U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 03:44 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,903,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
New sponsor is the logical choice. If she doesn't up her game this will probably be her last hurrah in NASCAR.

I can honestly see her heading back to IndyCar if NASCAR doesn't work out. That series is in even more trouble than NASCAR is.
No doubt it would be a dramatic demotion to a third tier series.

1. NASCAR

2. Rolex/Tudor sports car series

3. IndyCar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 11:20 AM

668 posts, read 468,758 times
Danica Patrick inks new deal, Nature's Bakery to be sponsor | NASCAR.com

Old 08-18-2015, 12:53 PM

9,071 posts, read 15,074,862 times
With the new sponsor covering 28 of the 36 point races, it looks like Danica will be hanging around Sprint Cup racing for a while. Apparently, they hope she can propel their snacks to a level of recognition that GoDaddy enjoyed from sponsoring her.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:29 AM

5,663 posts, read 4,235,168 times
Well, NBCs does a good job of ignoring Danica. I don't recall seeing the GoDaddy car during the last few races... FOX seems to enjoy promoting Danica but if she doesn't start contending or at least finishing in the top 10 regularly, she may not get another sponsor after NB goes away.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well, NBCs does a good job of ignoring Danica. I don't recall seeing the GoDaddy car during the last few races... FOX seems to enjoy promoting Danica but if she doesn't start contending or at least finishing in the top 10 regularly, she may not get another sponsor after NB goes away.
Possibly, but I am not so sure. Danica has a marketing appeal that goes beyond the average mid pack driver which gives her some added value to sponsors. That said, I think we will find out in a couple years, as I do not really see her developing into more than a mid pack driver at this point.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:05 AM

32,530 posts, read 26,432,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Possibly, but I am not so sure. Danica has a marketing appeal that goes beyond the average mid pack driver which gives her some added value to sponsors. That said, I think we will find out in a couple years, as I do not really see her developing into more than a mid pack driver at this point.
much as i hate to say it, i agree. danica has shown flashes of what i thought she would become as driver in nascar, but she hasnt developed much beyond where she was in her first two seasons. unless she starts to open up as a driver, she wont be anything more than a mid pack driver.

she just might have to move back to indycars where she did finish higher regularly than she does now.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:07 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,903,489 times
Quote:
I think Danica would do better in a sports car series, Rolex or Trans Am where she would have a better chance of being competitive plus with her good looks she could be an Auto company spokesperson for a long time.
Lynn St. James had a good sports racing career and was/is a longtime spokesperson for Ford. Danica could do the same for GM.

It's not easy to be a front runner in NASCAR even with the best equipment many other good drivers have had limited or poor results.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:19 AM

I agree with you both that she would see more success, and be able to sustain it in some of those other series. Although I think maybe sports car or Rolex would be better than IndyCar. The style of driving may better suit her too. Although she had some higher finishes in IndyCar, I think that may have been due to the field. She was enjoying a period where CART had expired, and a lot of former CART teams were coming back into the IndyCar fold. However, they were starting out from scratch with equipment since it differed enough from CART, and with drivers who were not accustomed the tracks Indy was running on, and often did not finish well. Maybe in her favor, Andretti-Greene racing did not seem to always be the best funded team either (and may now, in fact, be headed towards bankruptcy)

She does, at times, show flashes. However, she just does not appear to me to ever have reached a comfort level in the style of driving which goes on in stock cars.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:26 PM

9,455 posts, read 7,132,489 times
Quote:
Junior was the same from.. what? About 2007 to 2012 or so.. He wasn't running good, wasn't winning many races (Did get a few in there).. But, just his name kept him with cars and sponsorship.

If Danica wasn't Danica.. She'd either be out of the series or driving for one of the low tier teams like Front Row or Tommy Baldwin or similar. But, she is.. So she has one of the top 10 rides and is making a 20th place car out of it.

Junior, at least, was making a 20th place car out of a 20th place car during his downturn.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:02 AM

5,929 posts, read 6,742,220 times
Racing...from Bristol yesterday afternoon, comes in many forms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz-UV6l_lRc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or