U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 03:53 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,725,759 times

Advertisements

NASCAR driver Kurt Busch suspended indefinitely - ESPN

I know he could be a hot head in the past, but I don't think this was entirely his fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 05:35 PM

9,686 posts, read 4,634,208 times
That's a shame. I don't care for him, but if he hasn't been charged I don't know about NASCAR doing this. If he is found guilty, he should be gone for at least a year, though.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:34 PM

32,536 posts, read 26,441,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That's a shame. I don't care for him, but if he hasn't been charged I don't know about NASCAR doing this. If he is found guilty, he should be gone for at least a year, though.
i agree, i think nascar is jumping the gun here. what happens if the courts find busch not guilty? how does nascar then compensate busch? do they just pay him a ton of money? reinstate him and call things good?

Old 02-20-2015, 10:58 PM

15,595 posts, read 35,317,256 times
His ex sure is making a soap opera out of this. She looked pathetic on the news. I hope he isn't guilty.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:23 PM

48,516 posts, read 84,078,425 times
If he is guilty then we have a system to punish him. The problem I see is interest groups with lynch mob mentality pushing to have punishment before trail in certain instances of charges claimed. This harms the system of innocent until proven guilty. Companies settle civil claims all the time to just move on as the harm is worse if it lingers. People sue because they look for settlement; not justice; so often. This is same thinking happening now in criminal charges.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:26 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,333,482 times
The suspension is a knee jerk reaction as a result from the fallout with Ray Rice. AutoWeek noted Travis Kvapil was ARRESTED in 2013 for domestic abuse and NASCAR did nothing. Kurt hasn't been formally charged nor arrested, but his career is officially over.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:05 PM

1,274 posts, read 1,512,629 times
His Ex reminds me of that woman that Robert Blake (Baretta) married and eventually gunned down. He was found not guilty. That woman was a con artist claiming that Christian Brando and Robert Blake were both the father of the baby she had (it was Robert Blake's baby). Bonnie Lee had a long history of ripping off men.

As for this woman, her past is beyond weird, and some of the stuff she is denying that Kurt is saying, yet she is claiming the same info on her work website. Specialty is supporting the Government in the War on Terror, stuff like that. I mean you can't make this stuff up, meaning Kurt said she said this stuff, and I think she is a delusional psycho. She was saying she was going to take him down, ruin his career etc. I think it is the typical psycho woman scorned who then is vengeful and all of a sudden abused. Oh and I am woman and a NASCAR fan but I believe Kurt's story way more than hers. In cases of abuse of course I do believe in zero tolerance but when a Psycho Ex-Girlfriend makes the claims, while saying she will take him down and ruin is career, I smell a big blonde rat! I hate it when women lie about this stuff as it my mind it makes all women look bad.

Looking forward to the Daytona 500!

Old 02-23-2015, 10:00 AM

5,930 posts, read 6,744,480 times
I am pretty sure that she entered his motor home in the middle of the night, uninvited, and he grabbed her and told her to leave. More than likely it was "physical", but what would you expect given her (and his) background?

Regardless, where did she go for months before she hatched this scheme to destroy him (which is apparently her "specialty")? Why didn't she go directly to security, or the police, and express her serious injuries? Yeah, I know, battered women are embarrassed. She doesn't strike me as a lilting flower who is afraid of a little humiliation over doing something stupid.

Why did it take the court months to issue a 30 minute restraining order? These things are not "trials"; the aggrieved party goes in, explains their version of events, says I am 'scared' and the judge issues a no contact order. It takes less than an hour.

Who is this guy ...the "commissioner"... to destroy Kurt Busch's career because he says " I believe her version of events more than his version of events? Who cares what he "thinks"? She, for whatever reason, was theoretically scared of Kurt and asked for a no contact order. Pretty simple.

When, and IF, he is charged/indicted (why has THAT taken six months over a simple assault issue?) then there will be a trial and the "stories" will come forth. It seems to be that if/when he is charged, that might be a good time for NASCAR to have acted; not when an administrative type says "I believed her story more than his". So what?

More than anything, this woman is an embarrassment to women everywhere who are in abusive relationships. True mental and physical abuse. Not "I grabbed her by the neck and told her she was not welcome in my private home and please leave", but women who are threatened with guns, knives, physical violence leading to broken bones, economic threats, verbal degradation and threats of death that truly frighten these women into complete breakdowns.

My conclusion...and Kurt is certainly no angel...is that this woman played the system for all it was worth in order to get some sort of sick revenge. She acts like it is some sort of "victory" that this horrible criminal abuser has been taken off the streets.

Somewhere there are thousands of women watching this farce unfold and wondering why, given their scars, bruises, broken bones, destroyed spirits, cut wounds and broken families, why the courts/society doesn't have time for them, but can invest millions of dollars and countless hours ensuring some sketchy (scary, if you ask me) bimbo isn't scared when she goes to a place where she has been told she is not welcome.

There is something hugely wrong with this whole scenario. You just have to wonder who she has "pictures" of, or what mental games she is capable of playing in order to satisfy her sick needs for hurting people.

I can just see judge Judy looking at her and asking, "What did you expect going to a place where you had already been told you were not wanted"? "What could you possibly have been thinking, that he suddenly was going to change his mind because you showed up in his house in the middle of the night?" Quite honestly if he had shot you as an intruder he probably would have been justified. You are probably lucky to have escaped with a sore neck!" Now get out of my courtroom!

I hope Kurt is not indicted, and he sues her, the commissioner, NASCAR and everyone else involved in this scam. Maybe a couple hundred million in damages to his career, and a couple hundred million for emotional damage. That might stop these baseless soap operas.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:59 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,192,515 times
NASCAR is a private corporation. They can punish anyone in the company for just about anything. Part of the price of being in their 'league'. NASCAR certainly doesn't need criminal charges to decide Busch is drag on their brand and ban him. Very little he can do.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:58 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,165,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
NASCAR is a private corporation. They can punish anyone in the company for just about anything. Part of the price of being in their 'league'. NASCAR certainly doesn't need criminal charges to decide Busch is drag on their brand and ban him. Very little he can do.
Do you want to live in a society where people's reputations, careers, and lives can be ruined based on what someone "says" without physical evidence and an official court trial? That is a very slippery slope. Look at what is going on with Bill Cosby right now. Until there is physical evidence and an official trial, accusations are just that, accusations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing