U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 07:25 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,874,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Do you want to live in a society where people's reputations, careers, and lives can be ruined based on what someone "says" without physical evidence and an official court trial? That is a very slippery slope. Look at what is going on with Bill Cosby right now. Until there is physical evidence and an official trial, accusations are just that, accusations
You're absolutely right but we don't know what went on in the court room.We don't know what the judge knew. Maybe somebody told him Kurt Bush was a hot head and he unfairly made a judgement call because of that.

I doubt many in NASCAR are going to stand up for Bush and tell the Court what a good guy he is. Certainly not Jack Roush, Roger Penske and maybe not even Tony Stuart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 11:05 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,186,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Do you want to live in a society where people's reputations, careers, and lives can be ruined based on what someone "says" without physical evidence and an official court trial? That is a very slippery slope. Look at what is going on with Bill Cosby right now. Until there is physical evidence and an official trial, accusations are just that, accusations

That already exists. He'll get his day in court. After that he can settle with NASCAR. As of right now a judge has issued an order that he committed an act of 'domestic violence' so it's not just public opinion.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 AM

9,071 posts, read 15,044,339 times
Just announced that Busch is not going to be criminally charged. We will have to see how NASCAR now reacts.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:44 AM

9,615 posts, read 4,605,529 times
If I were Busch, I would sue NASCAR.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:46 AM

5,917 posts, read 6,720,665 times
Great to see the AG, or at least someone, has come to their senses. This woman is an embarrassment to people everywhere who are truly in abusive relationships and need help and protection---not like Driscoll who came forward months later with a story, and no evidence, in an effort to embarrass Busch and hurt his reputation. Truly, it defines the "hell hath no furry like a woman scorned" saying.

Busch will, as I understand it, complete his "reinstatement process with NASCAR but I am guessing that will move swiftly now, and hope that he is soon back racing. I would really like to see him in the 500 again, and hope he can bring it home first!

As for the woman?> I would like to see Busch hire some high powered legal talent ( I think the guy who represented him did a poor job to ever let this thing get so far astray) and go after her for attempting to destroy his reputation and career. But maybe it is best to let it go...get an order of protection so she doesn't try any more shenanigans, and move on. Lord knows his career can't take too many more of these 'episodes'.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:37 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,874,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If I were Busch, I would sue NASCAR.
He could and maybe he would get some compensation but he will never get his NASCAR license back if he does.

NASCAR does owe him an apology and maybe some compensation but on their terms not any lawsuit he might pursue.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:41 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,955,483 times
Looks like the state is not going to file charges after all. It was the finding by the judge that caused that and you can not sue a judge. But then a civil suit doesn't require the same standard of proof as seen as criminal. Beyond a reasonable doubt is much higher standard than preponderance of evidence. He has signed up for some course required by NASCAR anyway. The judge in the restraining order ruled on preponderance civil standard. He needs to move on because his statement about her didn't help at all.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:36 AM

668 posts, read 467,505 times
NASCAR maintains indefinite suspension on Busch

Old 03-08-2015, 06:12 PM

9,615 posts, read 4,605,529 times
I think he screwed up and signed an agreement thinking it would get him less punishment. Now, he's stuck with it.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:03 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,955,483 times
No; its clear that he can pursue reinstatement really. The likelihood is much better because no fact came up in a trial. It was dropped for lack of proof of legal complaint filed. I bet we see him in time; same as other in drug cases haven gotten reinstated. His problem likely is to be his age and getting another serious drive.He can even file to have record expunged with court of record. The former order was just that a judges order on civil motion.; not even allowed to be mention in any criminal proceeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing