U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2015, 05:57 PM

32,510 posts, read 26,406,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Kenseth being a baby.
I was a Kenseth fan years back and he was always a milquetoast kind of driver shying away from confrontation. But then he joined Gibbs Racing and started winning more races and becomes a tough guy when he thinks he's been done wrong.
Tackles Keselosky after a race incident and now is crying about Logano taking him out.

The majority of former racers turned broadcaster seem the think both Kenseth (blocking) and Logano (spinning him out) did nothing wrong.

Kenseth should grow a pair and quit crying.
agreed!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 03:51 PM

3,042 posts, read 2,207,519 times
Logano won, but so far Jr gave the best interview......

Old 10-25-2015, 04:47 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Logano won, but so far Jr gave the best interview......
I haven't seen that interview. I'm guessing he showed more class than last weeks non winner.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:49 PM

32,510 posts, read 26,406,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I haven't seen that interview. I'm guessing he showed more class than last weeks non winner.
far more.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:58 PM

890 posts, read 1,534,959 times
I hate the chase format.

Really, I do. All it does open things up for this kind of BS.

I hadn't watched a single lap since mid August, but tuned in today because I usually enjoy Talladega.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:13 PM

1,274 posts, read 1,511,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
I hate the chase format.

Really, I do. All it does open things up for this kind of BS.

I hadn't watched a single lap since mid August, but tuned in today because I usually enjoy Talladega.
Yep, I used to love this race. Today was boring at least to me. The fans were booing at the end.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:34 PM

9,433 posts, read 7,115,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Yep, I used to love this race. Today was boring at least to me. The fans were booing at the end.
Well, gee.. I wonder why they were booing.. And it's not because of the race.. It's because of who won vs who was in 2nd place.

This is what sucks.. I totally believe that was intentional on Harvick's part, but.. What do you do? Kick him out and put Newman in? An argument could be made that he doesn't do that, Earnhardt wins, and therefore advances.. But, do you take him and put him in? That doesn't add up..

Let's say Hamlin was lead lap and the wreck caused him to miss the next round, do you take Harvick out and leapfrog Hamlin over Newman?

Harvick did it perfect.. While I doubt he thought of all this.. He put NASCAR in a spot where they can't do jack squat to him, because if they do, then they show that their system is a farce.

Totally agree that Earnhardt's interview was pure class.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:28 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,968,066 times
Little E showed a lot of class and maturity in his interview in light of a frustrating end to the race.......NASCAR should have done something when Harvick repeatedly mentioned that his car could not accelerate. If NASCAR is so concerned about safety they should have flagged him to the back of the pack and called him on his comments about his car to his crew.

I am still in the minority of those saying that NASCAR is in a diminishing sport as far as viewership and fan interest goes. I am still trying to figure out why it is only on the NBC Sports channel here where we live.......lots of guys I work with don't get the channel and don't know how to stream it.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:48 AM

5,803 posts, read 6,589,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Little E showed a lot of class and maturity in his interview in light of a frustrating end to the race.......NASCAR should have done something when Harvick repeatedly mentioned that his car could not accelerate. If NASCAR is so concerned about safety they should have flagged him to the back of the pack and called him on his comments about his car to his crew.

I am still in the minority of those saying that NASCAR is in a diminishing sport as far as viewership and fan interest goes. I am still trying to figure out why it is only on the NBC Sports channel here where we live.......lots of guys I work with don't get the channel and don't know how to stream it.
Very frustrating ending to what could have been one of the most exciting endings in a long while. Yes I was rooting for Jr, he may not have gotten in front of Joey, but it would have been interesting to find out. Harvick did what he had to do to stay in the Chase. The other drivers behind and around him should have been warned if they hadn't been.

To watch NBCSN streaming, you may want to look into Kodi and the SportsDevil app. It was streaming yesterday. There are media boxes that have Kodi already installed or you can install it on something like an Amazon FireStick or a PC.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:58 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,968,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Very frustrating ending to what could have been one of the most exciting endings in a long while. Yes I was rooting for Jr, he may not have gotten in front of Joey, but it would have been interesting to find out. Harvick did what he had to do to stay in the Chase. The other drivers behind and around him should have been warned if they hadn't been.

To watch NBCSN streaming, you may want to look into Kodi and the SportsDevil app. It was streaming yesterday. There are media boxes that have Kodi already installed or you can install it on something like an Amazon FireStick or a PC.
Thanks, at my age I am a bit tech savvy, but some of those I work with are not......and many of those who cut the cord on cable were in for a surprise this season when it wasn't on the local channels.

As far as the green white finish.....in my opinion you keep going until you can make three laps, now it is a chess game as far as throwing a caution and freezing the field. You want edge of your seat excitement......there you go.

I don't know is there any other sport that changes the rules as much as NASCAR does?

You want some excitement NASCAR..............move Talladega's elimination to next week or let those effected in the final chase like they did for Gordon.

Last edited by JBtwinz; 10-26-2015 at 05:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or