly say that before he got onboard with Hendricks, if it had not been for his fathers name and his racing ability (could not seem to break out) he might not have been able to get a ride.

Win or lose Little E is NASCARS cash cow as far as marketability fan adoration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or