U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 09:20 AM

32,533 posts, read 26,441,243 times

Advertisements

i think menard joins bowyer for one since he hasnt show the consistency to run up front.

and i think that mcmurray will also join menard and bowyer as not making the cut, so it will come down to jr and kyle busch, and busch just needs to be ahead of jr by two spots, or lead a lap and jr not. and given buschs recent performance particularly, i think he gets in and leaves jr also sitting out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 09:54 AM

5,806 posts, read 6,595,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think menard joins bowyer for one since he hasnt show the consistency to run up front.

and i think that mcmurray will also join menard and bowyer as not making the cut, so it will come down to jr and kyle busch, and busch just needs to be ahead of jr by two spots, or lead a lap and jr not. and given buschs recent performance particularly, i think he gets in and leaves jr also sitting out.
Yeah, I forgot about Menard. Bowyers fine was upheld, so he's screwed.

So I take it you are expecting Harvick to win. Many are picking the 18 to win. Dover has been Jimmy Johnson's track of late, but Gordon won there last time.

If the latest hurricane tracking forecast is correct, it will be raining at Dover until at least Wednesday. It's going to be ugly either way.

Old 10-01-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Yeah, I forgot about Menard. Bowyers fine was upheld, so he's screwed.

So I take it you are expecting Harvick to win. Many are picking the 18 to win. Dover has been Jimmy Johnson's track of late, but Gordon won there last time.

If the latest hurricane tracking forecast is correct, it will be raining at Dover until at least Wednesday. It's going to be ugly either way.
i think harvicks back is against the wall, and when he has been in that position before he steps up his game. if he doesnt win, then second place MIGHT get him in on points depending on what those just in front if him do.

i do expect a good day from harvick and busch though, and i think they are going to beat up on each other all day long to get the win at dover. however i think that if harvick finished any lower than say fourth, jr will be in the next round not harvick.

Old 10-01-2015, 01:32 PM

9,461 posts, read 7,136,732 times
Yeah.. This is going to be interesting.. I presume that if the race can't be run by Tuesday.. It will be cancelled, and will have to become the season finale.

They're running in Charlotte NEXT weekend, which gives them the ability to run the race on Tuesday(And an outside shot at Wednesday).. If they had to go to Kansas or something.. Monday would be the last shot.

Ford will likely be upset at that because it'll blow "Ford Championship Weekend" out of the water.

But.. All depends on what the weather does. Right now, weather channel shows clear Sunday on

Last edited by Labonte18; 10-01-2015 at 01:48 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 03:11 PM

well, so far harvick and busch are doing everything they need to do to move to the next round. harvick is up front and busch is second.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:44 PM

3,048 posts, read 2,216,627 times
50 to go, is Harvick going to run out again?

Nope! Caution!!!!

Old 10-04-2015, 05:42 PM

who would have thought the 48 team would have issues and leave them outside looking?

Old 10-04-2015, 08:16 PM

9,461 posts, read 7,136,732 times
Who would think someone that started the day in could finish 4th and wind up out? (McMurray)

Wonder how much of their hand Harvick had to show in the past 2 races? Might hurt them down the road.

That was a whole lot closer for Busch not making it than I thought it would be.

Johnson has not had a good year.. Everyone said they were sandbagging a bit and just trying different things leading up to the chase.. I think they just got caught with their pants down going in the chase.

Now.. Charlotte, Kansas and Talladega.. I would hope that Kyle Busch wins at either Charlotte or 'Dega.. Because he sucks at Kansas.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:25 AM

5,806 posts, read 6,595,318 times
Harvick is Happy again. The 4 team does look like they will be in the top four, especially since they have seemed to gotten the "bad luck" out of the way. Harvick is very focused.

I agree that the 48 team didn't have the spark and momentum to be successful in the Chase. They peaked too early this season then floundered.

They are all tied up now going into Charlotte. Should be interesting.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:00 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,906,693 times
Looks like Johnson has handed the Golden Horseshoe over to Harvick on a permanent basis.
Should make Hendrick happy that his number one driver is out and his number five driver is on his way to another title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or