U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 05:38 AM

5,802 posts, read 6,582,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Logano is the only one who can breathe this Sunday. Hamlin.. Unless he finishes 30th or worse, is pretty much OK, I think.. Outside of that.. It's white knuckle time.

Earnhardt and Kenseth are in must win situations. And both are pretty dang good plate racers. This will be 3.5 hours on the edge of your seat, I think.
'Dega has been really hyped up by NASCAR and NBC and it is do or die for 11 of the 12 left in the Chase. I expect to see some very aggressive moves by the 11 drivers fighting their way in. Nothing will be left on the table for this race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 07:16 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
Why did Kenseth complain about what Logano did to him when any of the chasers would do the same thing if they had been in Logano's position?

They are all running for a championship and if you can keep one of your biggest threats from winning why not?

What nobody is talking about is JJ not pitting on the last caution and keeping Harvick a lap down. That could possibly cost Harvick to be eliminated this week.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Why did Kenseth complain about what Logano did to him when any of the chasers would do the same thing if they had been in Logano's position?

They are all running for a championship and if you can keep one of your biggest threats from winning why not?

What nobody is talking about is JJ not pitting on the last caution and keeping Harvick a lap down. That could possibly cost Harvick to be eliminated this week.
I don't think there is any conspiracy about the 48 team trying to keep the 4 team out of the Chase, which is probably why no one is talking about it.

What I have heard is a lot of bitter talk about what the 22 did to the 20. IMO, it was exciting to watch and exactly what the 22 should have done. The 20 was trying to hold off a faster car and that is what happens if you do. Many are talking about an "eye to an eye" revenge on the 22. Whatever. You are supposed to drive to win each race. Both drivers were trying to do that.

I'm not a fan of either driver, but what the 22 did was probably the most exciting ending we have seen in quite a while.

Last edited by USNRET04; 10-20-2015 at 12:08 PM..

Old 10-20-2015, 12:01 PM

Chase Elliott's 2016 Cup Car:

Old 10-21-2015, 06:17 AM

NASCAR to only allow one G-W-C at 'Dega this Sunday. If a caution falls during the first lap of the first G-W-C the race will be over.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:51 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,854,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
NASCAR to only allow one G-W-C at 'Dega this Sunday. If a caution falls during the first lap of the first G-W-C the race will be over.
If I read the article correctly, this is a new rule change that will be for every race here on out.
It is just effective immediately, and therefore Talladega will be the first race under the new rule change.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:55 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,854,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I don't think there is any conspiracy about the 48 team trying to keep the 4 team out of the Chase, which is probably why no one is talking about it.

What I have heard is a lot of bitter talk about what the 22 did to the 20. IMO, it was exciting to watch and exactly what the 22 should have done. The 20 was trying to hold off a faster car and that is what happens if you do. Many are talking about an "eye to an eye" revenge on the 22. Whatever. You are supposed to drive to win each race. Both drivers were trying to do that.

I'm not a fan of either driver, but what the 22 did was probably the most exciting ending we have seen in quite a while.

I couldn't agree more.

I am tired of all the people whining about it. ALL of them seem to conveniently forget the fact that Kenseth put Logano in the wall twice while "blocking".

Old 10-21-2015, 11:29 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,186,923 times
^^yep. You block you get moved out the way. Blocking isn't racing but if you allow it then you have to allow the consequences. Every driver out there has been guilty of both and every one of them complains. It really makes them look dumb. You blocked the field, the field moved you - move on.

The Napa 24?! Bleh. Mikey better not be involved here. Man Chase has some shoes to fill though. No pressure! haha

Old 10-21-2015, 11:41 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,721,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
If I read the article correctly, this is a new rule change that will be for every race here on out.
It is just effective immediately, and therefore Talladega will be the first race under the new rule change.
Nope, just Talladega.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:24 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,098,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Nope, just Talladega.
It wouldn't surprise me to see them go to one attempt at all plate races next year if they deem this to be a 'success'.

Then they'll say we're going to do it at road courses, since they are unique and a lap can be 4 miles at one..

My problem isn't limiting the GWC, it's if a wreck happens at the back of the pack in turn 2 on the final lap.. Hold the caution until the leader crosses the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or