U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 08:07 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,725,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
None of y'all had a problem with the race broadcast? I thought it was the worst, most boring in the history of racing. All the individual screens made me dizzy and in-car radios with nothing to say of interest was horrible. Instead they should have called the race as usual, (highlighting the chasers of course) showing some racing that hopefully was going on SOMEWHERE on the track because all we got to watch was cars going in circles.

I'm going to have a hard time caring what the hell NASCAR does next year if this is what we get for the final race. No bueno!
I didn't notice anything different. Which broadcast were you watching? NBCSN was carrying a different feed than NBC, which was the normal broadcast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 09:02 AM

7,189 posts, read 11,250,470 times
Can't take it away from Shrub. He won the big trophy fair and square under the rules set by Nascar.

Now, I personally think the rules are BS that allow a champion to miss a third of the season. But, that's my opinion. But you can't blame that on the driver.

And yes, there were two different feeds on NBC and NBC Sportschannel. My wife was going back and forth between the two channels trying to find the NBC Football highlights show.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:47 AM

1,620 posts, read 1,737,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
I didn't notice anything different. Which broadcast were you watching? NBCSN was carrying a different feed than NBC, which was the normal broadcast.
Crap! That explains it. I was gone all day so I recorded the race on NBCSN because the post race was to be there.(was watching when I posted here) I had no idea the race had two different feeds.

NBCSN is replaying NBC's normal feed now and I'm embarrassed I thought what I saw last night was the main feed to the masses.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:04 AM

5,806 posts, read 6,596,550 times
Cheers to Rowdy and the 18 team. I was rooting for my long time favorite, Jeff Gordon, but it wasn't meant to be.

Kyle deserves the Championship.

Looking forward to have more free Sundays next year.

#24Ever!!

Old 11-23-2015, 11:15 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,192,515 times
I'm happy for Busch as he's certainly a great driver but it's still BS. The race was a bit dull and the last mystery caution was crap, as usual. Talk about manufacturing drama - not. Thought it was funny that the top 4 for the first handful of laps were the chase guys. Hmmm, interesting. lol I swear nascar has to lose the WWE junk or they are doomed.

Hard to believe the 24 is no longer the 24. Gordon has been the glue for nascar for a long time. Watching yesterday couldn't help but notice the ages of the main players. Going to be some massive retirements soon and I don't see the younger guys being up to the challenge of moving this sport forward. Time will tell but looks like the end game now.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:23 PM

32,539 posts, read 26,449,683 times
for jeff gordon fans, i think chase elliot will be a agood successor to the gordon legacy, time will tell though.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:50 PM

9,471 posts, read 7,136,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
Crap! That explains it. I was gone all day so I recorded the race on NBCSN because the post race was to be there.(was watching when I posted here) I had no idea the race had two different feeds.

NBCSN is replaying NBC's normal feed now and I'm embarrassed I thought what I saw last night was the main feed to the masses.
Yeah.. I was flipping between the two, because I honestly thought they were going to switch the race over to NBCSN at 7pm to let Football Night in America come on. I logged about 5 minutes with the NBCSN feed before I started getting a headache.

Kudos to NBC for pre-empting the NFL pre-game show.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:22 PM

27,454 posts, read 15,849,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
for jeff gordon fans, i think chase elliot will be a agood successor to the gordon legacy, time will tell though.
I think he will. He has the pedigree and the ability to do so. Winning a Nationwide/Xfinity and nearly repeating this year (down 15 points) would be a pretty good indicator. Of late we have seen future Cup champions be champions in that series (Keelowski and Busch.) I want it but I am not intending to watch the races to find out, until NASCAR makes it real racing. There's a problem when Monster Jam has a more legitmate point champion than NASCAR's premier series.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:17 PM

9,471 posts, read 7,136,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think he will. He has the pedigree and the ability to do so. Winning a Nationwide/Xfinity and nearly repeating this year (down 15 points) would be a pretty good indicator. Of late we have seen future Cup champions be champions in that series (Keelowski and Busch.) I want it but I am not intending to watch the races to find out, until NASCAR makes it real racing. There's a problem when Monster Jam has a more legitmate point champion than NASCAR's premier series.
Now.. Hold on there.

There have only been 2 true "Busch" series champions that went on to win the Sprint/Winston/Nextel Cup in my mind. Harvick and Bobby Labonte.. And.. Harvick you could make a weak argument against.

Labonte won the Busch championship in 91. A true Busch series driver who later moved up to Cup and then won a championship there.

Harvick.. In 2001, he ran both series full time, minus Daytona, of course. But.. I give him that and count him as a true Busch series driver who went on to win a Cup title. I don't count his 2006 title as him being a true 'Busch" champion.

Busch and Keselowski (And Harvick's second Busch title)... They were Busch-whackers. They were full time Cup drivers who moonlighted. I don't count them the same as Labonte and Harvick.

Should Earnhardt ever win a cup title.. I would certainly count him, because he was a true Busch driver when he won his championships there. Same with Biffle, Truex and Vickers, and everyone since and including Stenhouse. But I don't count anyone from 2006-2010 as a true "Busch" champion, as they were all full time cup drivers at the time.

And.. Well, just throwing this in there.. Stewart is the only Winston Cup, Nextel Cup and Sprint Cup champion. All three of his championships came with a different title sponsor.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:11 PM

27,454 posts, read 15,849,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Now.. Hold on there.

There have only been 2 true "Busch" series champions that went on to win the Sprint/Winston/Nextel Cup in my mind. Harvick and Bobby Labonte.. And.. Harvick you could make a weak argument against.

Labonte won the Busch championship in 91. A true Busch series driver who later moved up to Cup and then won a championship there.

Harvick.. In 2001, he ran both series full time, minus Daytona, of course. But.. I give him that and count him as a true Busch series driver who went on to win a Cup title. I don't count his 2006 title as him being a true 'Busch" champion.

Busch and Keselowski (And Harvick's second Busch title)... They were Busch-whackers. They were full time Cup drivers who moonlighted. I don't count them the same as Labonte and Harvick.

Should Earnhardt ever win a cup title.. I would certainly count him, because he was a true Busch driver when he won his championships there. Same with Biffle, Truex and Vickers, and everyone since and including Stenhouse. But I don't count anyone from 2006-2010 as a true "Busch" champion, as they were all full time cup drivers at the time.

And.. Well, just throwing this in there.. Stewart is the only Winston Cup, Nextel Cup and Sprint Cup champion. All three of his championships came with a different title sponsor.
Stewart won in all but the current chase co figuration too.

I can agree with the Busch, Busch-Whacking but Brad wasn't that good that year in cup, partly because he got called up to replace David Streme and was only a top 10 car in Atlanta before Carl Edwards wrecked him. Brad's Busch-Whacking is a bit different as while he was a NASCAR Cup driver, he wasn't fresh. Plus he would have clearly won Nationwide twice under the modern rules too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or