U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 12:34 PM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,774 posts, read 14,874,703 times

Advertisements

As long as NASCAR maintains partnerships with any manufacturer how can the rules ever be fair among all brands?

From Jayskie;

Track News and Announcements

Chevy becomes Founding Partner of Daytona Rising: International Speedway Corporation and Chevrolet announced a multi-year partnership that will make Chevrolet a Founding Partner at Daytona International Speedway (DIS) as part of its Daytona Rising redevelopment project. The historic $400 million Daytona Rising project, encompassing the Speedway's nearly one-mile long frontstretch, will be complete by January 2016. Beginning in 2016, the multi-year agreement will provide Chevrolet with naming rights for one of five fan injectors. The massive, new and redesigned entry includes over 20,000 square feet of Chevrolet new vehicle displays and a fan engagement experience that vertically spans four concourse levels. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Chevrolet will also have branding rights for one of the "neighborhoods" located near its injector. Each football field-sized neighborhood will be located throughout the new frontstretch and feature retail and dining areas, as well as dozens of video screens. Additionally, Chevrolet will serve as an official partner of the Daytona 500, and receive official pace car rights in select years. In addition to the Founding Partner status with Daytona Rising, Chevrolet extended its pace car rights at several ISC facilities including Darlington Raceway, Phoenix International Raceway and Watkins Glen International for various NASCAR and IMSA events. For tickets and more information on Daytona International Speedway events, visit daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP.(DIS / Team Chevy)(7-1-2015)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 05:41 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,013,875 times
The rules don't matter, all Brian France cares about is entertainment. The only "good" news this sport will see is if France dies in a plane crash.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The rules don't matter, all Brian France cares about is entertainment. The only "good" news this sport will see is if France dies in a plane crash.
That's pretty harsh, even I don't wish death on him.

I wonder if he is going to have himself nominated for the HOF.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:29 AM

This really is Good News. Anybody who has ever driven the Glen knows this is the real Glen. With a sellout this week opening the boot will make room for more spectators for future races.

NASCAR could run "the boot" again at Watkins Glen: Now that Watkins Glen has started repaving its racing surface, running "the Boot" may be back on the table for NASCAR races. The current configuration of the Glen for NASCAR Sprint Cup and XFINITY Series races eliminates the Boot, which contains Turns 6 through 9, and shortens the course from 3.40 miles to 2.45 miles. But with repaving already having taken place in the Boot, smoothing the bumps in that portion of the track, NASCAR is considering running the full Grand Prix Course, which currently is used for the Tudor United Sports Car Championship. "We could," NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development officer Steve O'Donnell told the NASCAR Wire Service before Sunday's Cheez-It 355 at the Glen. "We're discussing it with the track. It's something we're looking at down the road." Even with the addition of the Boot, Watkins Glen wouldn't be the longest road course on the NASCAR rotation. Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, which hosts the XFINITY Series, measures 4.048 miles.(NASCAR Wire Service)(8-10-2015

Old 08-11-2015, 06:17 AM

9,071 posts, read 15,044,339 times
NASCAR is so driven by sponsorship money I am sure there is temptations all over the place for impropriety.

I do like the idea of NASCAR running the boot at the Glen!

Old 08-11-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
NASCAR is so driven by sponsorship money I am sure there is temptations all over the place for impropriety.

I do like the idea of NASCAR running the boot at the Glen!

One of our favorite viewing spots is the sole of the boot. We try to rent a golf cart when available so we can tour the whole track and watch from different vantage points around the track. Don't know if that would be possible with NASCAR since the crowds are much larger than with Rolex, SCCA, SVRA of any of the sports car events.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:30 PM

2,056 posts, read 2,469,089 times
I live in Daytona Beach. The France family completely killed stock car racing. The best news to me would be to hear that NASCAR folded it's tent. What a circus! Get the races out of the hands of the sponsors and put it back in the hands of the drivers and car owners. No more spec cars, no more plate racing.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:53 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,891,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
I live in Daytona Beach. The France family completely killed stock car racing. The best news to me would be to hear that NASCAR folded it's tent. What a circus! Get the races out of the hands of the sponsors and put it back in the hands of the drivers and car owners. No more spec cars, no more plate racing.
I watched the race today or tried to watch it. First good thing to happen was to get Logano off the track. Then I went to sleep. Then I woke up and started to prepare dinner and heard Jimmie Johnson was moving forward. Eight laps of good racing and the announcer was jabbering something about the chase. Points system was doing fine before somebody tried to manipulate the system. Fairness in administering the rules would be a pleasant change too. It is now like a ball game where the officials are too involved. Get out of the way and let them race.

A race car fan wants to see cars racing. We don't need the chase, cars getting back on the lead lap is pansy at best. No laps should be counted that are not earned. No wave around junk. Let them race then it will be an interesting sport again. I don't know who ruined it but somebody did. It is a sport. I don't care about how they feel about the confederate flag or the candidates running for president. I have my own opinions on both subjects and nothing NASCAR says or does will influence that opinion. But it does distract from the enjoyment of the sport. NASCAR was exciting before the heavy-handed crap started. Political correctness makes most people ill. America is a free country where we can all decide what we like or don't like. I don't like seeing a good sport ruined by overregulating. Sounds like the Democratic party. LOL

And what was that silliness about telling pit crews when they can add more gas or how many tires they can use. Do racing teams really need a nanny? Nobody likes a control freak!

Last edited by NCN; 11-08-2015 at 07:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or