U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:26 PM

6,569 posts, read 10,290,206 times

Advertisements

Media is reporting that Kyle Busch suffered a compound fracture of his lower right leg and a broken left foot. My guess is he'll be out a minimum of 8 weeks if not longer. if I were one of his Sprint Cup Series sponsors I'd be ticked off.

Hearing Matt Crafton will replace him for the 500 tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 07:57 PM

1,620 posts, read 1,733,956 times
A compound fracture of his right leg will be tougher to deal with. He's obviously not a fan of these type races anyway, so he better hire someone to keep the press away from him so he doesn't get in trouble speaking his mind.

Quote:
Kyle Busch suffered a compound break of his right leg and a fracture of his left foot in in a wreck in the closing laps of the Xfinity Series race at Daytona International Speedway.

He is undergoing surgery on his right leg.

He is out indefinitely.

Kyle Busch breaks right leg, left foot; out indefinitely

Old 02-21-2015, 08:06 PM

3,003 posts, read 3,159,726 times
Well....that sucks

Old 02-21-2015, 09:14 PM

9,431 posts, read 7,108,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Media is reporting that Kyle Busch suffered a compound fracture of his lower right leg and a broken left foot. My guess is he'll be out a minimum of 8 weeks if not longer. if I were one of his Sprint Cup Series sponsors I'd be ticked off.

Hearing Matt Crafton will replace him for the 500 tomorrow.
I'm hearing Jones was the choice, but NASCAR squashed it due to him having no experience in Cup cars. They'll likely allow him at Atlanta, but.. Then again, Atlanta is a really fast track.. So, i'd expect him to be named the interim driver past Daytona if NASCAR will allow it. Gibbs really, really likes to use people already in the organization.

Compound fracture will keep him out quite a while. I'd say 8 weeks is about right.. A simple break.. You could see him rushing back in 3-4 weeks.. But, sounds like he's getting a rod inserted, based on surgery happening. So, compound of the lower leg is about like breaking the femur.. Remember when Bill Elliott broke his femur in.. 1997 or so, it kept him out about 8 weeks.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:39 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,965,508 times
Watched the Xfinity race yesterday.............coupled with the qualifying debacle (my opinion), NASCAR seems to be tweaking everything too much.........the rules to racing are getting too technical. Speeding through pit lane, watching pit boxes to make sure you have not driven through four, making sure you know if it is a caution or red flag (those split second changes between the two) and your position both off and on the track.

Sponsorship is dwindling as well as all those empty seats.......but the costs to the fans is steadily rising. The younger generation is not going to be replacing all the boomers and those a bit younger.

Just one last rant........listening and watching those guys announcing yesterday were testing my intelligence.......is that is all that is left to commenting...............WAITING FOR THE BIG ONE.

Hopefully some interesting racing today........one last thing........would be nice to see DuPont on board Gordon's car with the old paint scheme for a race or two this year!

Old 02-22-2015, 10:26 AM

27,385 posts, read 15,811,432 times
FRANCE NEEDS to take safety more seriously. 14 years ago we lost Dale, you think we would have learned our lesson. Gordon hits the inside wall at Vegas 7/8 years ago, you think we would have learned our lesson. The Chase, The new plate qualifying, The shape of Watkins Glen, and the fact that tracks don't have inside SAFER barriers don't help NASCAR's image and makes it look like they want the carnage. This needs to end.

FYI, I say France in referring to the family as they control BOTH NASCAR and the ISC tracks like Daytona and the Glen. I am only watching a few races this year because I didn't like the new Chase and want the France family to realize the error of their ways by a drop in viewers and fans in attendance. Money talks in sports and I'm planning on using my wisely and not giving any to NASCAR until they get their $h** together.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:36 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,886,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
FRANCE NEEDS to take safety more seriously. 14 years ago we lost Dale, you think we would have learned our lesson. Gordon hits the inside wall at Vegas 7/8 years ago, you think we would have learned our lesson. The Chase, The new plate qualifying, The shape of Watkins Glen, and the fact that tracks don't have inside SAFER barriers don't help NASCAR's image and makes it look like they want the carnage. This needs to end.

FYI, I say France in referring to the family as they control BOTH NASCAR and the ISC tracks like Daytona and the Glen. I am only watching a few races this year because I didn't like the new Chase and want the France family to realize the error of their ways by a drop in viewers and fans in attendance. Money talks in sports and I'm planning on using my wisely and not giving any to NASCAR until they get their $h** together.
IMO Brian France got just what he wants, crashing and carnage, keeps the younger crash fest fans interested.
What is it gonna take for this nonsense to end? Multiple stars all losing their lives in the same race?

The last "Great race" was the last non restrictor plate race at Daytona.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
IMO Brian France got just what he wants, crashing and carnage, keeps the younger crash fest fans interested.
What is it gonna take for this nonsense to end? Multiple stars all losing their lives in the same race?

The last "Great race" was the last non restrictor plate race at Daytona.
I am a young fn, you know what racing enjoy, the old new Bristol (no longer exists), the two car draft racing at plate tracks (again non existant), the 600, Richmond, Phoenix, Sonoma (I won't say the Glen until they fix the short chute issues) and the two mile tracks. I actually hate the big ones. I like racing, not senseless carnage. I realize you can get carnage from racing but the big ones and the Kyle wrecks are senseless.

As for removing the plate, the only one I heard that may work is the gear ratio but I am not sure if it wouldn't still cause pack racing in actuality. Sadly I was only a live for one, maybe two firecracker without the plates and maybe one 500 without them.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:31 PM

32,501 posts, read 26,381,433 times
anytime you want to reduce speeds, you need to take away the aero devices, as well as the horsepower and/or the rpms. back in the old days when i started watching nascar, they had small spoilers on the cars, about 3-4 inches tall in back, and about 4 inches in front. and the front spoiler was half the width of the car. the only restrictor plates were used on the big blocks, an then they were just small enough to equalize the horsepower.

these days if you want to slow the cars down, then use a 4.56 gear, a fairly large restrictor plate, like the ones they first used in the 80s, and take away the huge spoilers and make them small again.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:57 PM

The spoilers were dropped for most races this season, I think the plates now use the normal size spoilers from last year's season. The issue is with the plates you get the packs while without them you would get higher speeds and therefore worse wrecks in particular head on like Busch's yesterday. There is no real happy medium as both are dangerous, more so than most tracks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or